* * * * * 7 votes

Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

figure collectible japan

#2581 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:13 PM

I've previously mostly gone through Solaris Japan or Nippon Yasan, is it possible to pay at order time instead of ship time with AmiAmi for anything? I'd prefer to know what I'm paying now rather than wait to see exchange rates a year from now, personally.

You cannot pay upfront at AmiAmi.

Of my four favorite figure shops (AmiAmi, Big in Japan, Hobby Link Japan, & Hobby Search), only BiJ allows upfront payment.

#2582 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

Woohoo, my package was not lost! I've been worried about an RSAL order from AmiAmi that was sent out 11/30 and has had no update since. It finally arrived arrived in New York today (12/29). That holiday shipping...

-Update- Delivered on day 41 ^^

#2583 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3613 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

Not a video game figure, but for some reason one of my most wanted Monogatari figures is being sold again on GSC's website:

7a72fa1226b9d1ced4e2d3e90d6923ec.jpg

https://goodsmilesho...SC_SCA_WD_00014

#2584 Miker525  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:29 AM

So I've been trying to hunt down the Goro Majima Figma figure and I'm having an issue finding it for less than double retail (I've really only been watching ebay and amazon). It's been a real pain in the ass. I recently picked up the Kazuma Kiryu figma with the Good Smile pre order bonus for ~$62. I'd be willing to go up to like $85 for Majima but can't even find it anywhere.

I'm new to figure collecting though. Anyone know of a place that sells them for a reasonable price? Or if not if anyone has an extra one they'd sell off let me know!

THESE ARE ALL THE (PHYSICAL) GAMES I OWN. | YEARLY SPENDING ON GAMES.

Steam: Miker525 | XBL: Miker525 | PSN: MikeRosenberg

- If you add me give me a heads up so I know to not auto decline it -

#2585 ProfessorMicro   Dark Lord of the Sith CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorMicro

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:15 AM

So I've been trying to hunt down the Goro Majima Figma figure and I'm having an issue finding it for less than double retail (I've really only been watching ebay and amazon). It's been a real pain in the ass. I recently picked up the Kazuma Kiryu figma with the Good Smile pre order bonus for ~$62. I'd be willing to go up to like $85 for Majima but can't even find it anywhere.

I'm new to figure collecting though. Anyone know of a place that sells them for a reasonable price? Or if not if anyone has an extra one they'd sell off let me know!

You can try stalking Mandarake. I didn't see any there just now but you never know when something will pop up.

ProfessorMicro.png

"You cannot hide from what you once were, Revan! Recognize that you were once the Dark Lord—and know that I have taken your place!"

#2586 Miker525  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

You can try stalking Mandarake. I didn't see any there just now but you never know when something will pop up.

Cool I'll take a look there. I've never shopped there before. Do they ship to the US or would I have to use some kind of importing service to get it delivered to the US? I've found the product page for the item but non in stock. Do they update their inventory frequently? Seems like it's a big chain over in Japan

#2587 ProfessorMicro   Dark Lord of the Sith CAGiversary!   727 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

ProfessorMicro

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:33 AM

I've never actually bought from them, but I've heard a lot about them.

They're a physical chain of stores in Japan. You can browse their stock online but might want to pounce quickly when you find what you want as things can be purchased in store at any time. I'm pretty sure they'll ship to the US without any sort of middleman. They sell mostly used items, but in Japan a used toy is basically a brand new figure. Sometimes they actually are brand new but have a microscopic dent on the box. They're basically the only option for many OOP figures.

ProfessorMicro.png

"You cannot hide from what you once were, Revan! Recognize that you were once the Dark Lord—and know that I have taken your place!"

#2588 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:40 AM

Mandarake ships to US directly. Also keep a lookout at AmiAmi Pre-owned and Suruga-ya (this one does require proxy/forward). None of these stores currently have him in stock.

I don't think you'll find him for $85. Even though he was released within the last year, his stock seems much more scare than Kiryu's, leading to higher prices. Cheapest I could find him for right now is 9800 JPY (~$91) at Amazon JP.

