Zavvi Price Crash

[quote name='Nohbdy']You should have noted this was UK-only and posted in the proper regional forum.[/QUOTE]

But it isn't UK only... they ship internationally.

[quote name='Nohbdy']You should have noted this was UK-only and posted in the proper regional forum.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for coming by and shitting on the thread though. I hope this improved your day!

Just look up the currency conversion rate, and you'll see an additional charge of like $1.50 for the international fee.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Quick question: PC games (or rather, PC game keys) aren't region locked, are they?[/QUOTE]

Sadly, the best answer is likely "it depends."

Zavvi also has Dodonpachi Resurrection for only about $25 shipped (after currency conversion, cost is 14.95 pounds plus 1 pound shipping), which is a fantastic price. See the Dodonpachi thread elsewhere in deals about this, by chunlirocks. I ordered DDPR from Zavvi and it only took a little over 2 weeks to arrive, which is great for international, cheap shipping from UK. DDPR is well worth the price if you're a shmup fan!

Only appears to be a decent sale because of the low figures before conversion. For us US customers, plenty of these games were on sale for far less in the past month. And why do I need to fill out a second line in my address? I have no PO Box or apartment number. That's rather poor site coding.

Well, Resonance of Fate comes out great, at $14.39 shipped. Now, if I that 10% off really existed, this would turn into a pretty great deal...

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Well, Resonance of Fate comes out great, at $14.39 shipped. Now, if I that 10% off really existed, this would turn into a pretty great deal...[/QUOTE]

Sorry if old news, but if you join their mailing list, you get monthly 10% off coupons. I rarely use mine, so it figures that the one time I'd like to, I've already deleted it.

When straight ahead and did that, but I figure it's too late for this one. I'll have to mull over this deal for awhile and hopefully in that time someone comes in with the voucher for 10% off. :bouncy:

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Well, Resonance of Fate comes out great, at $14.39 shipped. Now, if I that 10% off really existed, this would turn into a pretty great deal...[/QUOTE]

It's $18.51 with the shipping charges and currency conversion fee. The prices are in GBP, not Euros.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']When straight ahead and did that, but I figure it's too late for this one. I'll have to mull over this deal for awhile and hopefully in that time someone comes in with the voucher for 10% off. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Same goes for their parent site, TheHut.com, so you might want to sign up their, too. Though, to be honest, Zavvi.com seems to have better videogame deals.

I figure I'll ask for a 10% code too if anyone has one. I really want dodonpachi resurrection but I've spent so much on games lately I can't quite pull the trigger.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I figure I'll ask for a 10% code too if anyone has one. I really want dodonpachi resurrection but I've spent so much on games lately I can't quite pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm in the same boat: they have House of the Dead Overkill--Extended Cut (PS3) for great price, but I sure would like to shave another 10% off before I add it to my backlog.

[quote name='Zaku77']Thank you for coming by and shitting on the thread though. I hope this improved your day![/QUOTE]

Not everyone knows this site ships internationally, including myself. I admit my fault but you can piss off yourself, asswipe.

My reply was definitely abrasive, but I'm really tired of people stopping by to be the forum police. You didn't even add to the thread. You just harassed the OP.

[quote name='Zaku77']My reply was definitely abrasive, but I'm really tired of people stopping by to be the forum police. You didn't even add to the thread. You just harassed the OP.[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

Here's a good currency conversion site for those still on the fence. Just remember to change the Euros to GBP(pounds) in the FROM field before doing any conversions.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Also if you're like me and prefer to have physical copies of games instead of a downloadable version, there's physical copies up of :ps3::360:Arcana Heart 3 ranging from £9.95($15.74) for the standalone non CE PS3 edition to £22.95($36.32) for the CE version for PS3.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/elysium....GVwYXJ0bWVudDpnYW1lcyoh&search=arcana+heart+3

i usually just go to google and type in the amount ie 12.49 gbp in the search bar, and it automatically calculates the US$ amount in a little chart that pops up. makes things pretty easy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Here's a good currency conversion site for those still on the fence. Just remember to change the Euros to GBP(pounds) in the FROM field before doing any conversions.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Also if you're like me and prefer to have physical copies of games instead of a downloadable version, there's physical copies up of :ps3::360:Arcana Heart 3 ranging from £9.95($15.74) for the standalone non CE PS3 edition to £22.95($36.32) for the CE version for PS3.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/elysium....GVwYXJ0bWVudDpnYW1lcyoh&search=arcana+heart+3[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zaku77']My reply was definitely abrasive, but I'm really tired of people stopping by to be the forum police. You didn't even add to the thread. You just harassed the OP.[/QUOTE]

You want to explain to me how adding details and directing someone to the proper forum constitutes as harassment?

