- - - - -

Go ahead, confess your biggest game sins

#31 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:17 AM

I only do it whenever people do it to me but on Fat Princess I would respawn as the enemy and continuously spam the megabomb at their castle.

#32 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:42 AM

My friend used to troll the hell out of me in WCW/NWO revenge by constantly putting me in the same submission move. He's such weak sauce at playing them.

That reminds me of when I used to play the old Pro Wrestling game on the NES with a buddy or two in the 90's at our one friends house. I'd always use Fighter Hayabusa and just keep brain kicking my one friend since I didn't know any of the other moves.:-# I would position Hayabusa in the right spot near my friends' character so that as soon as he'd get up I'd brain kick him again.:lol:

#33 bossman   Like a Boss CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:48 AM

Killing lower level characters during the WoW plague.

#34 2DMention   Cyberpunk CAGiversary!   3842 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

Paying full price for games at launch and then never getting around to playing them.

Rage quitting in Fortune Street online because I had other things to do.

Not playing through lots of RPGs recently because they were too hard.

#35 Predator21281   The Parking Lot Pimp CAGiversary!   919 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Predator21281

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Sold my copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 for Dreamcast for about $12 at Gamestop. I got excited because I thought that was a lot. Looked online a year later because I was curious and my immediate reaction was "Motherfuck!"

#36 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

Paying full price for games at launch and then never getting around to playing them.

:cry:That was a major sin of mine a couple of years ago when I had about a grand in GS credit from flipping. I pre-ordered and bought games like Just Cause 2 on release day and I never finished them yet. About the only title from that time that I think I finished was Red Dead Redemption, but that was a game I just couldn't put down once I started playing.

#37 The Crotch   There are ten sticks of dynamite waiting for you. CAGiversary!   14940 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

Whenever possible I mute BG music. This is a habit that originated with DOOM (I think?) and was reinforced by Tie Fighter, Quake, and other annoying mid-90s MIDI shenanigans.

Ever since then I don't even bother sampling, I just find Options > Sound and turn the Music slider way the hell down. I have been told this is a sin from soundtrack enthusiasts.

So it beats the shit out of me what Trent Reznor did for Quake, or what some theme in Azeroth sounds like, or whatever generic strings did for the mood in some shitty game. I'd have muted the goddamn cake song if Valve would've let me. Don't push your bullshit music on me.

I do this a lot, too. I have to really like the music of a game not to replace it with English folk-rock. Metroid Prime? You get to keep your music. Tribes Ascend (which youd should totally all come play with me, 'cause it's free) gets to keep its music 'cause the bit that comes when you grab the flag is great.

The worst are the games that play music during cutscenes even when you have music turned off. Damn you, Mass Effect.