* * * * * 7 votes

Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

figure collectible japan

#2491 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   984 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

I'm getting 2B for sure, and I'm hoping Big Nep from VII turns out great.

At first glance the Makoto P5 figure was an instant buy for me, but I think I'm going to wait for it to be painted and finished before I decide if I want to preorder it.

Posted Image

#2492 DarthPwner  

DarthPwner

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:51 PM

I think that Lina Inverse is awesome! Slayers was one of the first Anime series I ever had the pleasure of watching! Gourry and Zelgadis were my favorite characters for a long time! I'm glad to see that series getting some love!

#2493 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39874 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:53 AM

Anyone use any US based sites to preorder on? Seems like that's a cheaper overall option than using a Japanese site. What sites do you use?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#2494 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3507 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

Anyone use any US based sites to preorder on? Seems like that's a cheaper overall option than using a Japanese site. What sites do you use?

I've used all of the US shops listed in the op. Anime Island is currently my US shop of choice thanks to free shipping, 20% down on pre-orders vs having to pay 100% upfront (though you have that option too if you prefer it), good prices, and there seems to always be at least 10% off coupon available.

BBTS is also nice since they allow cancellations and don't charge for pre-orders until release.

I've been using TOM less thanks to their increased order cost requirement for free shipping and increased restrictions on shop points usage. TOM does ship their stuff well and includes nice extras such as a clear file and some Japanese snack/candy.

As far as cost vs Japanese stores, US stores can be cheaper but usually aren't. USD has been holding strong against JPY. Even after paying to ship your package across the world, the price is usually less than US shops. Sometimes it depends on the manufacturer's relationship with the shop. For example, I've noticed Anime Island sometimes has the best price (factoring in free shipping) on Kotobukiya figures. For Aniplex exclusives, going with a US shop such as TOM is usually cheaper than importing.

Japanese shops have the added benefits of getting your items much sooner, increased stock reliability, and better able to predict month of release. If you think Japanese figures get delayed often, US shops incur that same delay + additional US stock delays.

#2495 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3507 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

Orchid Seed 1/7 Dragon's Crown Sorceress (June 2018):

EFsKBpR.jpg

Pre-order OS Sorceress from AmiAmi (12620 JPY): http://www.amiami.co...e=FIGURE-032261

I thought Orchid Seed had given up on this one. Dat skeleton, lol.

#2496 DarthPwner  

DarthPwner

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

She probably would have back problems, for sure!
😳

#2497 ProfessorMicro   Dark Lord of the Sith CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

ProfessorMicro

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

irtk_fallout_4_t51_power_armor.jpg

Threezero Fallout T-51 Power Armor Exclusive for $262 and tax.

Don't wait on this if you want it, these things sell quickly.

GO GO GO

https://www.thinkgee...m/product/irtk/

ProfessorMicro.png

"You cannot hide from what you once were, Revan! Recognize that you were once the Dark Lord—and know that I have taken your place!"

#2498 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3507 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:36 AM

HS bargain bin: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/360/0/1
Alter Kongiku for 8260 yen: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10202062

#2499 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1908 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:45 PM

Son of a bitch, I always find out about these way too late, would have loved to get that PAK Cloud on sale :(  

#2500 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3507 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

TOM figures with 50% back in points: https://otakumode.co.../pickup/over-50

A few video game figures in there.

#2501 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:15 PM

Alter's Monohime (new ver.) is the Daily Deal at HLJ (20% off) - https://hlj.com/prod...20441?SaleGroup

sig.gif
2017 Completed Games || My gaming blog

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#2502 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39874 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

Alter's Monohime (new ver.) is the Daily Deal at HLJ (20% off) - https://hlj.com/prod...20441?SaleGroup

I was looking at that. So tempted

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#2503 ProfessorMicro   Dark Lord of the Sith CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

ProfessorMicro

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:12 AM

Barnes & Noble has 50% off on select Kotobukiya statuettes and other collectibles including Star Wars and Marvel figures. Combines with code LABORDAY17 for 20%off a single item. There's also a Banpresto Racing Miku figure in there.

ProfessorMicro.png

"You cannot hide from what you once were, Revan! Recognize that you were once the Dark Lord—and know that I have taken your place!"

#2504 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

Link to the B&N sale mentioned above =P - https://www.barnesan...e-only/_/N-2o0w

While I'm here, HLJ's Autumn Sale is starting soon, at 10AM JST (6PM PST). I'll amend this post with the link once it's up. (ETA: Sale's started!)

Also, there's a bunch of PAKs, plushies, and other figures/merch discounted as part of the Square Enix Store's Back to School Sale - https://store.na.squ...ale-merchandise
sig.gif

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#2505 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3507 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:35 PM

I went through the Nendo BotW Link DX box and am very impressed. So much included. It would have been nice if the horse were Epona, but the generic horse looks great all the same. I like that they used soft material rather than plastic for the horse rein. I think GSC was only told of early game equipment, which would explain the choice of accessories (and generic horse). I still give Wind Waker Link the win as best Link Nendo thanks to those amazing face plates, but this one should not be missed.

