Amadeus 2-Disc Director's Cut [Blu-ray Digibook Packaging] for $7.99 at Amazon

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon has Amadeus on Blu-ray for just $7.99. That's an amazing price considering this is the Blu-ray Book edition, aka Digibook, which usually goes for a lot more. This is a 2-disc set that includes the Director's cut, as well as commentary and other special features. The 2nd disc is actually a CD with music from Mozart

LINK

It says it will ship in 9 to 11 days

Edit: Listed in the 2nd post you can find a deal for Dr Zhivago, BUT be wary that Amazon likely has a damaged stock of these. Just about every person who's received it has gotten a damaged one

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm... I seem to remember not really caring for Amadeus when I saw it in the theater (when it first came out)... But since I would have been 11 years old at the time, I should probably give it another chance. ;)

People are probably buying it up since you can trade it in for $12.50.

But I am blind buying it. Been on my to watch list forever.

[quote name='Joda84']People are probably buying it up since you can trade it in for $12.50.[/QUOTE]

Good luck to them, since it ships from Amazon in 9 to 11 days, and trade-ins have to be shipped to Amazon within 7 days...

[quote name='arcane93']Good luck to them, since it ships from Amazon in 9 to 11 days, and trade-ins have to be shipped to Amazon within 7 days...[/QUOTE]

I hope that stops people from doing it. I've had things ship faster than that though.

Amadeus is literally one of my favorite movies of all time. If you haven't seen it, you need to.

I might pick this up seeing how this was like $20 at Best Buy.

[quote name='Rocko']Ordered last night. I probably wouldn't have, except it comes in that awesome book packaging.[/QUOTE]

I have a lingering feeling that the additional description on amazon stating "Amadeus (Blu-ray Packaging)" is an indication that it will NOT be the digibook edition... not that I really care, but there will most definitely be a few disappointed people in this thread if I am correct. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Darshminder']I have a lingering feeling that the additional description on amazon stating "Amadeus (Blu-ray Packaging)" is an indication that it will NOT be the digibook edition... not that I really care, but there will most definitely be a few disappointed people in this thread if I am correct. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

It's definitely a Blu-ray book, as you can tell from the picture, and the fact that there is a separate page for the standard edition. This, and Dr. Zhivago both dropped at the same time too, which also leads me to believe it's the digibook. I should also point out that Amazon's page says 2-discs. Only the book edition has 2-discs. I'll also point out that it has an MSRP of $36, much higher than the standard edition, and in line with the digibook MSRP. So there is significantly more evidence pointing to it being a digibook than not.

I'm pretty sure Amazon meant to write "Blu-ray Book Packaging" as others are listed. I've just passed this change on to Amazon let's see if it gets fixed.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's definitely a Blu-ray book, as you can tell from the picture, and the fact that there is a separate page for the standard edition. This, and Dr. Zhivago both dropped at the same time too, which also leads me to believe it's the digibook. I should also point out that Amazon's page says 2-discs. Only the book edition has 2-discs. I'll also point out that it has an MSRP of $36, much higher than the standard edition, and in line with the digibook MSRP. So there is significantly more evidence pointing to it being a digibook than not.

I'm pretty sure Amazon meant to write "Blu-ray Book Packaging" as others are listed. I've just passed this change on to Amazon let's see if it gets fixed.[/QUOTE]

Definitely some good points. I didn't realize the regular version only included one disc... Will be a nice surprise if you are right! :D

Wow... almost picked up the Director's Cut when I was at Fry's on Monday for like $10... and the non-book version. I'm jumping on this. Thanks OP!

I guess I'm weird, but I actually like the Theatrical Version better than the Director's Cut. Too bad it doesn't look like they have the Theatrical Version on Blu Ray.

[quote name='homerojay']I guess I'm weird, but I actually like the Theatrical Version better than the Director's Cut. Too bad it doesn't look like they have the Theatrical Version on Blu Ray.[/QUOTE]

most people do

I love both versions... the only reason I would ever prefer the Director's Cut is very puerile, but very true: boobies. *Tom Hulce Mozart laugh*

Well... I received my Doctor Zhivago yesterday and, after seeing the condition it is in, am not feeling good about my chances with Amadeus. Are the Blu-Ray Books typically shrink wrapped so tightly all of the edges bend in? That's what happened with mine, but there was also wear on the spine and fading on the top of the front.

Probably going to try getting it replaced, though I'm not sure how much good that would do, unless they can make a note to the warehouse to consider adding more than one piece of inflated plastic for packaging.

[quote name='applecider']Well... I received my Doctor Zhivago yesterday and, after seeing the condition it is in, am not feeling good about my chances with Amadeus. Are the Blu-Ray Books typically shrink wrapped so tightly all of the edges bend in? That's what happened with mine, but there was also wear on the spine and fading on the top of the front.

Probably going to try getting it replaced, though I'm not sure how much good that would do, unless they can make a note to the warehouse to consider adding more than one piece of inflated plastic for packaging.[/QUOTE]

The bent corners are ongoing problem with digibooks, atleast in my experience.

