Hunted, Dungeon Siege III $10, AC: Brotherhood $15 at GameFly

Is Dungeon Siege any good? I remember playing the demo and the graphics not being very good. If someone can recommend it, I think I will get it.

[quote name='naverous']Is Dungeon Siege any good? I remember playing the demo and the graphics not being very good. If someone can recommend it, I think I will get it.[/QUOTE]

Combat seemed very rudimentary, but these games are not necessarily my bag either.

Really tempted on dungeon siege 3. Seems like a good price for the game and I loved the second one... any thoughts on those who have played it?

DSIII is a solid dungeon crawler, I paid $12 pre xmas and found it very entertaining and it scratches the baldur's gate itch ...for me anyways.

[quote name='who77']L.A. Noire is also $10 on both systems[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it's only free shipping when you buy new, or if you are a GF member.

Thanks CheapyD just got Brotherhood for the brother-in-law its kinda messed up cause I have him playing AC:R first so I guesss he starts at the end and works his way to the beginning lol. $16 free 5-7day shipping

[quote name='GT']DSIII is a solid dungeon crawler, I paid $12 pre xmas and found it very entertaining and it scratches the baldur's gate itch ...for me anyways.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anything will ever scratch my baldur's gate itch, besides bioware releasing a shadows of amn/throne of bhaal remake. Hell, I'm not picky I'd take any game set in the baldur's gate universe.

I say stay away from Hunted. I bought it for $12 through a Target clearance and played it for two hours or so and then got rid of it. Pretty linear and repetitive. Even at the price I got it for, I couldn't find a reason to keep it.

Picked up Hunted and Dungeon Siege because I had a couple of $5 reward things, one of which was expiring today. I look forward to playing through them and realizing that I probably made a bad purchase in spite of the price.

Just a heads up the Co-op in DS III is a bit weird. If I remember correctly co-op players basically drop into your game and just take over an AI buddy. They don't save anything that happens, and can't use their own character. It is one reason I haven't got it yet, although at this price I may say to hell with it.

[quote name='TooPoor']Deus Ex PS3 for 16.99 is a good price?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. It is seriously a great game. The story is what drove it for me. Very cool not so far off future.

Gameplay is great, too. Either you can sneak around all game long or just do 'guard-piles'.

One of my favorites of last year -- and I play games by the boatload (on PS3).

Picked up Hunted for 4 and change with my coupon I had. I'm sure I can get 4 dollars of entertainment from it. Thanks!

[quote name='naverous']Is Dungeon Siege any good? I remember playing the demo and the graphics not being very good. If someone can recommend it, I think I will get it.[/QUOTE]

I finished playing it about a week ago and I found it a good deal of fun. It's not perfect but there's lots of magic/special attack options that keep it interesting and I thought the story was a good length and decent enough to hold my interest.

Definitely worth $10.

[quote name='emceelokey']I say stay away from Hunted. I bought it for $12 through a Target clearance and played it for two hours or so and then got rid of it. Pretty linear and repetitive. Even at the price I got it for, I couldn't find a reason to keep it.[/QUOTE]

This. Boring, remedial game. I think I bought it for $10 after coupon at Best Buy last year and couldn't get 2 hours into it. Traded it at the time to Gamestop for a profit after bonus.

Your money is better spent on other games.

[quote name='blinknot4']Absolutely. It is seriously a great game. The story is what drove it for me. Very cool not so far off future.

Gameplay is great, too. Either you can sneak around all game long or just do 'guard-piles'.

One of my favorites of last year -- and I play games by the boatload (on PS3).[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree. I didn't like it at all and other than the graphics, didn't really see the hubbub about it being anywhere near some sites' game of the year lists.

Otherwise 16.99 probably isn't too bad.

For the record, Hunted is truly terrible, IMO. I would avoid it. For anyone who doesn't have AC:B yet, I guess that's a pretty good price.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Just a heads up the Co-op in DS III is a bit weird. If I remember correctly co-op players basically drop into your game and just take over an AI buddy. They don't save anything that happens, and can't use their own character. It is one reason I haven't got it yet, although at this price I may say to hell with it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's not really suited to play with random players. It's best if you play with a close friend. Honestly, that's the only way I'd play it online..

Picked up :360:DS3. Thanks Cheapy!

Mainly for single player as I am not typical a fan of fubar co-op, but will give it a whirl to confirm it is as bad as they say.

$10 seemed like a no-brainer. What is that, like 2-3 hours worth of gameplay to break even?? :)

Maybe off topic here, but at this point, can we expect one new Gamefly sale every week starting on Thursday? I've been confused as to when these things were starting.... in the past it seemed like they were doing multiple sales every week, but that seems to be long gone now.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']This. Boring, remedial game. I think I bought it for $10 after coupon at Best Buy last year and couldn't get 2 hours into it. Traded it at the time to Gamestop for a profit after bonus.

Your money is better spent on other games.[/QUOTE]
I actually enjoyed it, it's a asymmetrical co-op game, which is like RPGs but plays like 3rd person shooters. Have to power through the initial learning curve though.

Played and beat it. If you like top down dungeon crawlers, you could do worse, but it is a bit clunky. The story is decent and the gameplay (I just played with the witch) seems varied enough.

My big problem with it was the loot. Which is the major point of a game like that. It is lacking in that department.

For what 10 bucks? It'll give you 10 dollars worth of fun for sure.

[quote name='mike.m']I completely disagree. I didn't like it at all and other than the graphics, didn't really see the hubbub about it being anywhere near some sites' game of the year lists.

Otherwise 16.99 probably isn't too bad.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. We are allowed to disagree - that's what makes video games great.

i thought Hunted was terrible. im bitter tho because the stupid crystal shards trophy glitched on both playthroughs so im 1 shard short of a plat. argh you hunted!

i got ds3 for 35 w @gamer coupon last year. damn you backlog! havn't touched yet. was thinking of getting a 2nd copy for my grrl to play with me but reading your posts im just gonna skip these deals. thnx

How did I go since last night without ever seeing this thread? Probably would have grabbed DS3 for PS3 but looks like they are out of it.

Well I bite on DS3...I am REALLY trying to be better this year after buying about 100 games last year so my backlog is beyond out of control but DS3 is on my list and $10 shipped is about right. Most likely I could get it for less someday down the road but it is fine.

[quote name='Velo214']i thought Hunted was terrible. im bitter tho because the stupid crystal shards trophy glitched on both playthroughs so im 1 shard short of a plat. argh you hunted![/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me on 360, seems like it did to a lot of people. Yet another reason not to play it as far as I'm concerned.

Played through and beat Hunted on a rental and am still going to buy it. That's how much I enjoyed the game. To each his own.

I rented and beat DS3 as well but I'm less interested in ever playing that again. Despite the fact that it is more designed for multiple playthroughs.

[quote name='wynams']Picked up :360:DS3. Thanks Cheapy!

Mainly for single player as I am not typical a fan of fubar co-op, but will give it a whirl to confirm it is as bad as they say.

$10 seemed like a no-brainer. What is that, like 2-3 hours worth of gameplay to break even?? :)[/QUOTE]

Who's "they"? It got a 72 on Metacritic, which is far from horrible. Really, if you're looking for a medium-involved dungeon crawler, it holds up just fine. Like I said to someone else here, it's definitely worth $10.

Gamefly rules. My DSIII order from Thursday arrived in Portland, OR on Saturday (coming from Pitt, PA I am impressed with USPS too!)

Disk is like new.

bread's done
Back