The Official CAG February 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BEWM SHAWKA LAWKA

janva.jpg

DSC01482.jpg

NTSC-J Region 360. Now to get some games for it. :D

DSC01483.jpg

The Transformers Cybertron is a spare. So up for trade. Kinda rare but not too valuable. Got all the other games on the cheap/with credit. No cash out of pocket for any of this. :D

DSC01486.jpg

Got Duke for $12 out of pocket. I will pay that price for it. Pure collectors piece.

DSC01487.jpg

Almost all paid with credit. My gamestop didn't do midnight, so instead of waiting I went to Wal-Mart to get a regular copy with the poster inside. Still waiting on my BB copy with the Novella, my G1 & G2 steelbooks as well as the Crystal Edition from the UK. :D I have all the pre-order DLC too (granted it all pretty much sucks).

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0165.jpg

Spawn: Animated Collection - $6.99
Drive - $14.99

Also forgot to make note I got a "good" condition 4GB 360 from Amazon Warehouse for $129.99 as well. Missing box and controller batteries, but seems unplayed.

[quote name='AugustAPC']o_o

why?[/QUOTE]

Cuz:

1) I wanted to. I loved FFXIII and nobody can say anything to change my mind. And so far XIII-2 is absolutely amazing.
2) I am able to (financially speaking)
3) I wanted every single pre-order bonus.
4) Videogame collecting is right under sports in terms of favorite hobbies.
5) More rhetorical than anything (not a slight against you or anything).... but why does everyone care so fucking much?

Funny thing is I have 2 more things coming in. The G1 & G2 steelbooks, a Best Buy version with the Novella, and a Crystal Edition on PS3 to complement my FFXIII CE. :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Cuz:

1) I wanted to.
5) More rhetorical than anything (not a slight against you or anything).... but why does everyone care so fucking much?

Funny thing is I have 2 more things coming in. The G1 & G2 steelbooks, a Best Buy version with the Novella, and a Crystal Edition on PS3 to complement my FFXIII CE. :D[/QUOTE]

Are you also getting the Asian version which has Japanese dub? or the Taiwan only CE?

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/02/only-taiwan-gets-this-final-fantasy-xiii-2-bundle/

1) I wanted to. I loved FFXIII and nobody can say anything to change my mind. And so far XIII-2 is absolutely amazing.

Funny thing is I have 2 more things coming in. The G1 & G2 steelbooks, a Best Buy version with the Novella, and a Crystal Edition on PS3 to complement my FFXIII CE. :D[/QUOTE]

I was merely curious as to why you chose to buy multiple collector's editions and guides.

For the record, I enjoyed FFXIII and have the CE of FFXII-2 as well.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I was merely curious as to why you chose to buy multiple collector's editions and guides.

For the record, I enjoyed FFXIII and have the CE of FFXII-2 as well.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if the tone came off assholeish. That was not my intent. Damn internetz :razz:

[quote name='Luxuria']:drool: So much Final Fantasy-ness.[/QUOTE]

It won't be stopping anytime soon...at least not for the next several months. ;P

Unfortunately I won't be getting to FFXIII-2 until I feel like I'm decent in SC:V. Totally maining Natsu. I'm looking forward to playing it, though.

You know, I think you will have me beat with FF XIII-2 stuff... we'll see :)

[quote name='wasabi5858']You know, I think you will have me beat with FF XIII-2 stuff... we'll see :)[/QUOTE]

Ooh a contest. :D

Did you get the Lightning Play Arts Kai fig yet wasabi? I think I am going to get one less game and snag that. I can't wait for the Serah one to come out in April.

Ordered and picked up:
:3ds: Pokemon Black ($20)
:3ds: Pokemon White ($20)
:3ds: Brain Age ($5)
:3ds: Brain Age 2 ($7)
:3ds: Chicken Shoot ($FREE$)

Hopefully tomorrow I'll pick up a new sealed 3DS tomorrow for $150 plus Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, & Soul Silver for $50 from a guy from Craigslist in a month. Tentively looking at getting a new 3DS and 10 games for $250 :cool:. Thank goodness I waited, ps I don't own any form of DS.