#2589 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1162 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:33 PM

You cannot pay upfront at AmiAmi.

Of my four favorite figure shops (AmiAmi, Big in Japan, Hobby Link Japan, & Hobby Search), only BiJ allows upfront payment.

I think I sort of found a workaround. I can load a gift balance for the figure price onto an Amazon JP account now to be used when it ships. The main downside being if the order is canceled for whatever reason I'll be stuck with an Amazon JP balance instead of a refund, but I'm sure I could find something if that happens.

Posted Image

#2590 SirConnery   I'm selling all my Game Boy games! CAGiversary!   921 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:47 AM

So random question, I searched and thought this was as good a place as any to ask...

I don't normally collect these figures, but I happened to buy one on a whim at Goodwill recently. The figure is fixed, no movable limbs. There's a pin in the right foot though, that's really long. Almost as tall as the whole figure and slides into the foot. I can't tell if it's supposed to be that way, maybe it connects to a stand that wasn't included? It's this Sega figure from 1998 - YURIKA MISUMARU Nadesico

#2591 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6436 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:36 PM

So random question, I searched and thought this was as good a place as any to ask...

I don't normally collect these figures, but I happened to buy one on a whim at Goodwill recently. The figure is fixed, no movable limbs. There's a pin in the right foot though, that's really long. Almost as tall as the whole figure and slides into the foot. I can't tell if it's supposed to be that way, maybe it connects to a stand that wasn't included? It's this Sega figure from 1998 - YURIKA MISUMARU Nadesico

Back in 2000 there was a series of figure sets Bandai released in the US. Each contained two small immoveable figures and one larger figure with mild articulation. The sets included Big O, Outlaw Star and Escaflowne from what I recall, but perhaps Nadesico was in that list too. The figure you linked looks like it could belong to those sets. It likely would have included the figure you have and a second with a stand for both, and a third stand with a pole that would hold up the ship.

I don't think the sets were named anything special, but there's another lead for you.

#2592 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4128 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

I don't normally collect these figures, but I happened to buy one on a whim at Goodwill recently. The figure is fixed, no movable limbs. There's a pin in the right foot though, that's really long. Almost as tall as the whole figure and slides into the foot. I can't tell if it's supposed to be that way, maybe it connects to a stand that wasn't included? It's this Sega figure from 1998 - YURIKA MISUMARU Nadesico

I found your figure in the MyFigureCollection database; the info does match the eBay listing - https://myfigurecoll....net/item/12308

As for the pin, the only thing I could think of is that the figure is hollow. This is a common indicator of a soft vinyl figure, but those often don't need stands. The MFC listing doesn't include any information that indicates either soft vinyl or a stand, but when checking on a couple of more popular figures from the same product line (Utena, Anthy, photo of both), that info came up.

So yeah, it seems like your Nadesico figure originally included a stand (as well as a trading card and CD), and the reason why the peg is so long is because of the material used and the manufacturing process.
sig.gif
2018 Completed Games || My gaming blog

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#2593 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:41 PM

Nendoroid Mario is up for re-release: http://www.amiami.co...URE-009118-S001

He wasn't hard to get the first time, so I'm surprised he's getting another release. A variant (Odyssey, Kart, or, for the love of lakitu, Sunshine) would have been cool.

#2594 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

Nendoroid Pokemon Giovanni and Mewtwo (August 2018):

tZYvCkd.jpg

Nendo Giovanni from AmiAmi (4480 JPY): http://www.amiami.co...e=FIGURE-036501

Not up on US Pokecenter yet, but will include bonus Beast Ball.

#2595 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:27 AM

Figma Dead or Alive Kasumi (July 2018):

5mhDnw9.jpg

Figma Kasumi from AmiAmi (6470 JPY): http://www.amiami.co...e=FIGURE-036699

She's one of my favorite DoA fighters, but that price :\

#2596 elessar123  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

It is a very good looking figma though, I'll give them that.

