Amazon.com Enslaved ps3 $8.63 w/ free standard shipping

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
Amazon.com Enslaved ps3 $8.63 w/ free standard shipping
(No prime or free super saver shipping necessary)
http://www.amazon.com/Enslaved-Odyssey-West-Playstation-3/dp/B00319DX4M

For those interested in the Xbox version, unknownshadowz wrote:
Xbox 360 version:
http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/USEDEnslaved-Odyssey-to-the-West/sku/282447093.uts
*plus the coupon code BOOMSHAKALAKA* makes it $7.84 USED (shipping cost included)

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the holidays both Xbox and PS3 versions were available for $8.74 but $10 is as good. Excellent game with some of the best vistas and good engaging story. Combat is simple and not too versatile but I actually enjoyed it as it allowed me to concentrate on the journey and not on enemies. Getting platinum trophy or 1000 points can be somewhat difficult as it requires to collect all orbes, scattered around multiple levels and this can be a drag. Game has some character progress which is transitioned to second game and you need 2 go throughs to max out your character, so there is some replay value.
There is also very good DLC available on both platforms that provides a bit different take on the game. And on PS3 there is 3D patch that provides virtually no benefit as 3D is not very good and resolution suffers.

[quote name='cheapfrag']The XBOX version is available USED from Best Buy for $4.99... or $4.49 with GCU.[/QUOTE]this, both versions could've been scored for less than $5 if purchased during their recent used game deals
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308540

[quote name='juanawoman']You think it will ever go lower?[/QUOTE]has been avail for $5 new/used various times throughout the last 4 months of 2011. Still can be had for $5 or less depending on the deal/store when combined with b2g1 & clearance deals.

I really liked this game except for the stupid ending that resolved nothing.

I know paying more for DLC than the actual game is heresy but the Piggsy DLC is really good if you liked the game.

This has been a underrated game, with engaging story that is (loosely) based on classic Chinese literature. Got this when it was $8 on BF.

playing the demo when it first came out I thought this game would plummet to $5 almost instantly, and I was right.

On rails platforming? maybe the demo didn't show me enough but the combat had less variety than the first god of war.

forcing a player to play through a game twice and collect stupid "orbs" is not replayability. Replayability is when a game is engaging and exciting enough to make you desire to play through it again, even after doing everything.

Such as after getting the platinum in borderlands I went through again with a new char. After getting the platinum in MAG I went ahead and got max level again a few times.

The second I got transformers: Dark of the moon platinum I threw it into its case and in a box to amazon trade in.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I really liked this game except for the stupid ending that resolved nothing.
[/QUOTE]

I liked this thread until a stupid poster felt the need to spoil the expectation of an ending for everyone.

[quote name='scottman']I liked this thread until a stupid poster felt the need to spoil the expectation of an ending for everyone.[/QUOTE]

I thought the ending was excellent and it most definitely resolved the story presented in the game.

I was never able to finish this game. 2 different disc always glitches and froze on the last level! Still enjoyed it tho

This game was one of my favorites I played last year... maybe the favorite. What a pleasant surprise for a game that dropped in price so fast. The voice acting and writing is top notch, and it's visually stunning at times. Such a beautiful game.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']playing the demo when it first came out I thought this game would plummet to $5 almost instantly, and I was right.

On rails platforming? maybe the demo didn't show me enough but the combat had less variety than the first god of war.

forcing a player to play through a game twice and collect stupid "orbs" is not replayability. Replayability is when a game is engaging and exciting enough to make you desire to play through it again, even after doing everything.

Such as after getting the platinum in borderlands I went through again with a new char. After getting the platinum in MAG I went ahead and got max level again a few times.

The second I got transformers: Dark of the moon platinum I threw it into its case and in a box to amazon trade in.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't force you to play through twice to collect orbs, the orbs have a purpose and that is to unlock upgrades. It's not a platformer or a God of War hack an slash, it's more of a cinematic adventure and does a fine job at what it is. It's like a much more enjoyable version of Princo of Persia 2008.

It is not the deepest or most complex game, but it offers a nice change of pace if you're in a mood for something different.

I found the game charming enough that I am ready for a second playthrough and many of the achievements are very satisfying to get.

be it $5 or $10, this game is:

worth it

worth it

and more worth it.

[quote name='neuropunk']terrible terrible game[/QUOTE]

yep the ending was a complete letdown the only positive to it were the fashbacks. the chick you have to tote around is a fucking bitch.

[quote name='birus']drops again to $8.63 w/free standard shipping[/QUOTE]

do you think the price will go lower again?

i can't imagine it going lower than $8 especially considering they are offering free shipping for a single item. imho this is now as good a deal as the crazy best buy outlet deals.

Thanks, I'll gladly add it back to my collection for this price. Dunno what everyone in this thread seems to have against it, but most people I talk to / hear talk about it on podcasts / etc. seemed to really enjoy this game. I never played the DLC, so I'll have to grab that & give it a go. :)

This was one of the best games I played last year on the 360. Im gonna bite and buy it for the ps3. thanks for the post.

Well, I picked it up more-or-less sight unseen. Once I started playing and realized I would be enslaved to a redhead for what is probably the entire game, and having already dodged that bullet IRL (my ex-fiancee is a redhead), I decided I just can't play this game. It hits too close to home.... :)

Bought it at the 9.63 price... does a price adjustment happen automatically, or do you have to contact amazon to get the difference?

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']If you still haven't bought this, then now is the time. This is an awesome game at an awesome price.[/QUOTE]

Came in here to say this.

sometimes amazon is a pain about price adjustment. last i checked, they do not offer such a policy.

the customer service rep suggested i return rebuy. instead of just giving me the difference theyd rather spend their extra money on shipping labels. wtf?

[quote name='Ellahjay88']Great deal. I had to bite on this deal. $8 with free shipping? Can't beat that. I've had my eye on this game a while now :D[/QUOTE]

Same here.

It just kept dropping and dropping... when I first saw this thread it was ~$8.80, I promised my cheap ass I'd bite if it hit 8 bucks even.

Close enough I guess. :D

By any chance do any of you CAGers know how long this deal will last? Unfortunately I am waiting for a gift card from Amazon to arrive....

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']Annoying graphical hiccups aside, th is a great game with great characters and amazing art direction. Get it people![/QUOTE]

I totally agree ! The game really made it feel like it was you against the world during an epic adventure. My only gripes with the game are the graphical problems you mentioned and the bad ending but other than those things you must buy this game people ! Don't let the simplistic gameplay steer you away from this gem. Oh and btw the 360 version is 5$ used (4.50 with unlocked card) at bestbuy if you wanna save a few more bucks :)

bread's done
Back