Hori Real Arcade Pro V3 SA 109.88 SamsClub.com

Just bought the ps3 version myself off newegg open box for 70 bucks. I love it, plugged it straight into my pc to test it didnt have to change any buttons when i played sfiv.

If I recall correctly (seconded through an Amazon review), the V3 SAs are using Sanwa parts. That makes it quite a deal for a fairly solid PS3 stick with good quality parts.

Only concern here is that I don't think they support common ground and dual-modding, so you may want to look elsewhere if you have that in mind.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']If I recall correctly (seconded through an Amazon review), the V3 SAs are using Sanwa parts. That makes it quite a deal for a fairly solid PS3 stick with good quality parts.

Only concern here is that I don't think they support common ground and dual-modding, so you may want to look elsewhere if you have that in mind.[/QUOTE]To my knowledge the HRAP that didn't support dual modding is the EX:SE. I've seen enough modded VX/V3 sticks floating around on SRK to believe these can't be dual modded.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']If I recall correctly (seconded through an Amazon review), the V3 SAs are using Sanwa parts. That makes it quite a deal for a fairly solid PS3 stick with good quality parts.

Only concern here is that I don't think they support common ground and dual-modding, so you may want to look elsewhere if you have that in mind.[/QUOTE]

I have this stick and it is dual modded using ImpV2 with brawlpad pcb. Works perfectly. Just a little more complicated to dual mod a ps3 stick and there isn't much room inside the stick so you need to be smart about where the pcb goes. I love this stick. people doesn't like it because they can't rest their wrists on the stick but I think it fits me perfectly lol. I personally think the HOri stick was designed for asian people lol cuz it fits asian's hands very well haha.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']To my knowledge the HRAP that didn't support dual modding is the EX:SE. I've seen enough modded VX/V3 sticks floating around on SRK to believe these can't be dual modded.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='luan87us']I have this stick and it is dual modded using ImpV2 with brawlpad pcb. Works perfectly. Just a little more complicated to dual mod a ps3 stick and there isn't much room inside the stick so you need to be smart about where the pcb goes. I love this stick. people doesn't like it because they can't rest their wrists on the stick but I think it fits me perfectly lol. I personally think the HOri stick was designed for asian people lol cuz it fits asian's hands very well haha.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case then I'll happily stand corrected. =) I just remembered some of the HRAPS not supporting it (probably the EX-SE, since i'd been wanting that one but not without dual modding) and assumed it was a general thing.

Now if only the EX-SE was common ground. I love Seimitsu parts anyway, and modding an existing PCB to a Cthulhu is magnitudes easier than padhacking a 360 PCB. =P

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']If that's the case then I'll happily stand corrected. =) I just remembered some of the HRAPS not supporting it (probably the EX-SE, since i'd been wanting that one but not without dual modding) and assumed it was a general thing.

Now if only the EX-SE was common ground. I love Seimitsu parts anyway, and modding an existing PCB to a Cthulhu is magnitudes easier than padhacking a 360 PCB. =P[/QUOTE]

Yeah some hori sticks aren't easy to dual mod but not impossible. It will just take more work. Non common ground pcbs will need some extensive wiring lol. I personally recommend this stick if you like authentic arcade feeling because this stic basically replicate part of the arcade cabinet. Dual mod cost about $40 if you do it yourself.

bread's done
Back