[quote name='Nohbdy']You want to explain to me how adding details and directing someone to the proper forum constitutes as harassment?[/QUOTE]

Because it's not UK-only and doesn't need to be in a regional forum. I'm not going to say it's harassment, but it is an uninformed lecture.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Not everyone knows this site ships internationally, including myself. I admit my fault but you can piss off yourself, asswipe.[/QUOTE]

oh boy we got an internet tough guy on here today

Does anyone know if having a UK-branded game affects resale with retailers here? I bought a few games from here recently and they all have the PEGI labels instead of the MSRP, so just wondering.

Definitely some great deals to be had here. Only problem is that shipping is SLLOOOOOWWW. Took me about 20 days to get my last order.

[quote name='salty tbone']Because it's not UK-only[/QUOTE]

Except at the time of posting, I didn't know it wasn't UK only.

[quote name='spazman279']Does anyone know if having a UK-branded game affects resale with retailers here? I bought a few games from here recently and they all have the PEGI labels instead of the MSRP, so just wondering.

Definitely some great deals to be had here. Only problem is that shipping is SLLOOOOOWWW. Took me about 20 days to get my last order.[/QUOTE]
You mean the ESRB ratings block, right? As long as you trade them in in a stack of other games you should be ok, but if you get a clerk that's really paying attention that may put the kibosh on getting rid of them.

Although someone did find a Japanese train simulation game at Gamestop a while ago and it was complete no less.:shock:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean the ESRB ratings block, right? As long as you trade them in in a stack of other games you should be ok, but if you get a clerk that's really paying attention that may put the kibosh on getting rid of them.

Although someone did find a Japanese train simulation game at Gamestop a while ago and it was complete no less.:shock:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ESRB is what I meant, thanks. Fingers crossed when it gets to that time...

[quote name='Nohbdy']Except at the time of posting, I didn't know it wasn't UK only.[/QUOTE]
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

[quote name='lawyers guns n money']"better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."[/quote]

this.

he made a comment. that comment spurred people to answer a question that i wouldn't have thought to ask myself. i'd say it did more than just harass the op.

still i'm far too lazy to look at the site myself. keep posting good deals you find.

Zavvi does ship fast but they must use pretty cheap shipping methods considering it is only 99p for shipping. I've ordered two things from them and only received one.

The first was Xenoblade Chronicles which shipped very fast and did arrive in a decent amount of time considering it had to come to the US.

The other thing was the Oasis - Dig Out Your Soul Deluxe Boxset which they had on sale for $25 (normally $90-$100) is a pretty big box due to 4LPs and 2 CDs and ended up getting lost in the mail. They did refund me right away though due to the fact that they no longer had the item in stock.

I've got Last Story pre-ordered from them so fingers crossed.

Debating about getting Arcana Hearts 3 at some point soon. Not sure if I should bother with the LE or not though.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Except at the time of posting, I didn't know it wasn't UK only.[/QUOTE]

The point is you were giving misinformation and deserved to be slammed. Just because you didn't know at the time, is not an excuse. You were trying to be corrective without even taking the full minute to go to the site and figure it out yourself.

What's worse, you could have taken your beating earlier and have been done. Instead, now your talking stupid shit and just making your beating become a thrashing.

Learn from your first mistake and just shut up.

Back to topic, Zavvi is awesome. It took just over a week to get my Deus Ex LE. Would definitely use them again.

I have used Zavvi a couple of times. What I don't like about Zavvi is that they send out games without any protection (no bubble wrap). Once, the custom in my country stapled the package and it penetrated through the casing :( Fortunately, the disc was fine.

I'd like to request one of those 10% off things if anyone would have a spare! Looking into the MGS HD Limited Edition they have, which comes out to a cool $95, I'd like to lessen that just a bit :p

bread's done
Back