- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/29/12 to 2/4/12)

#271 daemissary   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

daemissary

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:01 AM

Wow, look at Target coming through with the best deal on FF XIII-2...hope they keep it up.

#272 Link927   Work In Progress CAGiversary!   3803 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:33 AM

I just saw the ad for the $20 gcs today at Target. Probably the best place to pick up SCV.

Nothing to see here, move along!

#273 klimb22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2284 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

Is Best Buy going to have a midnight opening for SCV?

Also, does anyone have a link to their trade-in prices for games? I'm thinking of dropping off a couple of games to put toward SCV, to take advantage of that 40% offer.

http://www.bestbuytr...VideoGames.cfm#

#274 SOLDIER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

Thanks.

One more question, if I were to get the game at Target for the $20 coupon, could I immediately use the coupon on FFXIII-2? Or is there a 24 hour restriction on the coupon or something?

#275 Dwarfman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   347 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:16 AM

Thanks.

One more question, if I were to get the game at Target for the $20 coupon, could I immediately use the coupon on FFXIII-2? Or is there a 24 hour restriction on the coupon or something?

You can you use it right after you buy it. After the transaction it is active and is ready to be used.

#276 SOLDIER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:26 AM

Okay.

Very last question: Does anyone know if the Best Buy DLC character will be included in the game itself, or printed on the receipt?

Also, is he included with EVERY order, or only for pre-orders?

Edit: I placed the order on Best Buy, but it did not give me the option to pick it up at the store, which I want to do tomorrow.

So will I only get Dampierre if I wait for the game to arrive in the mail, or can I still nab him at the store?

Edited by SOLDIER, 31 January 2012 - 05:01 AM.

#277 shadowrage   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1032 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

shadowrage

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:46 AM

Okay.

Very last question: Does anyone know if the Best Buy DLC character will be included in the game itself, or printed on the receipt?

Edit: I placed the order on Best Buy, but it did not give me the option to pick it up at the store, which I want to do tomorrow.

So will I only get Dampierre if I wait for the game to arrive in the mail, or can I still nab him at the store?

You should get an email with the code the day the game ships out, but then again it could be packed in with the game so you would have to wait.
Last year BB used a different delivery method for every bonus for every game, seriously - email, receipt, pack in, phone, carrier pigeon.

Don't know if I should wait on FF and SC or get them at Target with gift cards, I would use the first GC on the other game and use the second GC to get Drive. Would be so much easier if BB would PM these deals.

#278 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2530 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago   Has been playing World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

Thanks.

Last year the guy at electronic actually applied the GC to the SAME purchase for me. That was pretty cool of him. I had to ask him if he could do it though.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#279 MildObstruction   the artist formerly known as pete not pete CAGiversary!   10492 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Okay.

I believe the code is in the case this time around, so you could pick up a copy today with the code.

MildObstruction.png

#280 buster90   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

I have a question. I have a $40 giftcard to Target I got for X-mas. Can I use this towards the purchase for Final Fantasy and get te $20 giftcard in return as well?

#281 plutoknight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   809 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

plutoknight

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

I think this was in the thread earlier, but the chance of Best buy price-matching the $20 GC from Target (in any form whatsoever) is a YMMV at best, right?

I ask because I'm kinda stuck with a BB Pre-order for FF13-2.

#282 shadowkast   Lowball Ban Lowball Ban   4980 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadowkast

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

I think this was in the thread earlier, but the chance of Best buy price-matching the $20 GC from Target (in any form whatsoever) is a YMMV at best, right?

I ask because I'm kinda stuck with a BB Pre-order for FF13-2.

I'm gonna try to get best buy to match. I'll tell then straight up if they don't match I'll keep the book, return the game and go next door and get it. I'm just gonna be honest, not a Dick though

#283 MildObstruction   the artist formerly known as pete not pete CAGiversary!   10492 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

had no issues picking up SCV (:360: and :ps3:) at target with preorder cards. $122 after tax and red card with $50 in gift cards. it would be stellar if Target would keep these sorts of deals up, but history tells me that's probably not in the cards.

MildObstruction.png

#284 shadowrage   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1032 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

shadowrage

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

not in the cards.

I see what ya did there.

#285 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1794 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

Wish getting the SC5 price match at Best Buy wasn't YMMV. I'm driving an hour into Columbia tonight and there are like 5 Best Buys there. I also have terrible luck.
So I don't want to drive all over the place up there only to get shot down and have a sad ride home.

