Kinect TV mount $7.89

Would anyone mind linking to a picture with this item in use? I took a small hardwood sample, painted it black, cut it to nice proportions, and wedged that and a clear piece of Plexiglass type plastic to make a kinect stand. It sounds crude, but it's fairly classy when done right. I'm just wondering if this would be a cleaner look w/ my 60" Kuro.

Google images, at least for the words i'm searching, doesn't give me any good pictures.

[quote name='RainFall']Would anyone mind linking to a picture with this item in use? I took a small hardwood sample, painted it black, cut it to nice proportions, and wedged that and a clear piece of Plexiglass type plastic to make a kinect stand. It sounds crude, but it's fairly classy when done right. I'm just wondering if this would be a cleaner look w/ my 60" Kuro.

Google images, at least for the words i'm searching, doesn't give me any good pictures.[/QUOTE]

It appears to work much like the Logitech C910 webcam.
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...t=82&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:82&tx=78&ty=88

i got a kinect mount for my TV from 5 Below for $5...works very well and have had no issues since i got it

5 Below's are located throughout Delaware and PA

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i got a kinect mount for my TV from 5 Below for $5...works very well and have had no issues since i got it

5 Below's are located throughout Delaware and PA[/QUOTE]

Likewise I have the Kinect Stand from Five Below. My only beef is that the Kinect is wedged in there good and tight and feels like it would now be difficult to remove. But other than that, it's mounted very securely to the top of my TV. Best 5 bucks I ever spent.

I have this and it works great, i wish the front part was a little bigger since my tv kind of dips in a big on the edges, but it still works.

I was thinking that the bag hinge was spring loaded and it'd hold it that way, but it actually clicks to certain positions and will stay wherever you click it to. either way it still works great and doesn't look bad at all. very sturdy.

[quote name='gunstar808']Hmm, I'm thinking about getting this wall mount. But my TV sits a few feet forward from the wall, would this make it weird for the Kinect? I would have to mount it kind of high to get a good angle.[/QUOTE]

I have that one and my TV is almost 4 inches from the wall and it worked out nicely. Just try a couple different positions before you start drilling holes.

This looks identical to the one made by PDP, which looks like it isn't available any more. Anyway, this looks identically and I really like the PDP one. Simple, cheap and works well. Hopefully this one really is identical.

Hey guys, I need some opinions.
I was just thinking about buying one of these but I am curious, how hard are they to get on and off your TV? or how hard are they to get your kinect in and out of? Does it hinder your kinect from moving up and down at all? I know I want one, just not sure if one is better then the others.

Any input is appreciated so I can go ahead and get it ordered. Thanks guys.

[quote name='LydieCakes']how hard are they to get on and off your TV? or how hard are they to get your kinect in and out of? Does it hinder your kinect from moving up and down at all?[/QUOTE]

Super easy to get on and off the TV, it just rests on top of it. Kinect should come off it pretty easy, but it's not something I do regularly, so I'm not certain. And no, it does not hinder the vertical movement of the Kinect.

Excellent, then I am certainly picking one up. I tend to move my stuff around a lot so I needed something that would be able to move around easily with me. Thanks so much for the input and I am making my order now.

Thanks again CAG members.

bread's done
Back