Go ahead, confess your biggest game sins

Theenternal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I'm bored and want to know what video game evils that you have committed against other players. From griefing to ninja looting. But not things like killing townspeople in skyrim...or destroying some guys pots in zelda :p.

Probably the worst thing that I did was back in Windows 98, I used this exploit to get access to this guys files and deleted his Final Fantasy VII pc saves. It was a douche thing to do, and I do feel guilt about it :) even though I was a kid.

Misc:
In this MMO there were these items that some of the newb creatures could drop at a rate of 1 in 10,000 kills. And me and my friend stayed on the map opening chat rooms to buy the item for 100g when it was selling for 100,000g. This one guy that we bought the item from, came into the chat room complaining and asked for it back, I told him I sold it. Then I had my friend come in the chat and offer to buy one, I told him in front of the guy that I had one for sale and had my friend offer me 200,000, we then pretended to trade. During this conversation the guy was like "oh gawd, why me" and then he said "this is the worst day of his life." This was also a long time ago...and I wouldn't do it today either...but his reaction still makes me laugh.

Vengeance: I had a Nintendo that I kept at my girlfriends place with a few games. As she was moving out, I went to go get it back and her roommate had taken it, saying it was hers. She knew it was mine, btw this girl was pretty trashy, she was one of those all natural no hygiene girls with dreads that preached about how using soap is being a conformist and that she didn't believe in contraceptives, however she had three abortions by the time she was 21. Anyways I didn't like her. She wasn't home and I had spoken to her before about getting it back. So after calling her several times to get it I went in her room (she had taken it to her boyfriends and was never home) I saw about 1000.00 sitting on her desk, I didn't touch it...was probably drug money. Then I saw a phone in a walmart bag with a receipt, It was 40.00.. I felt my nes was worth about that much so I took it and got the cash for it.

Grand Theft Auto IV/Episodes: I'll routinely get into one of the glitches with a helicopter, fly up under the map and then park my chopper inside a building and wait for other players to come back and try shooting me. Once they do, I whip out the RPG's you get from flying the choppers and send them to hell.:evil:

Also in GTA IV, I once cooked a grenade till it blew up while I was in the chopper portion of the Bomb Da Base mp mission. It took out the chopper and everyone in it, including me.

i go out of my way to kill campers and lag switchers in games because i hate their bitchass way of playing.

I carry smoke grenades in BF3 so when we should be attacking and people sit back and snipe I just block their view.

[quote name='lokizz']i go out of my way to kill campers and lag switchers in games because i hate their bitchass way of playing.[/QUOTE]
The first time I ever heard the term lag switcher was in GTA IV's team deathmatch, since people always kept accusing me of it and trying to vote me out of games. It's not that I lag intentionally, just that my connection sucks(cuz I'm too cheap to upgrade from 768kbps DSL from Verizon to something that costs more than $20 a month).

Here's another confession of mine(though this is also a confession many other CAG's probably will make too):

I have a backlog of 30+ games(including some downloadable titles) and I only ever play my 1-4 'favorite' games.:cry:

Playing MGS4 was the first Metal Gear Solid game I've played before. Played it out of hype as well.

I have over 50 ps3 games and I only play 3 of them daily. The rest just sit there never to be touched.

I enjoyed King Of Fighters XII even though it was extremely bare boned.

I have a decent laptop, but I never play pc games. Ever.

I used to play this MMO called "Ragnarok Online" There was this PVP room where people would want to go and sit down and chat for some reason, when there were towns that you couldn't attack players. Well, I used to spend most of my time in the PVP room killing people and would kill anyone that would go in there.

This one time some girl went in there and I kept killing her over and over again. She then tells me "I'm gonna call my boyfriend and his guildmates in here and they're gonna kick your butt!" So a few minutes later a few players come in and I end up killing all of them as well. The girl got extremely upset and logged off. I then got several PM's in-game as well as through the forums telling me that I was an asshole and that his girlfriend stopped eating IRL because I kept killing her and she couldn't sit with her friends in the PVP room. (This went on for various days, I had her on my KOS at the time.)

