Old Stock Walmart Clearance games for $5 (YMMV depending on stock)

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Original Post:

This week, Walmart did some clearance price changes on a lot of older video game stock. Many, many titles went down to $5.

A lot of this was older sports titles, so if you've got a hankerin' for some Madden 09, rush to your nearest ghetto Walmart now.

Aside from that, there were some gems. The AC/DC Track Pack went down to $5 (though the bundles with the shirt are still $30).

More importantly, Metroid Prime 3, Wario Ware Smooth Moves and Pokémon: Battle Revolution went down to $5 as well. Managed to pick up the one I needed (Battle Revolution) and a few extras for trade. :D

So, good luck hunting and post your finds in here so others can know what to look out for.

Again, these are nationwide price changes. As long as your store has 'em in stock and has worked the price change (yes, as we discussed in length in the 3DS price change thread oh-so-long-ago, someone in the store, usually the department manager, has to accept the price change before it goes into effect) the prices are good to go wherever the older games are in stock.

==========

TRUE Walmart List for Discounted Games
Go to this post:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9354876&postcount=153

Thanks, N1ntendo.
5.gif

==========

List of (protential) clearance games @ your local walmart. compiled by GTAERgameing

$5
.hack, Part 3: Outbreak :ps2:
AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack :ps3: :wii: :360:
Ape Escape :psp:
Baten Kaitos Origins :gc:
Battalion Wars 2 :wii:
Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WW2 :ps3:
Cabela's Big Game Hunter '10 :360:
Daxter :psp:
F.E.A.R. :ps3:
F.E.A.R. Files :ps3: :360:
FIFA Soccer 08 :ps2: :ps3: :wii:
FIFA Soccer 10 :ps2: :ps3:
Gallop Racer 2006 :ps2:
Madden NFL 2006
Madden NFL 09 20th Anniversary Collector’s Edition :ps3:
Madden NFL 09
Medal of Honor Collection :ps2:
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption :wii:
Monsters vs. Aliens :wii:
NCAA Football 2009 :wii:
NHL 2009 :360:
NHL 2010
NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 :wii:
Odama (with Microphone) :gc:
Pokemon Battle Revolution :wii:
Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009 :360:
Secret Agent Clank :psp:
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology :ps2:
The Gunstringer :360:
The Simpsons Game :360:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 :ps2:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Wii Motion Plus Bundle :wii:
Timeshift :ps3: :360:
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 :ps3:
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune :ps3:
Vampire Rain
Vanquish :360:
WarioWare: Smooth Moves :wii:
Wipeout Pure :psp:
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 :ps3:

$8
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

$10
Bayonetta :360:
EA Sports Active 2 Bundle :ps3: :wii: :360:

Thanks OP

My ghetto WM should have a bin full of them. Does it have a $5 price tag on them or is there a special sticker on them or something?

Holy Sh!t! I'm leaving in 5. How are you sure that these are nationwide price changes, though? WM is notorious for the YMMV clearance. Never the less, I know where I can find some of the titles you mentioned, so I might print up a few UPC's and head out in a few. I'll report back.

There's no telling. Ideally, if they're shelved, there should be a shelf label. Assuming it was switched out. One store I went to had Metroid Prime 3 in two different slots, one tagged at $5, the other still at $40.

They may or may not have individual price labels on them for $5... likely not.

Since the better titles are likely to be found at the stores with the least organized shelves, I can mostly say "Good Luck"...

I found some of these titles last night at Walmart in Wisconsin. Didn't post because they never are the same. I did find Metroid 3 though for $5. Also founding Blazing Angels 2 for PS3 and a bunch of 09-10 sports games. Wish I could have found Pokemon and Wario.

I picked up F.E.A.R. for PS3 for $5. They also had PS3 Madden 09 Collectors Edition for $5, lots of the AC/DC Track Packs and thats it.

Thanks OP! I was able to find an extremely rare copy of NCAA Football 2009 for the Wii. Got it for $5 and very happy at the moment cause the game is currently going for $40 to $110 (x-mas) online.

