Dead Rising 2: Off the Record 17.99 (newegg)

trillaboycloud

CAGiversary!
newegg can be weird at times, some days good games can be priced down then after a few hours or the next day price back up... or games that should be back down in price at laughable prices... so i saw this even so they just had it at 21.99 then back to 29.99 now its at 17.99 so i jumped at it for im not paying 20 or more for it... so who knows how long it'll stay at this price.. oh and free shipping which is something i really love newegg for...

so tempting. was mad at DR2 when I paid retail for the high stakes edition hoping for a chance at that lifesize zombie. but for 18 bucks its hard to argue....

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']Submitted hopeful pm to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

if they do price match it, will CAG post a deal on here for it?

[quote name='Mr. Universe']if they do price match it, will CAG post a deal on here for it?[/QUOTE]

While I doubt that CAG himself will post it, u can bet if amazon pm's someone will put it here

[quote name='MrshllJcb']While I doubt that CAG himself will post it, u can bet if amazon pm's someone will put it here[/QUOTE]

Lol.

+1 for your early morning zing.

I would have bought if the 360 version was at that price. I have a PS3, but I'm an achievement ho. So, I will continue to wait.

[quote name='Kaiser499']So what's the difference between this and the original?[/QUOTE]

In Off the Record, you play as the guy from Dead Rising 1. Frank??

DR2 you played as a new character Chuck.

I think otherwise, OTR is a lot of the same as DR2. It's just a retelling as a different character.

Very tempted at this price, but will try and hold off for a $15 or less price.

I spent over 25 hours on Dead Rising 2, finished with a level 48 Chuck and the S ending, and as frustrating as it could be, I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I can't bring myself to spend more than $15 on OTR though since it is almost the same game, and since I won't get to it any time soon.

i bought it the day it came out. the difference are bascially it's an alternate storyline where you play as Frank, it also has a different ending boss and chuck as a psycho. They also introduced a Sandbox mode which is amazing!

[quote name='Clown069']i bought it the day it came out. the difference are bascially it's an alternate storyline where you play as Frank, it also has a different ending boss and chuck as a psycho. They also introduced a Sandbox mode which is amazing![/QUOTE]
That's why I want it.

Yeah I actually enjoy this one the most. Sandbox mode is epic unless you trophy/achievement hunt...in that case you have to kill 100,000 zombies for one of them >.<
Great price for a great game!

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Why does everyone want Amazon to price? Newegg is better than Amazon.[/QUOTE]

That's a good question. Unless these people have Amazon credit, I don't understand why they don't just buy it from Newegg.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Why does everyone want Amazon to price? Newegg is better than Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I like Amazon better for a lot of reasons but the most important one is that as a Californian, Newegg charges me sales tax while Amazon doesn't.

also, my amazon card gives me some serious points when I shop at amazon. last month I got $45 in credit.

but I have paypal funds so I snagged one on newegg.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']also, my amazon card gives me some serious points when I shop at amazon. last month I got $45 in credit.

but I have paypal funds so I snagged one on newegg.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I already killed my Amazon card. Went through a couple months without a job and couldnt pay it lol. I guess since then I've started mostly looking elsewhere from Amazon. Newegg usually has the best deal IMO.

[quote name='Hoffer']That's a good question. Unless these people have Amazon credit, I don't understand why they don't just buy it from Newegg.[/QUOTE]
As others have said taxes and credit usually mean Amazon wins. Also remember that as far as I know Amazon is the only major retailer that will actualy change their price on the fly when they get enough notices of lower prices elsewhere. So it pays to get them to match because then it also has a ripple affect that could cause other shops to follow their lead.

[quote name='Ellahjay88']Yeah I actually enjoy this one the most. Sandbox mode is epic unless you trophy/achievement hunt...in that case you have to kill 100,000 zombies for one of them >.<
Great price for a great game![/QUOTE]

I was just about to ask if I should get this or Dead Rising 2 first. Figured this would be a best of both worlds. Continuation of the first game's character with all the improvements of the second game.

I haven't played any of the games yet, so does the order of playing the games matter? I mean, I plan of playing Dead Rising followed by Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, then finally Dead Rising 2.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I was just about to ask if I should get this or Dead Rising 2 first. Figured this would be a best of both worlds. Continuation of the first game's character with all the improvements of the second game.

I haven't played any of the games yet, so does the order of playing the games matter? I mean, I plan of playing Dead Rising followed by Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, then finally Dead Rising 2.[/QUOTE]

If you've never played 2, I'd just skip it and get this one. But that's me. Do play the first one too like you said, it's great. (but it's not on PS3)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Damnit why couldn't this be for :360: too. Guess I am waiting longer :razz:[/QUOTE]
I was wanting a Xbox copy also. looks like I'll wait longer.

[quote name='Hoffer']That's a good question. Unless these people have Amazon credit, I don't understand why they don't just buy it from Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I still have gift cards left over from Christmas. If Amazon price matches, and offers the 360 version, I'll bite.

[quote name='Lucian']Thanks for posting the link and the detail.

I would've preferred on 360 (just because I have the others on 360), but this is a nice price. I bit.[/QUOTE]I wish I could do that. It would drive me crazy if I had part of the series on one console, and part of it on another @_@

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope for a cheap Xbox 360 version soon :

Does your save from the original DR2 affect anything from Off the Record? If not, I have no problem having DR2 on 360 and Off the Record on PS3.

Thanks for the tip CheapGamerAss, tried to win a copy but my F5 skills weren't up to the task. Wish that contest had been published on CAG sooner, but there's always next time.

Aw fuck it I caved in and bought it, Ive been wanting to just play with no restirictions in the sandbox mode.....

18 bucks free ship and no tax is good enough for me, I figure it cant get much cheaper than that

First time using Newegg hope they dont screw me over in any way.....

man why not fix the title already for ps3 only... I forgot this thread was like this and the 2nd time i clicked in. I hope it gets fixed so others do not waste there time. Half fail vote,

Dang. I've been waiting on a deal for this since release and when I finally spot one it's exclusively for PS3. *sad face*

If Amazon matches I hope they do it for both systems.

They probably have stockpiles of the PS3 version since it sold poorly on that platform. That's what Newegg usually does.

[quote name='infamy']They probably have stockpiles of the PS3 version since it sold poorly on that platform. That's what Newegg usually does.[/QUOTE]

yeah I noticed Yakuza 3 and 4 is still sitting there at $15

[quote name='infamy']They probably have stockpiles of the PS3 version since it sold poorly on that platform. That's what Newegg usually does.[/QUOTE]

so price will stay the same until it is sold out?

Given that I paid $20 for the C.E. of Dead Rising 2 from Newegg (for both PS3 and 360), I really can't see paying more than $10 for Off the Record.

I haven't gotten very far in DR2, so if I need to wait another year or two for OTR to drop, I can afford to wait and save a few bucks.

bread's done
Back