Todd McFarlane's Spawn: The Animated Collection [4-DVD Steelbook] - $6.99 at Amazon

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon has the complete Animated Spawn collection for just $6.99. If that wasn't good enough, it comes in a snazzy looking Steelbook. This has all 18 episodes from the series on 4 discs, plus extras like commentaries. I think it might also come with a comic too (based on user image at amazon)...edit: It does! See unboxing vid in 2nd post

edit2: YMMV on the comic. One person has received one with their order, but another has not.

LINK

af7f808a8da00e95336d7110.L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i picked it up for this price around X-mas time... still haven't watched it. i should. the steel book is nice.

Great Deal....I haven't bought a DVD in a long time but I may change that because of this, the case looks really sweet! Thanks for posting this OP!

Spawn has turned to shit lately and so has McFarlane, but I'll still show my support because I care about the franchise almost as much as Todd cares about his little baseballs.

Thank god I bumped into t4his thread! I always wanted the animated series of spawn, and for $7 I had to get it. Now if only The Maxx was on sale I would be completely satisfied!

I'm definitely in for one. Thanks OP. I recently had to rebuild my computer, install Windows 7 so I lost the episodes I had. This will make up for that. I had some credit from my recent trade in, but I want to keep that for a video game or something in the future. Should be here Tuesday!

It's a shame this series never got a proper ending...but for the price went ahead and ordered one to replace my old copies.

Awesome series! To this day one of my favorites. I still have my copy I bought on release to replace the original DVDs (the old dvds were two sided and this set has way better picture and sound, plus more extras I believe).

[quote name='Mixer236']Never saw this, but for $7 I'll give it a shot. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

It's an amazing series very true to the source material

If I remember correctly, the mini issue #1 was a Best Buy exclusive. However its possible this reseller purchased BBs extra stock.

Still have my sealed copy from release day with the comic.

[quote name='joshnorm']It's an amazing series very true to the source material[/QUOTE]

I second that statement. This is basically a great M rated "anime". It has great story telling, excellent setting, amazing characters, violence, gore, foul language ("Get with the fuck program!") a little bit of nudity (lol), and a plot which makes everything come just right. $7 is well worth it!

I do agree with CAG 79 that they should have at least ended the series with a proper ending. That's the one thing that really sucked.

Sweet deal, thanks for posting OP! I already have the individual DVDs, but I'm a big Spawn fan and for $7 it's hard to pass. :)

Thanks! I used to watch this show when it was on HBO back in the 90's, but I never did get around to picking up the DVDs. Can't pass on such an amazing deal.

Thanks OP! I collected the comics when the series first started and have one of the figures in my office at work. I've never seen the animated series, but based on the positive reviews, sounds like I'll definitely get my money's worth out of this set :cool:

[quote name='joshnorm']It's an amazing series very true to the source material[/QUOTE]
It surpasses the source material in everyway. It actually gives the character of Al Simmons and some kind of motive compared to the comic, which was him just wanting nonstop revenge. Biggest problem was right it was going to lead the characters and story in a whole new perspective the story abruptly ends.

I remember watching this series on HBO when it came out, great translation from the comics. This was an automatic buy once I saw the deal. Thanks, OP.

I'm fairly indifferent to Spawn but the price is too good to pass up and the steel book is nice. And most importantly the worth of mouth makes it seem like a show well worth checking out. Thanks OP!

I bit too, I love Spawn and I've only seen the first few episodes of the first season. I can now get rid of the two volumes I have of it on vhs :)

[quote name='Jake_Jenova']I bit too, I love Spawn and I've only seen the first few episodes of the first season. I can now get rid of the two volumes I have of it on vhs :)[/QUOTE]

Man, those were the days. Lol, I used to watch this series on HBO as well.

bread's done
Back