Speaking of WW Link, IGN did a short unbox of the amazingly expensive F4F 1/4 scale King of Red Lions:

#2506 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:13 AM

Anime Island has Labor Day coupons good until Sept. 6:

Sale & Clearance:
17% Off Clearance Items: LABOR17

USA Pre-order Coupons:
11% OFF above $50.00: LABOR11
13% OFF above $100.00: LABOR13
15% OFF above $150.00: LABOR15

International Pre-order Coupons:
5% OFF above $50.00: LABOR5OFF
8% OFF above $100.00: LABOR8OFF

I think I'd heard about these coupons somewhere earlier, but a post in the Figure Sales thread on MFC reminded me of their existence. Placed an order for figma MP3 Samus and a couple other action figures; just couldn't resist 15% off plus free shipping ;)

sig.gif

#2507 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3507 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

Anime Island prices, coupons, and free shipping are great. They are, however, slow as f* to ship orders out. I was bugging them for the past month to ship out one of my orders (Nendoroid Sasuke, which they admitted they had already received stock for), and they finally did a few days ago when another of my orders (Kotobukiya Roy Mustang) was ready.

AI is also slow to get stock compared to other US stores. Kirin Hobby has this problem as well. All US stores get their stock at least a month later than Japan stores, but even after that the speed can vary. As far as US stores go, BBTS is probably the fastest to get stock.

While AI is my go-to US store, these days I almost always use Japan stores. I only use them instead of a Japan store in one of the following situations:

1) The item is sold out at Japan shops.

2) The item is exclusive in Japan but sold normally in US partner shops.

3) The price difference, including shipping, is so big that I can't say no.

#2508 Rteacher  

Rteacher

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:29 PM

this looks cool 

#2509 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:48 PM

While AI is my go-to US store, these days I almost always use Japan stores. I only use them instead of a Japan store in one of the following situations:
1) The item is sold out at Japan shops.
2) The item is exclusive in Japan but sold normally in US partner shops.
3) The price difference, including shipping, is so big that I can't say no.

Your first criteria is what led me to make the order in the first place. S.H.Figuarts Son Goku had gone up for preorder at the Japanese shops last week, but had also sold out really fast at all the ones I'd checked, so I was happy to see that Anime Island had him. Eventually added on a couple of figma, Umi from Rayearth and Samus, to take advantage of the coupon deal (plus they'd probably be the cheapest I'd ever get them for, factoring in shipping and said deal...).

I tend to stick to Japanese shops as well, but Anime Island is good when their coupon sales are happening, and if you don't mind the wait after release.

sig.gif

#2510 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3507 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:43 PM

Figma Bloodborne Hunter (May 2018):

tFOJuxq.jpg

Pre-order Figma Bloodborne Hunter from AmiAmi (7110 JPY): http://www.amiami.co...e=FIGURE-033444

Another expensive game-licensed Figma >_>

I just got Figma Kat in. Looks nice, although the alternate faces seem awfully similar.

#2511 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4108 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:50 PM

Union Creative's Beat (Jet Set Radio) went up for preorder, too, for a December 2017 release. HLJ has one of the cheaper prices for him (6,282 yen).

Meanwhile, there's also a preorder up now for a 10-pack box of Bandai's Splatoon 2 trading figures. There's four types of figures, and four sets of gear to dress them up. AmiAmi's cheapest this time at 3,780 yen.
sig.gif

#2512 elessar123  

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

Figma Bloodborne Hunter (May 2018):

tFOJuxq.jpg

Pre-order Figma Bloodborne Hunter from AmiAmi (7110 JPY): http://www.amiami.co...e=FIGURE-033444

The GSC one comes with the messengers, btw. The hunter's accessories are sparse as it is, so it might be worth it if you're getting it anyways.

Spoiler

#2513 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   13951 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Union Creative's Beat (Jet Set Radio) went up for preorder, too, for a December 2017 release. HLJ has one of the cheaper prices for him (6,282 yen).

Meanwhile, there's also a preorder up now for a 10-pack box of Bandai's Splatoon 2 trading figures. There's four types of figures, and four sets of gear to dress them up. AmiAmi's cheapest this time at 3,780 yen.

I love Splatoon 1/2 so much...in for two boxes.

#2514 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3507 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:13 PM

Anime Island has closed.

They have started issuing refunds for pre-orders. If you have any, I recommend sending them an email (sales@anime-island.com) with the order numbers, amount paid, and payment method. Give them a few days to issue your refund(s) before filing PayPal disputes or chargebacks.

I had two pending pre-orders and emailed them earlier today. Already one refund has been issued through PayPal. My other pre-order was through authroize.net credit card payment, and I haven't seen this refund yet. Luckily I was able to order these two figures from other stores, albeit at higher prices than from AI.

Goodbye free shipping regardless of order total ;_;

#2515 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39874 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:37 PM

Surprising. Have they said anything about it or are they silent?

#2516 ProfessorMicro   Dark Lord of the Sith CAGiversary!   724 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

ProfessorMicro

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:46 PM

;_;

goodnight sweet prince

also give me my money back

ProfessorMicro.png

#2517 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1590 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:31 AM

They're like my favorite shop. I can't believe this.

#2518 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   984 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

Ugh no wonder why they haven't been responding to my email.

I had preordered Megaman Trigger from them and paid in full, hoping I can find him elsewhere. Also hoping they refund me fast.

Edit: Looks like they refunded me via paypal on Monday, but didn't send an email or anything to let me know what was going on.  Wonder what happened to them.

Posted Image

#2519 lockheart47   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

lockheart47

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

So not sure if its a deal or not but i found this on Amazon

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

as far as i can tell its sold for 100ish dollars on other sites so its a great price. Bought mine today so i will be able to let everyone know when i get her. There's 3 left for anyone interested.

#2520 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39874 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

So not sure if its a deal or not but i found this on Amazon

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

as far as i can tell its sold for 100ish dollars on other sites so its a great price. Bought mine today so i will be able to let everyone know when i get her. There's 3 left for anyone interested.

Neat find