* * * * * 7 votes

Japanese Video Game Figure Thread

figure collectible japan

#2671 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:21 PM

First pics of Bring Arts Nier Automata 2B: http://nov.2chan.net/y/res/3759124.htm

As expected, qc is poor and some bad design decisions. If only she could be a Figma...

For anyone considering Kaine, I would take this as a cautionary tale.

#2672 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

I may try renewing TOM premium when my trial ends in a week. For $14.99 you get $16.50 in TOM points and 50% off the cheapest shipping option on all orders. If you don't renew and signup for premium again later, I think you still get the points bonus, but you have to wait until a renewal before you are eligible for the shipping discount.

#2673 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4162 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:12 PM

If you don't renew and signup for premium again later, I think you still get the points bonus, but you have to wait until a renewal before you are eligible for the shipping discount.

I can confirm that you do get the points but not the shipping discount if you sign up again later :razz:

Speaking of which, that's a pretty nice shipping discount. My renewal deadline's coming up in May, and I'm wondering if I should go for it. Shipping aside, TOM's regular prices are pretty high, and their best deals don't happen that often.
sig.gif
2018 Completed Games || My gaming blog

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#2674 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:45 PM

The 50% off shipping deal is good until November. The normal discount is smaller, at least 10%. It does mention something about 4+ month members only. I'll ask them to make sure this would work if I renew for 90 days.

I don't buy from them too often. Considering you get more back in points than you pay for the premium, it would pay for itself as long as you have something to buy. I'm debating those new Banpresto BNHA prizes. Todoroki's proportions look questionable though, and I already ordered the previous Deku (without holding his mask).

I tried out TOM customer service for the first time recently:

Spoiler

-Update-

TOM replied that the 50% off shipping deal should apply to all premium renewals. Guess I'll try it out.

#2675 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:06 PM

Figma Overwatch Reaper (February 2019):

cJ9ya1s.jpg

AmiAmi BiJ HLJ HS

#2676 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:28 AM

Nendoroid God of War Kratos (October 2018):

Grf4iZs.jpg

AmiAmi BiJ HLJ HS

I wish they had included a beardless face and chained blades from earlier GoW games.

#2677 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22384 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:03 PM

I'm not a huge Japanese figure expert or collector- but anyone think it's worth picking up the Bring Arts 2b figure? It's a pretty pricey figure for me and I don't really know anything about Bring Arts (in terms of quality and whatnot). 

Nier was a dope ass game and I do want the figure but I collected a few of the Kotobukiya bishoujo figures (only Japanese series I'd say I collected) and found out recently that they're re-releasing some of the ones I already have (vs some of the older ones I missed). It makes it hard to justify paying so much for something. 

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Final Fantasy XV - :):-k 

:3ds: Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology - :)

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#2678 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4162 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:56 PM

I'm not a huge Japanese figure expert or collector- but anyone think it's worth picking up the Bring Arts 2b figure? It's a pretty pricey figure for me and I don't really know anything about Bring Arts (in terms of quality and whatnot). 

Nier was a dope ass game and I do want the figure but I collected a few of the Kotobukiya bishoujo figures (only Japanese series I'd say I collected) and found out recently that they're re-releasing some of the ones I already have (vs some of the older ones I missed). It makes it hard to justify paying so much for something.

No. The 2chan link lilman posted earlier no longer works, but it seems like the figure turned out pretty badly. Bring Arts is a pretty new line, so no one knows if it's decent overall or not, but Square Enix's previous history with action figures has been hit or miss.

I might go for the machine lifeform set, as the one that came with 2B looked okay, but 2B herself is an easy pass (gotta finish Automata first, though). Not sure if trading figures are your thing, but Square Enix makes good-to-great ones, so the NieR:Automata Trading Arts Mini set will probably turn out well.
sig.gif

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#2679 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:29 PM

You can read firsthand feedback on her MFC page: https://myfigurecoll...net/item/573921

The short answer is no, don't waste your money on her. Most people are hoping Flare's 2B scale will turn out well: https://myfigurecoll...net/item/549472

#2680 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

TOM Golden Week sale: https://otakumode.co...tion=gwsale0426

10% off for regular members, 20% off for premium. Only in stock items included in sale.