[quote name='theking20']RIP ZxT in the contest :p

picking up FF XIII-2 next week, hyped :D[/QUOTE]

oh it is still early and he has a g2 in his pocket :)

you will like xiii-2 when you pick it up. I haven't had much time to play but it is pretty damn awesome.

Ill take pics of mine tonight.
Can't wait for the Crystal version. Not as much stuff as wasabi and ZxT but I'm a big fan too.
Getting doubles of the Pre order stuff for the Crystal edition so may sell it to offset the crazy high price for it and the shipping but so worth it. Thx gosh for international fans.

I just want to get that poster and some more FF13/13-2 posters for my wall.
Also FF13-2 is awesome and I love it. Way better than FF13.

Here here to number 5. When I buy 2 copies of CE or special games people ask me why? I'm like cause I can and I want to. The collector in me screams for it.

I'm so pissed they made 2 different steelbooks.
May try and trade my ps3 for the 360 ones to match my other ones.

Got most of this stuff (actually mostly my gf) at an anime convention.

IMAG0456.jpg

giant Bomberman piggy bank, Mai from Kotobukiya, in front of Mai is an Akuma and Gimli Heroclix figs, and a Kyoko figure from Maison ikkoku.

IMAG0457.jpg

Persona 2 and 4 phone charms

IMAG0459.jpg

Plushes! Puyo Puyo 2 plushes and a Tonberry Chef. *cut cut*

IMAG0462.jpg

quite possibly the best find we have ever had. These are all Moebius comics with some Heavy Metal mags and some Barry Windsor-Smith. For those that don't know he has done concept art for Panzer Dragoon series, Alien, Little Nemo...list goes on and on. Found these at a little comic shop under the convention (everyone was looking for anime stuff so I come a creepin in getting the best deals on non anime stuff. haha). Anyway I paid $210 for the lot. Works itself out to about $4.25 per book...and each Moebius book goes for $30-$50 on eBay. #3 alone can reach up to $125+ on a good day. So I think I did okay there. :D

and to bring us back on the topic of games. I found this at a thrift store.
IMAG0460.jpg

that is a Playstation 1 SCPH 1001 with wireless controllers. The System plays CDs just fine but like many others with this system model have to flip the system upside down to play. =/ . I am not an audiophile so hopefully i will be able to fix this and flip it to someone who would better appreciate it.

Heres my stuff for the past month:
422341_10150529385475924_626475923_9032036_723789783_n.jpg

FF13-2 and Guide- Both from Amazon
Persona 3 UK LE- finally have all three- from a CAG
Solotrobo- from a CAG
The 3rd Birthday- $10 Gamestop
Fable 3 (S) $8 lowball
377774_10150487442410924_626475923_8911121_1466113010_n.jpg

406378_10150487443320924_626475923_8911125_726670158_n.jpg

These from a friend

so far, a PS3 month it's been!

f4982d16.jpg

That's my holy grail in the middle there! I'll be posting a blog in the next day or so featuring that, and how I got my copy. As for the Back to the Future...yeah...GS used sticker residue. I guess it just doesn't bug me as much as it does most.

Built this near the end of January
DSC00383.jpg

- Zalman Z9 Plus case
- Asus M4A87TD/USB3 mobo
- AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black edition
- Sapphire Radeon 6850
- 8GB G.Skill ram
- Thermaltake TR2 RX 650W
- Seagate 500GB HDD
- Samsung DVD writer
- Asus wireless card

Blus from Best Buy dvd trade-in promo and Final Fantasy
DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

and these came today
DSC00398.jpg

[quote name='wasabi5858']Of course! :)

IMG199.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thing is so sick. I'd love to get one, but I'm focusing on getting a set of Syco Collectible's Mortal Kombat statues. My Kitana should be coming in soon :D

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']uh, I thought NBA Elite was cancelled?[/QUOTE]

Hence why it's his "holy grail". A few were already shipped to the stores before they put the axe on it. It's worth quite a bit.