Spoiler

#2597 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4128 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:48 PM

Anyone here wanna help me clear out some extra space? Items up for sale include Nendoroids Ice Kirby and Lillie with exclusive shop bonuses. More may be listed in the weeks ahead.
sig.gif

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#2598 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:54 PM

Nier Automata Trading Mini Figs:

HRjPU4w.jpg

http://www.amiami.co...=GOODS-00206706

#2599 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:40 PM

GSC WonFes exclusives go up for sale 2/18. Includes Nendoroid Snow Miku Crane Priestess:

c7hECVV.jpg

US customers get half-off shipping at 1000 yen. With shipping this cheap, you don't need to worry about doing a group order.

I'll be ordering Nendo Miku (dat torii base!) and Nendo Megumin School Uniform ver (because KonoSuba).

On a side note, I'm currently doing a free TOM premium trial which includes a daily free try at an online crane game in Japan, and I actually won something! Got a Re:Zero acryllic keychain (of Rem I believe). The games are crazy hard though thanks to lag and weak-ass claws. I only won because the last person set me up so well. He should have won, but due to lag, he didn't touch the prize on his last attempt. I would never put money into it, but a free try per day is pretty fun.

#2600 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4128 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:52 PM

Love the torii base, but the real string parts on both the bell and the fan have ultimately turned me off. Like with 2016, this'll be a figma-only Snow Miku year for me. Thanks for the news about the shipping; hadn't heard about that, though it's not too surprising as they've done it before.

I tried the online crane game when I (briefly) had TOM Premium, and could never get the danged thing to work right. The lag is so, so bad, and Japanese crane machines are hard enough in person. Congrats on winning(?) something though!
sig.gif

#2601 Rig   Rig = Lunar CAGiversary!   13969 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:59 PM

Toreba is actually a pretty good online UFO Catcher. I’ve won A few things from it. Way better than that one TOM has. That’s nearly unplayable.

#2602 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39946 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:08 PM

Toreba is actually a pretty good online UFO Catcher. I’ve won A few things from it. Way better than that one TOM has. That’s nearly unplayable.

Same, I've won before with Toreba, but the TOM one is ridiculous with the lag. Toreba can do it decently, not sure what's up with the TOM one.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#2603 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:52 PM

Nendoroid Mega Man 11 Roll (August 2018):

Lx5tY9b.jpg

Nendo Roll from AmiAmi (3980 JPY): http://www.amiami.co...e=FIGURE-036857

#2604 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:41 AM

HS bargain bin: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/360/0/1

Nothing for me.

#2605 elessar123  

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:59 PM

Yea, it's a bit lackluster. The only one I considered was Shimakaze, but it's that price just about anywhere right now.

Spoiler

#2606 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:57 PM

Re-Ment Kirby Terrarium Collection (set of 6):

NIfDWLG.jpg

http://www.amiami.co...=GOODS-00208126

Not sure how big each terrarium is, but it's a cute set.

#2607 elessar123  

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:02 PM

Those things are usually very small. Think golf ball.

Spoiler

#2608 Miker525  

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:20 AM

Has anyone picked up the Overwatch Tracer Figma? I've been looking at buying it but I feel like the face sculpt is pretty awful. That's just from the few pictures I've seen online though. Curious if anyone who has it can shed some light on the quality and if it's worth the $60

#2609 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3606 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:25 AM

Mondo Castlevania Symphony of the Night 1/4 Alucard: https://mondotees.co...ucard-exclusive

#2610 dv8mad   Fulfilling CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:23 AM

Wow, that TOM thing is garbage! Decided to try it out even though I am in Japan and, apparently, the "lag" is built into the system because there is no way I should be seeing it. Oh well, it didn't even let me select Japan as my country so I would have had to have anything I won go to the U.S. anyway. LOL

Keep the lowball fires burning. Visit the forum today. Make one or just participate, your choice!

1-1.jpg Visit dv8CAG.com for your JP needs! 2-1.jpg

Also, check out my EBAY store for current deals.