Looks like there are some decent deals in there (at least for premium members). My April/May is already too packed though, so I'm going to avoid delving deeper.

#2681 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22384 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

You can read firsthand feedback on her MFC page: https://myfigurecoll...net/item/573921

The short answer is no, don't waste your money on her. Most people are hoping Flare's 2B scale will turn out well: https://myfigurecoll...net/item/549472

Thanks for the feedback to the two of you, gonna pass in that case. 

Currently playing: 

:ps4: Final Fantasy XV - :):-k 

:3ds: Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology - :)

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#2682 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2018 - 11:10 AM

The TOM rep I spoke with two weeks ago was wrong about 90 day premium renewal counting for the 50% off shipping promotion. I'm only getting 10% off. I emailed them to see if they will activate it for me since they said I would be eligible.

I ended up winning 12 times from Akiba Catcher free plays during my 90 day premium trial. My win log for anyone interested: https://www.cheapass...2#entry13942157
Mostly just keychains, but it was still fun to win stuff for free. Now I have another 90 days to see what I can win ^^

Win log for next 90 days:

Spoiler

#2683 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:38 AM

Heard back from TOM, and they are saying the 50% discount promotion was from 2017. They didn't put a year anywhere on the promotion page. They have now taken the page down. I was given $3 in TOM points for the confusion (which doesn't mean much considering in my first order alone, I was planning to save more than $3 on shipping).

Renewing TOM premium still isn't a bad deal since you spend $14.99 and get $16.50 in points. I'm still annoyed though since this felt like false advertising, especially with a TOM rep confirming the shipping discount before I renewed :\

#2684 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:43 PM

TOM Premium daily deal for 5/2 is Nendoroid Mercy for $25: https://otakumode.co...ic-Skin-Edition

#2685 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   1002 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:08 AM

TOM Premium daily deal for 5/2 is Nendoroid Mercy for $25: https://otakumode.co...ic-Skin-Edition

Shoot, wish I didn't miss this deal.

Posted Image

#2686 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

TOM Premium daily deal for 5/4 is Nendoroid Edward Elric for $24.49: https://otakumode.co...st-Edward-Elric

I have this Nendo and he's awesome!

#2687 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4162 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:48 PM

Via wewe at MFC, here's a new 30% off coupon from TOM (expires May 29th): FLUFFY

This coupon affects the entire cart, but said cart must include an item with the "Plushies" label. Fortunately, there's a ton of cheap options if you aren't much of a plush fan. They have some video game-related plushies, too: Square Enix, Kirby, etc.

There's also a 10x points promo going on through May 28th, so a pretty good discount, all in all (yes, I took advantage of it!). It gets even better if you're into swimsuit figures, for which there's a sale going on.
sig.gif

#2688 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

Thanks a lot R. Kasahara for the killer TOM deal! Today's the last day for anyone interested.

I ordered:

F:NEX 1/7 Overlord Albedo - $170.99 (non-premium $179.99)

Alter 1/7 Fate/GO Scathach Loungewear ver - $147.24 (non-premium $154.99)

My Hero Academia Uraraka Plush - $8.55 (non-premium $9)

Total: $326.78 - 30% plush coupon = $228.75

Factoring in the coupon and distributing the cost of the plush between the two figures, Albedo cost $123 and Scathach was $106. Shipping was free since the order was over $150. Very good prices for these two figures. Scathach alone was going to cost me $123 + around $14 in shipping from HLJ. Being TOM premium saved me $11 compared to a regular member, so it really was a good decision when I renewed earlier.

There were cheaper plushes available, but I figured I would spend a little more and get a BNHA character rather than some random animal plush keychain :P

To top it all off, today they started a 20x points promo if you buy at least 2 items in an order. I got back $45 in TOM points. If you bought earlier during the 10x promo, they say you can email them and they'll credit your account the points difference.