Received my amadeus and doctor zhivago blu rays today. The doctor zhivago case is really bent. Stupid book case. I don't know if I should contact amazon over this though.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Received my amadeus and doctor zhivago blu rays today. The doctor zhivago case is really bent. Stupid book case. I don't know if I should contact amazon over this though.[/QUOTE]

Even if you don't want anything out of it I would let them know for future shipments to other people ya know

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']What's the appeal of the Digibook? Maybe I just love steelbooks too much but I'm still curious.[/QUOTE]

They're usually filled with all kinds of great photos, and information about the movies. From interviews to scripts, storyboards etc...The paper is really high quality as well. Plus, I personally like the book design of them, they look nice on my shelf.

Here are some select previews of some:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF48qUe0RK0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVtVAdO4EvM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tauPeJ0DPwI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp8nTCSow3c&feature=related

Got mine today, 1 day weekend shipping. That was pretty Impressive. Zhivago is bent inwards moderately on all 8 corners, as others have had problems with.

However, Amadeus is absolutely mint, so that is pretty exciting. Thanks for the deal info.

Oh wow. I freakin love art books and stuff like that. Especially that Batman one. Thanks for showing me dude. If they had made it possible to take the upper blu ray label off it would of been even more gorgeous.

Been waiting on a deal for this version of Amadeus forever! One of my fave movies of all time since I first saw it when I was a kid! Thanks OP!

Got my order today. The Amadeus digibook is in perfect condition. The Doctor Zhivago digibook, on the other hand, does have bent corners. It also has indentations on the edges like those left behind by spider wrap -- which makes me suspect that these are copies which were returned to the manufacturer from some retail store, in which case the damage may not be Amazon's fault. Given that, I'm debating whether to bother contacting them with a complaint or not; if all (or most) of the copies that they have are damaged, I'm not sure what they'll be able to do about it.

Huh, Amazon says this was delivered this to my door a few days back but I haven't received it... I've been using Amazon regularly for more then 7 years now and I can't remember this ever happening...

[quote name='abhinav']Huh, Amazon says this was delivered this to my door a few days back but I haven't received it... I've been using Amazon regularly for more then 7 years now and I can't remember this ever happening...[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I had that happen a couple of times, which is why I've started having all packages delivered to my office now. Contact Amazon, they're usually pretty good about replacing orders that have been lost or stolen in shipping.

Between here and Blu-ray.com, I've yet to hear someone get a Zhivago that wasn't damaged. I'm 99% positive that Amazon is sending these out damaged, in fact make that 100% since many got Amadeus the same time and that one was perfectly mint (eliminates the postal damage angle). That's pretty poor of them if true.

Replacements are coming damaged and sometimes worse than the first received, so don't expect to get a good replacement. Best to either stick with what you got or return it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm 99% positive that Amazon is sending these out damaged, in fact make that 100% since many got Amadeus the same time and that one was perfectly mint (eliminates the postal damage angle). That's pretty poor of them if true.[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, Amazon probably just gets big boxes of these sent to their warehouse from the publisher, and no one at Amazon ever sees them other than the minimum wage warehouse workers who pack them for shipping. If they arrive to Amazon damaged like this (annoyingly bent, but not obviously broken), they probably have no idea. The warehouse workers probably don't have the time (or the knowledge) to really inspect each one individually -- if something is blatantly damaged they probably wouldn't ship it out, but corner damage and such like this probably goes unnoticed.

If these are manufacturer returns as I suspect (I just don't see any other explanation for the obvious spider wrap damage on mine), I put the blame squarely on Warner Brothers for shipping them to Amazon in this condition in the first place.

That being said, it's not a movie that I care about that much, I more or less bought it on a whim and it wasn't that expensive. So I'm probably just going to keep it and not worry about it.

Both my Amadeus and Doctor Zhivago were bent at the corners as well. Just got off the phone with Amazon and they offered to replace them. I told them that I didn't really want to go through the hassle of having to send them back and they gave me a $15 promotion credit for my next order. Very cool of them, but I expect no less from Amazon. They have always come through with their customer service. If anyone else has received the blu rays damaged, I would suggest calling Amazon and telling them about it.

[quote name='arcane93']Well, to be fair, Amazon probably just gets big boxes of these sent to their warehouse from the publisher, and no one at Amazon ever sees them other than the minimum wage warehouse workers who pack them for shipping. If they arrive to Amazon damaged like this (annoyingly bent, but not obviously broken), they probably have no idea. The warehouse workers probably don't have the time (or the knowledge) to really inspect each one individually -- if something is blatantly damaged they probably wouldn't ship it out, but corner damage and such like this probably goes unnoticed.

If these are manufacturer returns as I suspect (I just don't see any other explanation for the obvious spider wrap damage on mine), I put the blame squarely on Warner Brothers for shipping them to Amazon in this condition in the first place.

That being said, it's not a movie that I care about that much, I more or less bought it on a whim and it wasn't that expensive. So I'm probably just going to keep it and not worry about it.[/QUOTE]

True, but at the same time when a lot of people send complaints about a product having damage or some other issue, Amazon usually puts the item under review. They should certainly be doing that now to see why so many people are getting damaged products. Perhaps not enough people have alerted them, or that's not how their Under Review system works..*shrug*

[quote name='ssjmichael']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314614[/QUOTE] thanks. It may fluctuate but had been at this price pretty steady every time I check, yet still don't pull the trigger

Received Doctor Zhivago, Amadeus and Spawn Collection yesterday. Cases for all three were in pretty good shape. Minor wear on the top left corner of Doctor Zhivago but nothing bad like spider wrap damage. Good thing I jumped on the deals late.

bread's done
Back