Long story short, they tried to report me to the Game Masters and get me banned but nothing happened to me because I wasn't doing anything illegal. Eventually she stopped going to the PVP room and it wasn't til a good while later I found out she made a new character. I continued to PK her once I figured it out.

It is amazing how serious people take video games and what not. The fact that she got super depressed in real life motivated me to keep doing it even more at the time. I was about 15 years old and I didn't give a damn. Now that I look back on it, it feels like a major dick move haha. Still good times though.

I paid $50 for Enslaved. Why god why. Good game but it was $15 everywhere by the time I actually played it. Should have seen that one coming.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']I used to play this MMO called "Ragnarok Online" [/QUOTE]One of my "gaming sins" could be that I'm still tempted every now-and-then to jump on a private RO server. It's been years, but I still want to play it once in a while.

Mine would be going to Canada on vacation with my family in 1990 and bringing an NES Game Genie back over the border with me. This was back when Nintendo was still blocking the sale of it in the US. I was the coolest guy in 6th grade for like 3 days because I had this insane Nintendo fuckwith-games device.

[quote name='Z-Saber']One of my "gaming sins" could be that I'm still tempted every now-and-then to jump on a private RO server. It's been years, but I still want to play it once in a while.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I know what you mean. I first started playing in 2003 and ended up playing on and off until 2009. I still get the urge to play also, but it's hard finding a server with my preferences.

Smurfing account on League of Legends. To explain, it's basically make an account in League of Legends that isn't your main and you basically don't care if it gets banned or not :lol:. Hilarity ensues, especially when you play with like level 1's who calls everyone noobs.

Also I never finished Chrono Trigger.

I intentionally go out of my way to make any game I play more difficult and challenging. Im a glutton for making any game I play more frustrating than it should be.

I also stole a copy of Dreamcasts "Seaman" from Kmart when I was younger. It wasnt until I was older that I discovered why everyone was laughing at me for stealing...."Seaman"

[quote name='Gorilla Gravy']I played Metal Gear Solid 4 without ever having played any of the previous Metal Gear games.[/QUOTE]

You son of a b--ch. You should be ashamed.

I used to rage quit in Samurai Shodown V to boost my rank. Not that it's an excuse but everyone else playing was doing it. Just seemed like the norm.

I love Dynasty Warrior games. DW Gundam 2 is one of my most played games ever.

I used to pause the game in Street Fighter II while Chun Li was kicking to see her panties (but who didn't) I was also mesmerized by the bewb jiggle physics is the first DOA.

About once a year I get piss drunk and beat KOF 95' just to hear the Psycho Soilder ending song and rock out to it.

I tell people I beat TMNT on the NES but never mention I used save states.

i also got alot of pleasure out of humping people in uncharted 2 mp. theres a particular taunt that looks alot like someone air humping and if you shoot someone just right in the right area they will land on something in the right way that when you taunt behind them it looks like youre ass raping them.

ive pissed off alot of peope doing that and ts funny as shit to hear people whining and cursing over it. man i miss uncharted 2.

At one point I owned the US versions of Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shining Force III on Saturn and Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle, and Valkyrie Profile on PSX.

I don't know what I sold them for but it certainly wasn't worth it. At least the PSX games got rereleases or remakes, those Saturn ones still sting like a mother.

Other notable games I sold at various times include Popful Mail on Sega CD, the import version of Sokyugurentai for PSX, and Dungeons and Dragons collection on the Saturn.

I bought Blazblue just to troll and hate on it. I also got in game skill and knowledge on it to hate on it even harder. I hate on the game so much, despite having technical proficiency in how to play it and what's going on, just to ruin everyone elses good time on it.

I learned how to ground pound on KOF games where it's nearly unblockable online due to the point of only being able to react to it within a frame. I use it mainly on Kyo, Ash Iori and K' users.

