Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (360/PS3) $44.99 at Newegg (TRU match)

Does newegg automatically modify pre order prices? I have an order with them already for the 12 dollars off deal a while back.

edit: Never mind looks like they just added a little lowest price guarantee note.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nightmare452']Ok, I'll reward Newegg for matching the price. Preordered a copy from them. Amazon, you snooze, you lose.

Thanks op!![/QUOTE]

Same here. I don't care about Amazon's pre-order bonus, and I like that Newegg has free shipping and no tax. And I'm pretty sure Newegg's shipping is significantly faster than Toys r' Us.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Submitted to Amazon. Not buying it from them but submitted anyway since there's a good chance they'll match this.[/QUOTE]

How do you submit to Amazon? I have a $50 gift card and would love to use it on this.

[quote name='kirthew']How do you submit to Amazon? I have a $50 gift card and would love to use it on this.[/QUOTE]
go to the KoA product page on Amazon for whichever version you want to submit the pm for. Scroll about 80% of the way down the page and look for a box that says "Feedback" (the box has a blue border and light blue background). Then in that box click the link where it says "tell us about a lower price"

[quote name='ShockandAww']go to the KoA product page on Amazon for whichever version you want to submit the pm for. Scroll about 80% of the way down the page and look for a box that says "Feedback" (the box has a blue border and light blue background). Then in that box click the link where it says "tell us about a lower price"[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Submitted :D

I liked the demo but I still wanna wait a bit after release. The price isn't really helping though and I am quite tempted to grab it at this price..

I was going to hold off - but the demo impressed me enough to just go for it. It's one of those games where if I didn't get it now, when it comes out I'll have that "itch" to get it - but will be forced to pay 60. I really wanted to hold off for sub $35, but I'm weak.

I am actually having a friend of mine get this for me at his Gamestop. It's the first new game I've bought at Gamestop in over a year. Only reason is because Curt Schilling and R.A. Salvatore are going to be there signing copies and I can't pass that chance up for a $15 savings.

Also, before anyone asks I am unsure at what Gamestop this is at, he called me while he was running around and never mentioned an actual location.

Have a couple questions.
Does Newegg charge when it ships and do all first run copies come with the Fate Touched Weapons or is that just a pre-order from other retailers? I tried the demo last night and it was pretty good.

Just tried to add one for 360 to my cart and got the following message: "Electronic Arts 014633098907 has been removed from shopping cart due to quantity limitation/insufficient stock. Some combo items might be affected by this."

Looks like they might be sold out for now.

[quote name='cobrakai83']Just tried to add one for 360 to my cart and got the following message: "Electronic Arts 014633098907 has been removed from shopping cart due to quantity limitation/insufficient stock. Some combo items might be affected by this."

Looks like they might be sold out for now.[/QUOTE]

Got mine pre-ordered just now for the 360.

[quote name='cobrakai83']Just tried to add one for 360 to my cart and got the following message: "Electronic Arts 014633098907 has been removed from shopping cart due to quantity limitation/insufficient stock. Some combo items might be affected by this."

Looks like they might be sold out for now.[/QUOTE]

That worries me a little. I had a bad experience with Newegg when Dark Souls came out due to something related to the publisher not supplying enough copies. I don't think this is the same thing, but I have been hesitant to pre-order from Newegg ever since, even though it was more than likely Namco's fault.

Argh, I've been holding on to the $20 DSPREORDER code and decided to finally try to use it for this. It won't let me though, says my order doesn't meet the coupon restrictions.

Oh well, I suppose Amalur can wait. Won't have time to play it for a while anyway.

[quote name='VaultDweller']this game will be $20 in 3 months[/QUOTE]

"....when you compare it (Reckoning) to the three popular fantasy RPGs of our time -- Skyrim, Dark Souls and Dragon Age -- Reckoning easily outclasses all of them in the gameplay department. The competition isn't even remotely close in any respect. "

Sounds like IGN is going to give this at least a 9 with this type of hype (worked for Dark Souls), which will drive sales and help it retain value, especially if other major sources feel the same.

Ordered from Newegg had 1 $40 Google Offer Code left and a few Customer Care Giftcard balances. Came out to like $2. Wanted the Amazon preorder bonus, but whatcha gonna do? Went for PS3 over 360.

[quote name='jr1016']Have a couple questions.
Does Newegg charge when it ships and do all first run copies come with the Fate Touched Weapons or is that just a pre-order from other retailers? I tried the demo last night and it was pretty good.[/QUOTE]
Newegg does not charge you until the item ships. As for the extra weapons, I'm not too sure; a quick Google search turned up this information:

"Are some of the pre-order promotions exclusive to specific retailers?

