Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D $39.99 plus $10 credit FS Amazon

Considering I haven't yet played the rerelease on my mgs:hd collection yet, I'm gonna hold off on mgs on a small screen

Weird choice by konami to have both ports so close to each other

Great game, not a great price. You can get the HD collection for $40 most places now. I don't think the 3D is worth it in this case.

[quote name='luettke10']Could have been posted in the amazon credit deals thread.[/QUOTE]

I could have.. but more people would see it here... and thats what it's all about.

[quote name='luettke10']Could have been posted in the amazon credit deals thread.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kevgret']I could have.. but more people would see it here... and thats what it's all about.[/QUOTE]

Yeah exactly. That amazon thread is pretty worthless. I'm not sure why it is even sticked. Case in point:

Last edited by shrike4242; 11-11-2011 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: added MW3, removed old deals

The op hasn't been updated in over eight weeks.

Besides in recent memory almost alll new release games with Amazon credit get their own thread

For what it's worth, the HD port is a straight up port gameplay wise, while the 3DS version was adjusted with Peace Walker controls (ie, not MGS1-3 style controls).

I love metal gear ! That being said the hd collection has this game and two other metal gear games remastered for the same price (its been lower recently as well) making this 3ds port a waste of money if you ask me

[quote name='kevgret']I could have.. but more people would see it here... and thats what it's all about.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the post. I canceled my preorder last year after I played the demo and the controls made it unplayable. Hopefully they fixed it with the delay, I'll probably preorder if it pops in my gold box. Thanks again OP.

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah exactly. That amazon thread is pretty worthless. I'm not sure why it is even sticked. Case in point:

Last edited by shrike4242; 11-11-2011 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: added MW3, removed old deals

Besides in recent memory almost alll new release games with Amazon credit get their own thread[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I actually prefer the games get their separate threads like how it was in the past. The Amazon credit thread hasn't been updated in a long time. Thanks OP!!!

[quote name='strait edge follower']I love metal gear ! That being said the hd collection has this game and two other metal gear games remastered for the same price (its been lower recently as well) making this 3ds port a waste of money if you ask me[/QUOTE]

the MGS3 in the collection is a port. The 3DS version has the new control and other stuff.

I already had it preordered, but this news is icing on the cake. And I'm a huge MGS fan. Having MGS3 portable is worth a double dip from the HD collection. And its got new features, so double win.

hmmmmmm tempted but i think i'll just get the HD collection when it goes down in price.

but then again, i'm a huge MGS fan so i might get this too

For MGS fan its avg deal def if u have a 3DS and no Xbox/PS3, everyone else I would def wait till it hits $25 at least

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah exactly. That amazon thread is pretty worthless. I'm not sure why it is even sticked. Case in point:

Besides in recent memory almost alll new release games with Amazon credit get their own thread[/QUOTE]
That's BS. Go here - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/wikipost.php?do=history&t=238099 I've updated several times myself since then. The thread is very useful, imho.

I still appreciate any deal posted anywhere; So, thanks, OP!

[quote name='62t']the MGS3 in the collection is a port. The 3DS version has the new control and other stuff.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. This is a great deal considering I had it ordered anyway. Now I hope it sells good enough for Peacewalker to get a 3DS version! Those that hate just don't have a 3DS, or can't see 3d properly, more than likely.

lol... Out of the 43 post you have made you decided to be the thread police. I wish gargus was still around for this, at least he had purpose to be annoying!!!

Thanks OP!

I think it's funny how everyone is saying not to buy this because of the HD Collection being released, but they fail to factor in that this version (not a port, mind you) is on a PORTABLE console. Might want to consider that fact, people.

MGS3 is still my favorite game of all time, so I'll buy it no matter how many times they release it.

That being said, the 3D, extra features and portability make it worth the triple(quadruple?)-dip for me.

[quote name='SteveGo']I think it's funny how everyone is saying not to buy this because of the HD Collection being released, but they fail to factor in that this version (not a port, mind you) is on a PORTABLE console. Might want to consider that fact, people.[/QUOTE]

HD Collection is coming to Vita as well (and includes more games).

[quote name='Prismatico']HD Collection is coming to Vita as well (and includes more games).[/QUOTE]

I know they announced it for the vita but what do you mean by "more games"

[quote name='Namerson']I know they announced it for the vita but what do you mean by "more games"[/QUOTE]

It's basically the same as the PS3/360 version, so five games in total. I was comparing it to the 3DS version which is just one game. There isn't a release date yet but it's expected this year, as well as Z.O.E. HD Collection.

[quote name='Prismatico']HD Collection is coming to Vita as well (and includes more games).[/QUOTE]

I'd still rather have this one for the extra features. I've got the HD collection once, no need to buy that yet again for no reason. Unless there's another LE, of course. Then I'd be forced. ;)

[quote name='Mixer236']I'd still rather have this one for the extra features. I've got the HD collection once, no need to buy that yet again for no reason. Unless there's another LE, of course. Then I'd be forced. ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh I know, I'm not getting it again either. I just thought it was worth mentioning that if portability is the main reason and perhaps you're someone that's getting or is interested in a Vita over (or in addition to) a 3DS then there is that collection expected sometime this year.

[quote name='KornKid91']In case anyone was wondering the graphical difference between the HD and 3D version here's a comparison picture.

http://www.gonintendo.com/content/uploads/images/2012_1/mgs3_comparison_by_sirtobbii-d4nzgaa.jpg

The 3DS version looks better in my opinion. I was planning on getting the HD collection, but I think I'm going to get the 3DS version now. Also Kojima said that he might release MGS 2 on 3DS.[/QUOTE]

They touched up character models, but sacrificed other elements in order to do so. Basically, if you care more about how the people look you'll be happier, but if you enjoyed the environments before or were looking forward to nice looking jungles you might be really disappointed if you don't care about the 3D functionality.

http://i.imgur.com/ZTMwI.jpg

[quote name='Prismatico']They touched up character models, but sacrificed other elements in order to do so. Basically, if you care more about how the people look you'll be happier, but if you enjoyed the environments before or were looking forward to nice looking jungles you might be really disappointed if you don't care about the 3D functionality.

http://i.imgur.com/ZTMwI.jpg[/QUOTE]

That's a fairly old picture actually- they released that before a lot of the improvements were made. If you look at the brick wall to the right, it looks like it is in the process of being retextured- the bricks on the left edge look very crisp and are colored differently than the rest of the wall (which is s blurry mess).

[quote name='Tygamr']That's a fairly old picture actually- they released that before a lot of the improvements were made. If you look at the brick wall to the right, it looks like it is in the process of being retextured- the bricks on the left edge look very crisp and are colored differently than the rest of the wall (which is s blurry mess).[/QUOTE]

This is more recent and looks a little better: http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/art...olid-3d-snake-eater-20120124035955307-000.jpg

Either way, I'm not saying don't get it since it'll still mostly be the same fun game with some neat extra features and visual flair (3D). Just don't expect everything to be improved on the same level of what was done to faces.

It's a Wiki so that date/time stamp means nothing. The thread is up-to-date.
However, I'm happy to see all the games get their individual thread as well.

bread's done
Back