Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (360/PS3 - USED) $14.99 w/FS at GameFly

Honestly, this was one of the best games of games of 2011 in MHO... and pretty much a steal at that price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Honestly, this was a ne of the best games of games of 2011 in MHO... and pretty much a steal at that price.[/QUOTE]

Agreed - this game is great.

Definitely going to pick this one up eventually, but I think I'm going to wait for a little lower. I don't see myself having time to play it anytime soon.

Just started playing this last week and it is indeed a blast. Nothing like mass slaughtering Orcs to lift ones spirits.

if you want to play online past level 5 , then you need online code which is printed on the back of manual or you can play single player which is more fun

OF COURSE this goes on sale the day after I decide to use my gamefly dollars on it while it's $17.99. For anyone wondering it plays a little more sluggish than Gears and there's not a cover system. It is fun though, even later in the game when it gets frustrating you still get some moderate enjoyment from it.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I flipped a bunch of copys of this game a few weeks ago but never played it. What game does this compare to ?[/QUOTE]

it compares to being an Angel of Death, the Emperor's Finest, disregarding cover to charge forward in heavy power armor to cure a Forge World of an orkish infection. And to do so, beat many orks to death with various tools.

but in reality, while always compared to Gears, they really don't feel alike to me at all. I played SM as more of a brawler with guns in it.

LX4V0.jpg

I picked this up for $10 from Best Buy with an @Gamer coupon at the very end of 2011(December 31st to be exact). It's not a bad game perse, but the kill animations get majorly repetitive very fast.:whistle2:#

[quote name='strait edge follower']I flipped a bunch of copys of this game a few weeks ago but never played it. What game does this compare to ?[/QUOTE]
If you want to try it there is a demo available.

i also got it for $10. I enjoyed it, and liked the coop, but havent tried the online VS modes yet. when I did search it didnt come up with anything (PS3). now they have 2 different DLC map sets to separate the playerbase trifold.

[quote name='Mikocouch']I loved this game, was just pure fun.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think this was my best surprise of 2011. Awesome game.

Hmm... kinda tempted. Not sure if this will drop any lower on Gamefly by the end of March (since I have $5 GF bucks that expire then). El Shaddai for $15 is pretty tempting as well. Any opinions on both titles?

[quote name='kevgret']Do I need to know anything about the warhammer world before I play this one?[/QUOTE]The game does an amazing job of setting the universe up for those new to it so, no, no prior knowledge is needed but the ending might trigger more than a few questions about the universe. :)

I just ordered Warhammer, I liked the demo and Randy Blythe said it was his favorite game of 2011 (Lamb of God singer.) I just wish I had time to play it LOLZ

[quote name='AgentW']it compares to being an Angel of Death, the Emperor's Finest, disregarding cover to charge forward in heavy power armor to cure a Forge World of an orkish infection. And to do so, beat many orks to death with various tools.

but in reality, while always compared to Gears, they really don't feel alike to me at all. I played SM as more of a brawler with guns in it.

LX4V0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

And yet my Long Fangs have no qualms with parking their old, bitter asses in cover and raining sweet flaming justice and purification upon the enemies of Russ. :cool:

Space Marine sucks because you have to be an Ultra Smurf. Stupid boy scouts have to be GW "main line" for space dudes. Shame.

(In all honesty, I loved Space Marine. I would be far too embarrassed to retell the tails of my exclamations while playing it. If you're 40K fan, you already have it. If you like "brawlers with guns" in a cool, unique Sci-Fi universe, get it!)

[quote name='maxim2boobles']if you want to play online past level 5 , then you need online code which is printed on the back of manual or you can play single player which is more fun[/QUOTE]

Gamefly includes the manual with the unused code.

[quote name='Plastics']What community is more active? Also, any graphical differences?[/QUOTE]

The Wii version looks best. But the Dreamcast version has the biggest online community.

... Wait, what?

[quote name='AgentW']
LX4V0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is kinda funny because in both the table-top game and in the Warhammer RTS games for the PC, cover for your units (Space marines and otherwise) has always played a key role, and using cover tactically is a key to winning.

That said... ditching cover and rushing into the enemy horde is MUCH more fun in my opinion!! So, a good game design choice if you really want to enjoy action. If you prefer spending 50% of your time squatting behind a crate or wall, then you can go with a game with a cover system.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I picked this up for $10 from Best Buy with an @Gamer coupon at the very end of 2011(December 31st to be exact). It's not a bad game perse, but the kill animations get majorly repetitive very fast.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]got it for $10 the same way, the only ? is will it make it outta my backlog b4 the end of 2012?

sweet....wasn't a big fan of the demo but was willing to try and i wanted to get more into the game.....was waiting for price drop...good price so i'll bite....thanks cheapy...

[quote name='Enuf']got it for $10 the same way, the only ? is will it make it outta my backlog b4 the end of 2012?[/QUOTE]
If it still had a decent tiv I'd probably ditch it once I get it back from my one buddy who's playing through it this week. I may give it a second shot, but I doubt I'll finish the game.

This game was awesome, I'm pretty butt-hurt more people didn't buy it new. I know that this is CAG, but damnit I love me some space marines in the 40K universe.

[quote name='whitereflection']The game is also available for PS3. It's a legitimate question.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I'm not sure which has the stronger player base... Its likely not much different between the two.

I can say graphically speaking the demo on the 360 was more impressive.

[quote name='TheKbob']Space Marine sucks because you have to be an Ultra Smurf. Stupid boy scouts have to be GW "main line" for space dudes. Shame. [/QUOTE]

Not a UltraSmurf fan either but the story, as written, really only works with them...

If we do get a sequel, which I hear is doubtful due to poor sales, hopefully it does open up to other chapters. :)

[quote name='friedram']This game was awesome, I'm pretty butt-hurt more people didn't buy it new. I know that this is CAG, but damnit I love me some space marines in the 40K universe.[/QUOTE]

So very true... Its painful to know it didn't sale well but its really too late to do anything about it... Hopefully those who buy it use like it enough they support it by buying some DLC. :)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']So very true... Its painful to know it didn't sale well but its really too late to do anything about it... Hopefully those who buy it use like it enough they support it by buying some DLC. :)[/QUOTE]

which speaking of, the newest pack has Dreadnoughts. For all of your unstoppable killing machine fantasies. Now not yet having played it, but it sounds awesome, can you customize your Dreadnought chassis? So I can be Bjorn the Fell Handed? or bright pink?

and I think it's dead. back to 17.99

[quote name='AgentW']which speaking of, the newest pack has Dreadnoughts. For all of your unstoppable killing machine fantasies. Now not yet having played it, but it sounds awesome, can you customize your Dreadnought chassis? So I can be Bjorn the Fell Handed? or bright pink?[/QUOTE]I've not played it either... but I'm doubting you can customize it. It seems its given random to one team member when its unlocked by the team and you're suppose to move around the board to collect points and whatnot so your team can win the game but it seems most people camp with the dreadnought and just get insane kill totals even if its not winning the game for their team.

This, people reporting connection issues with it, the trophies/achievements talked about not being in place have me holding off till Relic gets it looked at.

Now the Chaos Unleashed DLC is allot of fun. :)

bread's done
Back