(DEAD) Sony PSP Go Pearl White $31 Sams Club YMMV

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys, I found out that Sam's Club is clearancing out the PSP Go System in Pearl White for $31 Plus tax. I know someone who got it a few days ago for that price. I went to my local Sams Club and they did in fact have it but I couldnt buy it, apparently it was "Pulled for Liquidation". At least that's what was on the screen when they were checking to see if it was in stock... Other people have had better luck I guess in other states as I recently saw this posted on Slick Deals as well, but seems like barely anyone knows about it. So..you might find it at your local Sams Club for that price. I assume that they are getting rid of em as the Vita is coming out. I hope everyone else has better luck! Again, this is prob YMMV as some Sams Club stores are still allowing you to purchase them and others might be like the one near me that are "pulling them for liquidation" Anyways, Good luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think mine has had them in stock for awhile. I remember I was watching a piano black one for awhile and it got bought at around 70. i was waiting for 50. For 30 though it may be worth running to sams club really quick.

i scored one for $56.XX back in september. Mine was an "open box, last one left" type deal though. came with everything still sealed, just missing the box itself.

well the PSP Go doesn't support UMD discs just so you know, i think it only plays games that you download through the PSN Network.

[quote name='srac84']well the PSP Go doesn't support UMD discs just so you know, i think it only plays games that you download through the PSN Network.[/QUOTE]

He might be talking about the two downloads that Sony offered during the PSN outage.

I read about this in a post on here, the Googled to find it on SD. Somewhere there posted a 1 day pass. I will get on my computer to check out that pass.

I think the OP of the post on that site took 3 days because they wanted to be sure to scour all local stores before the vultures attacked. Can't blame them.

I got one really cheap ($30) and let me tell you, the novelty wears off QUICKLY. At any price it is still just a PSP with a limited library, the only was I would personally recommend it is if you did have a large number of legitimately purchased titles from the PSN store. Otherwise save your cash.

[quote name='ZForce915']I got one really cheap ($30) and let me tell you, the novelty wears off QUICKLY. At any price it is still just a PSP with a limited library, the only was I would personally recommend it is if you did have a large number of legitimately purchased titles from the PSN store. Otherwise save your cash.[/QUOTE]

But... but... it's PLAYSTATION!!!!!!! Does it go to PS Home? That would be SICK!!!!!!!!:)

[quote name='ZForce915']I got one really cheap ($30) and let me tell you, the novelty wears off QUICKLY. At any price it is still just a PSP with a limited library, the only was I would personally recommend it is if you did have a large number of legitimately purchased titles from the PSN store. Otherwise save your cash.[/QUOTE]

It's also the only PSP that syncs with a PS3 controller. I did that, and hooked it up to the TV, letting me play PSP exclusives as if they were console games.

I'm sure there are some of us here who can't get one that would be willing to take this off your hands if it isn't your thing. Just sayin....:lol:

[quote name='myl0r']I'm sure there are some of us here who can't get one that would be willing to take this off your hands if it isn't your thing. Just sayin....:lol:[/QUOTE]

I dumped it off on craigslist already. Sorry.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']I just want one to play tactics ogre. Man I would kill for the ps3 to have a psp emulator :(.[/QUOTE]

That would kill the point of owning a PSP.

Also...and I know it's a lot more, white PSP Go's are 99.97 on clearance at Sears. I'd check google shopping before driving out though only 2 sears in my area have them.

[quote name='McCarron']A friend works at Sams Club and found a list of locations that SHOW they have one for $32. On this list was also the Des Plaines, IL store which I went to last night and we couldn't find the PSP go. So it's not guaranteed but this list is a good reference to maybe find one.

Anchorage, AK
Santa Clarita, CA
Gainesville, FL
Bradenton, FL
Alpharetta, GA
Idaho Falls, ID
Scarborough, ME
Farmington Hills, MI
Grand Blanc, MI
Las Vegas, NV
Beavercreek, OH
York, PA
Spartanburg, SC[/QUOTE]

Same here! Sucks Texas isn't on the list. There is not one nearby enough for me to drive and check

[quote name='McCarron']A friend works at Sams Club and found a list of locations that SHOW they have one for $32. On this list was also the Des Plaines, IL store which I went to last night and we couldn't find the PSP go. So it's not guaranteed but this list is a good reference to maybe find one.

Anchorage, AK
Santa Clarita, CA
Gainesville, FL
Bradenton, FL
Alpharetta, GA
Idaho Falls, ID
Scarborough, ME
Farmington Hills, MI
Grand Blanc, MI
Las Vegas, NV
Beavercreek, OH
York, PA
Spartanburg, SC[/QUOTE]

This sucks. I live about an hour and a half from beavercreek.

