- - - - -

Hori Real Arcade Pro V3 SA 109.88 SamsClub.com

#1 Ragnorok64   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1287 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Ragnorok64

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

I stumbled on this. http://50.18.54.93/p...tId=prod5420155 while looking for the 360 version. It stated that shipping is included in that amount.

Edited by Ragnorok64, 27 January 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#2 blankempathy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   152 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

blankempathy

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

Just bought the ps3 version myself off newegg open box for 70 bucks. I love it, plugged it straight into my pc to test it didnt have to change any buttons when i played sfiv.

#3 EdgeZephyr   Gear Messiah CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

EdgeZephyr

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

If I recall correctly (seconded through an Amazon review), the V3 SAs are using Sanwa parts. That makes it quite a deal for a fairly solid PS3 stick with good quality parts.

Only concern here is that I don't think they support common ground and dual-modding, so you may want to look elsewhere if you have that in mind.

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#4 xeroblade   Hadouken! CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

this is very tempting

anyone know how to get pass the %10 guest fee?

#5 Ragnorok64   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1287 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Ragnorok64

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

If I recall correctly (seconded through an Amazon review), the V3 SAs are using Sanwa parts. That makes it quite a deal for a fairly solid PS3 stick with good quality parts.

Only concern here is that I don't think they support common ground and dual-modding, so you may want to look elsewhere if you have that in mind.

To my knowledge the HRAP that didn't support dual modding is the EX:SE. I've seen enough modded VX/V3 sticks floating around on SRK to believe these can't be dual modded.

#6 luan87us   I am cheap! CAGiversary!   1839 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

I have this stick and it is dual modded using ImpV2 with brawlpad pcb. Works perfectly. Just a little more complicated to dual mod a ps3 stick and there isn't much room inside the stick so you need to be smart about where the pcb goes. I love this stick. people doesn't like it because they can't rest their wrists on the stick but I think it fits me perfectly lol. I personally think the HOri stick was designed for asian people lol cuz it fits asian's hands very well haha.

#7 EdgeZephyr   Gear Messiah CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

EdgeZephyr

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

To my knowledge the HRAP that didn't support dual modding is the EX:SE. I've seen enough modded VX/V3 sticks floating around on SRK to believe these can't be dual modded.

I have this stick and it is dual modded using ImpV2 with brawlpad pcb. Works perfectly. Just a little more complicated to dual mod a ps3 stick and there isn't much room inside the stick so you need to be smart about where the pcb goes. I love this stick. people doesn't like it because they can't rest their wrists on the stick but I think it fits me perfectly lol. I personally think the HOri stick was designed for asian people lol cuz it fits asian's hands very well haha.

If that's the case then I'll happily stand corrected. =) I just remembered some of the HRAPS not supporting it (probably the EX-SE, since i'd been wanting that one but not without dual modding) and assumed it was a general thing.

Now if only the EX-SE was common ground. I love Seimitsu parts anyway, and modding an existing PCB to a Cthulhu is magnitudes easier than padhacking a 360 PCB. =P

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#8 luan87us   I am cheap! CAGiversary!   1839 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

If that's the case then I'll happily stand corrected. =) I just remembered some of the HRAPS not supporting it (probably the EX-SE, since i'd been wanting that one but not without dual modding) and assumed it was a general thing.

Now if only the EX-SE was common ground. I love Seimitsu parts anyway, and modding an existing PCB to a Cthulhu is magnitudes easier than padhacking a 360 PCB. =P

Yeah some hori sticks aren't easy to dual mod but not impossible. It will just take more work. Non common ground pcbs will need some extensive wiring lol. I personally recommend this stick if you like authentic arcade feeling because this stic basically replicate part of the arcade cabinet. Dual mod cost about $40 if you do it yourself.