Does it say on a clearance sticker or on a price sticker how much the reduced price is, or will it just take it off at the register?

I am in line at Wally World now, waiting for the midnight register changeover. Wario Ware was still marked $40 in the case, but a quick scan of my UPC sheet shows that it is in fact $5. About to purchase the last one now...

Hahaha, Walmart doing clearance price changes. I still see PS2 games going for $39.99 and up. I must have one of the laziest Walmart store management in the US.

Yeah, the store I just found the Wario Ware has about 10 copies of a fairly rare PS2 Gundam game (Zeonic Front); but they are all stickered at some a really weird price like $39.82. I've literally started at this stack of old games for 2+ years now, and they never drop (and probably never will). It's a decent price if you just want a sealie for your collection, but for flipping purposes, etc.. there's not much margin left to make anything on, so I always pass. If they marked 'em down to even $10-20, I'd probably snatch up a good little stack of 'em.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']^ Sounds like my local Walmart, they still have 2002 -2005 XBox and PS2 sports games for $20 - $50.[/QUOTE]
The one WM here that finally closed a few years ago(only non SuperCenter in the area, was replaced with a Supercenter about a mile away) used to have PS1 titles like Tony Hawk 2 and even a few old crappy N64 games just before they closed.:lol:

But maybe I'll have to check my closest WM today(bout a mile from the house) since I remember seeing Blazing Angels 2 there a while ago.

Gah, I can't believe there is an actual non-YMMV Wally World clearance going on! This just sucks, because I don't see any way that we can get a comprehensive list, besides people just posting their finds. I think a lot of stores that people might have a chance actually scoring these games are probably not going to have the shelf stickers updated. That works to our advantage, but not if you don't know what titles are on sale.

That being said, I'm trying to concoct a nice little trip to some area WM's to see what I can turn up. I've already been to 2, but I could probably hit another 4-5 before my son wakes up...:)

Damn, nice! I'll have to hit up my local Walmarts to find a copy of Pokemon: BR. I own the other Wii games already. Anxious to see what else they might have on clearance.

^ I went to a Walmart near me in around 06/07 and actually found a rack full of Dreamcast VMUs on clearance for like $1.50 each. I only bought one, even though I didn't have a Dreamcast. I should have bought them all. There must have been 20 of them

[quote name='sgaldis']Gah, I can't believe there is an actual non-YMMV Wally World clearance going on! This just sucks, because I don't see any way that we can get a comprehensive list, besides people just posting their finds. I think a lot of stores that people might have a chance actually scoring these games are probably not going to have the shelf stickers updated. That works to our advantage, but not if you don't know what titles are on sale.

That being said, I'm trying to concoct a nice little trip to some area WM's to see what I can turn up. I've already been to 2, but I could probably hit another 4-5 before my son wakes up...:)[/QUOTE]
:lol: Your area is like mine and littered with WM stores too, huh? There's no less than seven within about a 40 mile radius and I have a feeling they'll buy out another old shopping center up the line and build yet another store.

Walmart is like cockroaches, once you get one in your area they multiply like crazy. Too bad they wouldn't scatter when you shine a light on them like roaches though.;)

The only interesting thing I saw was the EA Active 2 bundle for Wii and PS3. Both were 10.00, which is a decent price. I'm still gonna check out a few stores, then go home and pass out. I really want Pokemon!

Only 24hr walmart in the area hadn't adjusted the prices yet, and I didn't want to bother opening cases just to scan.

I'll try the non supercenters tomorrow.

Tiger Woods 10 w Wii Motion Plus 5.00
Gallop Racer 06 PS2 5.00
Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009 360 5.00
The Simpsons Game 360 5.00
NPPL Championship Paintball 2009 Wii 5.00
Monsters vs Aliens Wii 5.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a store ring up metroid prime 3 and super smash brothers and they we're full price

Acdc and vampire rain were 5 dollars

wow, that's cool. My WM has a copy of one of the Dot Hack games, it's been $49.97 for the longest time.