Anchorage, AK
Santa Clarita, CA
Gainesville, FL
Bradenton, FL
Alpharetta, GA
Idaho Falls, ID
Scarborough, ME
Farmington Hills, MI
Grand Blanc, MI
Las Vegas, NV
Beavercreek, OH
York, PA
Spartanburg, SC[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I wonder if it'd be worth it to drive an hour and a half just to check, haha.

Yeah mine is on the list in Michigan, though like I said I went to the store and they really did have it but it wasn't on the shelf, they checked it on their computer, but said that the status was "pulled for liquidation" which they said meant they weren't allowed to sell it and that they were sending it back to the manufacturer, so.. just cuz a store has it doesn't mean they will sell it to you which sucks..!

Haha, yep. I had one for a couple of weeks and returned it, since I missed the bigger screen and the actually comfortable triggers on my PSP-2000. Today, in the world where Vita is right around the corner and 3DS is getting established, I don't think I could buy a Go anymore.

If your going hunting for a PSP you could always pick up a PSN card so your trip isn't a toal waste. Thye usually have tehm a couple bucks off.

What novelty? Being able to play kickass games on the go with a cool, sleek, lightweight and highly portable design?

And what other kind of purchases are there from the PSN store other than legitimate ones?

To anyone that enjoys RPGs at all and do not have a PSP, here is what is loaded on my Go:

- Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
- Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VIII
- Final Fantasy IX
- Xenogears
- Vagrant Story
- Lunar: Silver Story
- Wild Arms 2
- Grandia
- Valkyria Chronicles II
- Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
- Disgaea 2
- Jeanne D'Arc

For action fans, I also have:

- Killzone: Liberation
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
- Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
- LittleBigPlanet

All available at the click of a button - no swapping games in and out. I like that on consoles, but it rocks even more for a portable device.

[quote name='srac84']Yeah mine is on the list in Michigan, though like I said I went to the store and they really did have it but it wasn't on the shelf, they checked it on their computer, but said that the status was "pulled for liquidation" which they said meant they weren't allowed to sell it and that they were sending it back to the manufacturer, so.. just cuz a store has it doesn't mean they will sell it to you which sucks..![/QUOTE]

This is true, just because it's listed as in stock on the site doesn't mean you'll find it in the store. The chance of getting one for $31 is extremely YMMV. I tried to get a black PSP Go back when they were around $60-70 on clearance at Sam's Club and there weren't any at the store despite the site saying it was in stock. Not really worth hunting for IMO, unless you have a friend that works a Sam Club that can get more detailed stock info.

[quote name='mrclutch']If your going hunting for a PSP you could always pick up a PSN card so your trip isn't a toal waste. Thye usually have tehm a couple bucks off.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's what they want you to do ;). Hunt for clearance items, and when you don't find any you end up paying for non-clearance items so it won't be a waste lol.

[quote name='Yigytugd']Does anyone know how much it is to trade in my PSPgo at Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

probably $30-40. I will buy it for more. PM me.

For this price its the perfect thing for playing cheap PSn downloadable games, old PS1 downloads, and some of the not to shabby minis that you get for free via psn plus.

[quote name='leichstein']This sucks. I live about an hour and a half from beavercreek.[/QUOTE]

You live in Halo land or what? J/K Too bad there is no way to search a local store online via their website. If I find some i'll post and might even pick up a few..

Dang way to far to drive on a whim chance. Too bad, I'd try the out the PSPgo for that crazy price.

Where do you get a one day pass?

At this price, if you can find one, I see no reason not to get it. Even if you have almost no interest in the PSP's gaming library, this device is worth $30 as a portable media player.

Not sure if this kind of talk is allowed here, but because of it's compact design and internal 16gb of storage, these things are PERFECT for emulators. I've got thousands of old games on mine.

Damn I would love one for $30 bucks but there's never any near NYC. I still use the launch day psp 1000 and I loved it but I feel like its too big.

Even though I think the Go is pointless... I'd buy one for $30 to to hookup to my TV and use a Dualshock to play my ripped UMDs like a console.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Even though I think the Go is pointless... I'd buy one for $30 to to hookup to my TV and use a Dualshock to play my ripped UMDs like a console.[/QUOTE]

Huh, that sounds fairly useful for something that's "pointless" ;)

Just went into the Gainesville, FL Sam's and asked 3 different employees if they had it. The first told me they had one in stock but they couldn't find it. Apparently it had been pulled for liquidation on Monday.

bread's done
Back