Yes, the Destinies Choice Pack is a GameStop exclusive Reckoning pre-order promotion, and the Ultimate Treasure Hunter Pack is an amazon.com exclusive Reckoning pre-order promotion.

The Fate-Touched Weapons Pack is available from multiple participating retailers, and is also included as part of the two aforementioned exclusive pre-order promotions."

I seen Wal-mart, Amazon, and Direct2Drive as part of the "participating retailers" but I'm not sure about Newegg.

Anyways, I don't trust Newegg's pre-order price guarantee, so I cancelled my old pre-order ($47.99) to save a couple dollars (yay, one more soft drink for lunch

[quote name='Midori Monkey']Meh, wish it was 45 for PC too. Tempted to just switch to an xbox copy now.[/QUOTE]

I ran the PC demo right next to the 360 demo (yes, I have 2 matching TVs in my den...my wife's a gamer too ;) ). Honestly, the difference is very minor on this one. It's higher res of course, and has a little more anti-aliasing, but that's pretty much it.

i already preordered this game with a code that dropped the price to about 48 dollars. will newegg automatically change the price to the 45 dollars that the game is now or will i have to cancel and resubmit my preorder?

[quote name='theoneone']i already preordered this game with a code that dropped the price to about 48 dollars. will newegg automatically change the price to the 45 dollars that the game is now or will i have to cancel and resubmit my preorder?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but you may as well cancel and re-order. You've got nothing to lose.

Used my Google Offers $20 for $40 code to preorder the 360 version. Thanks for the heads up, OP!

I'm guessing that Amazon isn't price matching because they are one of the places with pre-order goodies.

Not that those are by any means worth $15 but release date delivery does go a long way.

I'm gonna laugh/cry if this is like Two Worlds [the "Oblivion Killer"]. Several reasons I haven't pulled the trigger yet, including:

*It COULD suck, and $45 for a game that sucks is a fail.

*My epic backlog!

*Super popular - so it'll maintain for a bit, then nosedive in price due to so many copies, both new and used, being out there. It'll be cheaper quickly.

*They will possibly/probably release a GOTY version in a year with all kinds of DLC.

*I'm constantly calculating "Would it cost that much in the B2G2 or B2g1 sales?"

With all that being said, I'll probably end up pre-ordering the damn thing

I ordered the PS3 version. I really want it on the release day, but I couldn't bring myself to pay an extra $15 just to make sure I got it on the 7th at Gamestop. Hopefully, Newegg will come through and I'll still get it then.

Newegg seems to guarantee 3 day shipping - so we should at least have it by that Friday (hopefully). They always seem to ship from New Jersey so if you're in New England there's a good chance you'll get it sooner.

[quote name='new1']I couldnt decide between ps3 or xbox360 : /[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's a tough one.

I went with PS3 because they've stated that in the final code the framerate is capped so the wild swings and dips are gone. (IGN review is being done on PS3 by the way and there's an extensive review in progress write-up...not a big fan of IGN but still)

The 360 demo version uses a ton of post-processing which I can't stand and it also appears to be running in a lower resolution but the developers have yet to comment on either of those. *shrug*

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Yeah that's a tough one.

I went with PS3 because they've stated that in the final code the framerate is capped so the wild swings and dips are gone. (IGN review is being done on PS3 by the way and there's an extensive review in progress write-up...not a big fan of IGN but still)

The 360 demo version uses a ton of post-processing which I can't stand and it also appears to be running in a lower resolution but the developers have yet to comment on either of those. *shrug*[/QUOTE]

Totally I preordered both for now and will wait for the debate on friday to see which version to go for....

[quote name='new1']I couldn't decide between ps3 or xbox360 [/QUOTE]

When there isn't a technical or price difference I always go achievements over trophies but it's really personal preference.

if you bought that google offer for Newegg a month back or so and havent used it yet, you could get it for $25. which is pretty good I'd say. especially since it expires on Feb 26th, which is coming up.

Anyone know the likeliness of Amazon price-matching ? .99 cent shipping for release date delivery seems pretty damn nice. But with tax I'd rather wait a couple days and get it from newegg with the free 3 day shipping than pay 66 bucks total for release date delivery.

Might as well add that I submitted a lower price feedback on the Amazon page.

Well, I guess I'll preorder at both, Newegg and Amazon, and set an alarm for next sunday morning reminding me to cancel one of them. Last time I forgot to cancel the CoD and Skyrim preorders and they almost got shipped. Thank gawd for that "Your items are being ready to ship" email from Amazon.

Hoping for an Amazon PM, but they've been dropping the ball for about a year now. If they don't PM before release, I bet they'll have it on sale for $10 off, a week after the game releases. Like they had their sale for CoD, Skyrim, and Uncharted. /Lame Amazon.

bread's done
Back