Edit 2/8: Quarantine is gone. I've been courting that copy, walking it up and down to the price checker weekly for months and now the hopeful part of me is dead, like that "Disappeared" show.

They had 4 copies of Onimusha: Dawn Of Dreams for $5 though, but I've already got that shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VaultDweller']thanks op , rushed on to my local walmart as soon as i saw this topic, bought madden 2006 for $5 reall happy[/QUOTE]

I immediately drove down to a beachside wal-mart that had a copy of NFL Game Day for the PS1 but it was gone. $5 would have been a steal since it had been marked $39.99 all these years.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Tiger Woods 10 w Wii Motion Plus 5.00
Gallop Racer 06 PS2 5.00
Monsters vs Aliens Wii 5.00[/QUOTE]

The Simpsons is actually a pretty good deal...

Gallop Racer 06 PS2 5.00

I scanned monsters vs. aliens this morning and it was $19.99

Gallop Racer 06 PS2 5.00

Even though it's a shitty game, Gallop Racer '06 is quite rare. It was going for $50 and up when I checked last year. It might be worth the $5 to own a sealed copy you can flip sometime later.

I should have known better... even when people say these are nationwide drops my stores NEVER do it. Metroid Prime 3 rang for full price, and there were no other deals to find, unless you want to pay $20 for Coolboarders 4 on PS1.

[quote name='iamsmart']I should have known better... even when people say these are nationwide drops my stores NEVER do it. Metroid Prime 3 rang for full price, and there were no other deals to find, unless you want to pay $20 for Coolboarders 4 on PS1.[/QUOTE]

Check back in a few days. As I said in the OP - the prices ARE Nationwide - however, it is up to the individual stores to work the price changes. They WILL get worked... it's just a matter of when.

[quote name='SuperMario64']^Yup, mine still has MLB 05 for 29.96 for the PS1. THE FREAKIN PS1.[/QUOTE]

In their defense, MLB 05 was a pretty good game. Anyway I might go to Walmart later to check it out. Had to go anyway for some last minute Super Bowl stuff.

That's odd; I've hit up about 7 Wally World's since you made this post, and have had some interesting results. A few stores had some games like Wario Ware ringing up for $5, but Monsters v. Aliens Wii that someone else reported was coming up at $19.99.

I have a few other find that I'll share when I can get back home and settled. I'm going to try to hit a few more stores before I work this afternoon.

P.S. One store I went to had 8 copies of Smooth Moves! :)

My walmart is shit, they never have anything ever since they remodeled. Just got back and they had nothing, just all the fall releases behind glass for their super saving prices of 59.96!

[quote name='sgaldis']That's odd; I've hit up about 7 Wally World's since you made this post, and have had some interesting results. A few stores had some games like Wario Ware ringing up for $5, but Monsters v. Aliens Wii that someone else reported was coming up at $19.99.

I have a few other find that I'll share when I can get back home and settled. I'm going to try to hit a few more stores before I work this afternoon.

P.S. One store I went to had 8 copies of Smooth Moves! :)[/QUOTE]

What state do you live in? Ill wait patiently for ur list :)

[quote name='xcefkevin']In their defense, MLB 05 was a pretty good game. Anyway I might go to Walmart later to check it out. Had to go anyway for some last minute Super Bowl stuff.[/QUOTE]
Well most of Sony's MLB games are generally good. But still...

I just picked up AC/DC for 5 bones figure it is worth it just to have more songs for random when I play Rock Band 3 again.

Thanks, OP. I work at a Wal-Mart,
unfortunately,
so I'll check some UPC numbers later.

Went to a couple of Walmarts - found a copy of Smooth Moves. It was priced at $40 - I got the employee to scan it and it was $5. F.E.A.R. 3 for PS3 rang up at $20. There were a lot of AC/DC packs marked at $5.

bread's done
Back