#286 Jiggaloj   Navigator CAGiversary!   538 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

I have a question. I have a $40 giftcard to Target I got for X-mas. Can I use this towards the purchase for Final Fantasy and get te $20 giftcard in return as well?

I don't see why not.
----
Posted Image

#287 joaryche   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

does target have the collector's edition with the gift card?

#288 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8184 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

definitely

no restrictions instantly available

Anyone found a great value for the best buy used game purchase to become unlocked? I browsed the $20-$29 on the site for ps3 and was a bit disappointed.

several-battlefield 3 $40 & MW3 $45 before discounts
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=308540

#289 Shaimun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:55 PM

Went to Target today and bought SC5 and FF13-2. After I got the 20$ gc for buying one, I instantly applied the gc to get the other game and got another 20$ gc.

#290 shadowkast   Lowball Ban Lowball Ban   4980 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadowkast

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:22 AM

Couldn't get best buy to match targets final fantasy deal. Bought it at the game department, took off the plastic, kept the book and returned the game up front. Told the guy I was gonna do this and he said he understood

#291 htz  

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

Couldn't get best buy to match targets final fantasy deal. Bought it at the game department, took off the plastic, kept the book and returned the game up front. Told the guy I was gonna do this and he said he understood

Was the game inside the slipcover separately factory sealed? I went to best buy today and it look like it was not sealed, so when returning it they would say the game was already opened and not accept it back. I guess you got lucky cause you did it in store and the best buy rep allowed you to keep the book.

Anyways I got the free GZ unlocked subscription along with Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D for $29.99. Game was complete with everything and looked like new.

#292 Kanokare   SOTDgaming CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Kanokare

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:57 AM

Blasted YMMV! Not to brag, but to counter post, I was able to price match Target at Best Buy. Instead of giving me a gift card, they just cut off 20 dollars so I bought the game for 40.

#293 sergioalb64   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

sergioalb64

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

Question about Target and points cards:

Has Target ever done a 10% off video game points cards or some similar sale / discount? Just wondering, because I have employee discount and I feel like stacking up on PSN points for Vita games, but if there might be a sale, even in quite a while, I would rather wait and get more discount.
[=[_]=]
[+[_]+]
sergioalb64
The #1 DS Fan

#294 MildObstruction   the artist formerly known as pete not pete CAGiversary!   10492 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

Question about Target and points cards:

Has Target ever done a 10% off video game points cards or some similar sale / discount? Just wondering, because I have employee discount and I feel like stacking up on PSN points for Vita games, but if there might be a sale, even in quite a while, I would rather wait and get more discount.

It's pretty rare at Target, usually closer to the holidays. One time recently they had $1 off psn cards or something weird like that. Seems like tru is more inclined to do point card sales.

MildObstruction.png

#295 sergioalb64   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

sergioalb64

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:28 AM

It's pretty rare at Target, usually closer to the holidays. One time recently they had $1 off psn cards or something weird like that. Seems like tru is more inclined to do point card sales.

Thanks for the info. Why, oh why did I buy so little PSN cards at TRU that one time recently...
[=[_]=]
[+[_]+]
sergioalb64
The #1 DS Fan

#296 Versafied   Formerly known as vlv723 CAGiversary!   2758 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:40 AM

Gonna go to Target tomorrow to pick FFXIII-2 and SCIV up. Guess it doesn't matter what system I pick it up for right?

#297 shadowkast   Lowball Ban Lowball Ban   4980 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

shadowkast

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:18 AM

Was the game inside the slipcover separately factory sealed? I went to best buy today and it look like it was not sealed, so when returning it they would say the game was already opened and not accept it back. I guess you got lucky cause you did it in store and the best buy rep allowed you to keep the book.

Anyways I got the free GZ unlocked subscription along with Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D for $29.99. Game was complete with everything and looked like new.

Yes the game itself has the usual y-fold seal. The book is pretty lame but I had to have it (but I had to get that $20 gift card one way or another too)

#298 icewolf74   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

icewolf74

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:30 PM

Gonna go to Target tomorrow to pick FFXIII-2 and SCIV up. Guess it doesn't matter what system I pick it up for right?

I think you mean, SCV, right? ;)

#299 Versafied   Formerly known as vlv723 CAGiversary!   2758 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

I think you mean, SCV, right? ;)

Haha yeah. I was half-awake last night. :D

#300 Sendoh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

I am just wondering so you can get the hardcover book then return the game to bestbuy?