[quote name='Scorch']Hence why it's his "holy grail". A few were already shipped to the stores before they put the axe on it. It's worth quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

Oh for some reason I didn't read the text directly below the photo, lol.

definitely wasn't aware of that. look forward to that blog now

[quote name='Drclaw411']so far, a PS3 month it's been!
f4982d16.jpg
That's my holy grail in the middle there! I'll be posting a blog in the next day or so featuring that, and how I got my copy. As for the Back to the Future...yeah...GS used sticker residue. I guess it just doesn't bug me as much as it does most.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I could have dropped $1000 on that game like you did. I'll go out on a limb and say you won't have trouble recouping that if you wanted to 10 years from now.

Only got a chance to play Soul Calibur V so far which I'm really enjoying in short bursts. Might pick up Kingdoms of Amalur, but I'm definitely picking up Sydicate! Love that demo :D

That's awesome Vendetta so much Final Fantasy! But why no PS3 version to match that amazing Lightning PS3 you've got!? ;)

picks009.jpg

[quote name='NinjaPenguin7']Only got a chance to play Soul Calibur V so far which I'm really enjoying in short bursts. Might pick up Kingdoms of Amalur, but I'm definitely picking up Sydicate! Love that demo :D

That's awesome Vendetta so much Final Fantasy! But why no PS3 version to match that amazing Lightning PS3 you've got!? ;)

[/QUOTE]

My Crystal Edition that is on the way is PS3. :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']My Crystal Edition that is on the way is PS3. :D[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing, as I wanted my Crystal to be for my PS3.
Mine is in LA so hopefully should have it this week I hope.
I so can not wait.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I've somehow been doing great this month in terms of spending; just this so far.
[/QUOTE]

Conversely, I've been doing awful this month, not spending enough. =\

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I've somehow been doing great this month in terms of spending; just this so far.

2012-02-10_17-49-21_685.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Were you going to try to get McFarlane to sign it? I don't know of any conventions that he'll be at anytime soon, but I can find out if he's willing sign something that's sent to him. Can't help you with Ken Rolston, though.

I remember Sol Bianca kick-started my anime love back when Starz Action did Anime-August or whatever wayyy back in the early part of the millennium.

IMG_20120209_174129.jpg

Crappy picture, but here's the explanation:

I was doing price changes this morning, and something caught my eye. We carry a grand total of two (2!!!) TVs at OfficeMax. A 32" Toshiba (no idea on the model) and a 40" Toshiba 40E210U. These TVs are priced at $399 for the 32" and $599 for the 40". We had received two of each for Black Friday, but nobody was going to spend that much on those TVs. Wayyy overpriced.

Anyways, I see that the 32" dropped to $299. That's standard. But, the 40" ended up dropping to $349. Now, I did some research on my lunch and breaks. Found out it's a pretty decent TV for $400. Kinda crappy speakers, only two HDMI ports... So, I figured, I have the money, I need a TV eventually... After tax and my discount, it will come out to be right around $350. So, I did it. I'm very satisfied with the TV, especially for the price.

picture.php

Copy #4 of XIII-2 (yes I know overboard). One more copy pending in (Crystal Edition on :ps3:). Darkness II was a belated birthday gift from my sister. Got both Naughty Bear & NFS with credit. And used a $10 off PUR coupon at GS to get the pts cards for $20 instead of $30.

picture.php

So glad my friend and I ordered copies of this. Can't wait to bust it out and start playing after FFXIII-2 is done. :D

^^^^^Does that FF13-2 have a slipcover? Or is that the novella book?

Finally got this bad boy today. Well worth the $200 price tag.
417160_10150545650610924_626475923_9076420_1151408196_n.jpg

400312_10150545650990924_626475923_9076422_1641059784_n.jpg

427695_10150545651175924_626475923_9076423_1540569179_n.jpg

Got the extra pre order pak cause of the dented slipcase.
Will sell to recoup the cost.
I will get the Lightning Lenticular framed and I already sealed the shirt as there is no way I can fit it.

[quote name='adriley313']^^^^^Does that FF13-2 have a slipcover? Or is that the novella book?

Finally got this bad boy today. Well worth the $200 price tag.

Got the extra pre order pak cause of the dented slipcase.
Will sell to recoup the cost.
I will get the Lightning Lenticular framed and I already sealed the shirt as there is no way I can fit it.[/QUOTE]

That is how BB packaged the Novella. The game and book are in a bigger sized box.

Nice on the Crystal. I can't wait till mine shows up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back