#2689 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4162 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:04 PM

If you bought earlier during the 10x promo, they say you can email them and they'll credit your account the points difference.

That's awesome of them. I would've regretted missing out on that deal otherwise! Already sent them an email.

I'm a longtime plush collector-- even founded the plush club on MFC-- so picking one out wasn't very hard for me. Even though I usually don't go for this sort of plush, I got one of these silly little shibes (Okaka, to be specific) :3
sig.gif

#2690 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:31 PM

I'm a longtime plush collector-- even founded the plush club on MFC-- so picking one out wasn't very hard for me. Even though I usually don't go for this sort of plush, I got one of these silly little shibes (Okaka, to be specific) :3

Those shiba were in a TOM crane machine for a while. You got one a lot cheaper than anyone who played for it, lol.

If you don't mind me asking, what figures did you end up getting from this deal?

#2691 elessar123  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:06 PM

The promo is amazing. Roughly 44% off at max.

Spoiler

#2692 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4162 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:55 PM

Those shiba were in a TOM crane machine for a while. You got one a lot cheaper than anyone who played for it, lol.

If you don't mind me asking, what figures did you end up getting from this deal?

Yeah, I attempted getting one of those plushies via Net Catcher quite a few times XD

Besides that plush, I got Nendo Atlas, Nendo P-body, figma Fuu Hououji (have to complete that Rayearth set), and figma Higma. After the coupon and using about $12 in points, everything came to an even $150.00.

I remembered too late that my husband wanted Nendo Guardian, so I feel bad about that, but depending on how many points I get credited thanks to this new deal (ETA: $15! Thanks, TOM!), and/or whatever the next Sakura Coupon ends up being, I may pick it up for him soon.
sig.gif

#2693 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1197 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:35 PM

Yeah, I failed at trying to ignore this promo. Every time I think I'm done with figures some great excuse to get all the ones I had been skipping comes along, it seems.  :lol:

My picks were:

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Mini Plush

https://otakumode.co...ning-Mini-Plush

Megurine Luka: Temptation Ver. 1/7 Scale Figure

https://otakumode.co...-7-Scale-Figure

Racing Miku 2016: TeamUKYO Ver. 1/7 Scale Figure

https://otakumode.co...-7-Scale-Figure

Hyperdimension Neptunia Purple Heart: Bunny Ver. 1/4 Scale Figure

https://otakumode.co...-4-Scale-Figure

Hyperdimension Neptunia Black Heart: Bunny Ver. 1/4 Scale Figure

https://otakumode.co...-4-Scale-Figure

Posted Image

#2694 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:53 AM

Figma Persona 5 Panther/Anne (November 2018):

Ozkip2u.jpg

AmiAmi HLJ BiJ HS

Figma Persona 5 Joker re-release is also up for pre-order.

Figma Miku GT Racing 2018 (December 2018):

4xl1Alt.jpg

AmiAmi HLJ BiJ HS

Nendoroid Play Set #06 Part A and Part B (January 2019):

kMj70ij.jpg

I'm interested in picking up the new Nendo play set. It would be great if the sliding door sides are functional so we could place the Japanese room set behind them (on a platform to adjust for the floor height difference).

#2695 elessar123  

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:28 PM

Anne's thigh gap looks really off.

Spoiler

#2696 DarthPwner  

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:01 PM

3C8064D4-B74C-469C-8BF0-194253CB9C08.jpeg

#2697 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4162 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:03 AM

Hobby Search sale starts in about an hour!
sig.gif

#2698 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:52 AM

Still kinda expensive. Really regret not seeing the posts earlier about TOM. Really wanted those Gantz girls!

#2699 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3708 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:07 PM

Nendo MGS Solid Snake re-release is up for pre-order. He was twice original cost in aftermarket.

#2700 elessar123  

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:21 PM

TOM has one last coupon, 30% off figures and dolls. Code is "COLLECTION".

Spoiler