Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (PS3) $19.99 New/ $17.99 Used @ GameStop

i think they have had this price for a while. at least a few weeks. i did finally price match it at best buy yesterday (had $5 reward cert to use). i picked up 3 penny guides at the same time. cashier couldn't believe i got it all for $15.02. i just told her it was a promotion in the games dept.

Since you provided a link to Gamestop.com, you should point out that neither new nor used is currently orderable online - and with GameStop, this means good luck finding a sealed copy if you're looking for new.

I picked this up a month ago as part of a B2G1. I was surprised to see it so low and I've regretted trading it in my vanilla copy for so long, so this was a no brainer.

[quote name='gantt']Since you provided a link to Gamestop.com, you should point out that neither new nor used is currently orderable online - and with GameStop, this means good luck finding a sealed copy if you're looking for new.[/QUOTE]depends on your area there's numerous GS's that have it in stock around me mostly new.

[quote name='leeyum']Unavailable? Do you think Best Buy will price match this?[/QUOTE]as long as there's a "local" store with it in stock you should be able to get the match.

[quote name='Enuf']depends on your area there's numerous GS's that have it in stock around me mostly new.[/QUOTE]

The issue isn't finding a "new" copy in stock - the issue is GS's definition of "new." This has been beaten to death in countless threads, though.

Newegg still has it for $20 and free shipping. The shrinkwrap looks like a rewrap, but that is how all ps3 move copies of these are.

[quote name='gantt']The issue isn't finding a "new" copy in stock - the issue is GS's definition of "new." This has been beaten to death in countless threads, though.[/QUOTE]Oh you mean "gutted" new copies vs sealed new copies. TBH it never really bothered me since I could see the disk 1st anyways to confirm the quality before hand.
One would think they would just have place holders for the new items since that's what the empties are anyways & just grab the new sealed copies accordingly.

Got this used last week for PS3. They had a "new" copy but the case was broken. They had a single used which case was in like new condition... but the disc... holy shit. Not a single scratch but it was like someone molested it after eating fried chicken! No matter how much I wipped it only smeared, water didn't even help. I ultimately had to take rubbing alcohol to the damn thing. Never in my many years of buying used from GameStop...

Also apparently Capcom has long since stopped producing the shiny gold slipcover. Disappointing as I love slipcovers.

With the $10 off coupon i had it came out to be like $7.somthing. They didn't have the original case, which is not really a big deal, but those replacement cases they use! Super tacky looking. Not to mention my row of ps3 games look odd now. First world problems.

Speaking of zombie games, has anyone seen House ofthe Dead Overkill for PS3 on sale anywhere & does anyone know if HOTD 2 & 3 Returns for the wii is having an HD upgrade for ps3 anytime soon?

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']why is the xbox version so hard to find?[/QUOTE]

The Xbox version comes with a voucher. Take away the voucher and it's just Resident Evil 5 vanilla. So a used copy of the gold edition is just the vanilla version.

[quote name='boogie4114']The Xbox version comes with a voucher. Take away the voucher and it's just Resident Evil 5 vanilla. So a used copy of the gold edition is just the vanilla version.[/QUOTE]

PS3 version definitely comes with the DLC on the disc?

[quote name='leeyum']Was able to price match at best buy! Scored a slip cover as well![/QUOTE]

Ditto, did the PM thing at BB; but no slip cover. no biggie.

Bummer the additional content is locked from the start, so I'll need to replay them. [completed all originally on 360]
I love the treatment Capcom did with the gold manual and gold disc. I hope more companies do this.

bread's done
Back