[quote name='kburns10']I actually liked the first True Crimes: Streets of L.A...[/QUOTE]

I can top that.

I liked 50 Cent Bulletproof

I hadn't played a Resident Evil game until 0 on Gamecube and the only one I have played from beginning to the end is 4.

I'm another person who didn't play a Metal Gear until 4.

I haven't played single player on a Call of Duty since 2.

I'm a huge Nintendo fan and haven't played any actual games on my Wii yet :(

In Perfect Dark multiplayer I used to sneak up behind players and hold a grenade. We'd both die but it was hilarious.

My friend used to troll the hell out of me in WCW/NWO revenge by constantly putting me in the same submission move. He's such weak sauce at playing them.

In Goldeneye and then PD multiplayer I used to throw a remote mine onto somebody and detonate it minutes later when they didn't expect it.

Whenever possible I mute BG music. This is a habit that originated with DOOM (I think?) and was reinforced by Tie Fighter, Quake, and other annoying mid-90s MIDI shenanigans.

Ever since then I don't even bother sampling, I just find Options > Sound and turn the Music slider way the hell down. I have been told this is a sin from soundtrack enthusiasts.

So it beats the shit out of me what Trent Reznor did for Quake, or what some theme in Azeroth sounds like, or whatever generic strings did for the mood in some shitty game. I'd have muted the goddamn cake song if Valve would've let me. Don't push your bullshit music on me.

I have yet to go "Platinum" on any game I've ever owned...except Super Mario Kart on the SNES. I'm still missing a few energy containers in Super Metroid, haven't completed all the side missions in Ocarina of Time, nor won every belt in every division in Fight Night. Predator missions in Arkhams Asylum and City give me the flux and I'm pretty sure I didn't complete those extra combat challenges in one of the God of War games.

I never made it through Super Mario Brothers without dying at least once.

I only do it whenever people do it to me but on Fat Princess I would respawn as the enemy and continuously spam the megabomb at their castle.

[quote name='davo1224']
My friend used to troll the hell out of me in WCW/NWO revenge by constantly putting me in the same submission move. He's such weak sauce at playing them.[/QUOTE]
That reminds me of when I used to play the old Pro Wrestling game on the NES with a buddy or two in the 90's at our one friends house. I'd always use Fighter Hayabusa and just keep brain kicking my one friend since I didn't know any of the other moves.:whistle2:# I would position Hayabusa in the right spot near my friends' character so that as soon as he'd get up I'd brain kick him again.:lol:

Paying full price for games at launch and then never getting around to playing them.

Rage quitting in Fortune Street online because I had other things to do.

Not playing through lots of RPGs recently because they were too hard.

Sold my copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 for Dreamcast for about $12 at Gamestop. I got excited because I thought that was a lot. Looked online a year later because I was curious and my immediate reaction was "Motherfuck!"

[quote name='2DMention']Paying full price for games at launch and then never getting around to playing them.[/QUOTE]
:cry:That was a major sin of mine a couple of years ago when I had about a grand in GS credit from flipping. I pre-ordered and bought games like Just Cause 2 on release day and I never finished them yet. About the only title from that time that I think I finished was Red Dead Redemption, but that was a game I just couldn't put down once I started playing.

[quote name='dothog']Whenever possible I mute BG music. This is a habit that originated with DOOM (I think?) and was reinforced by Tie Fighter, Quake, and other annoying mid-90s MIDI shenanigans.

Ever since then I don't even bother sampling, I just find Options > Sound and turn the Music slider way the hell down. I have been told this is a sin from soundtrack enthusiasts.

So it beats the shit out of me what Trent Reznor did for Quake, or what some theme in Azeroth sounds like, or whatever generic strings did for the mood in some shitty game. I'd have muted the goddamn cake song if Valve would've let me. Don't push your bullshit music on me.[/QUOTE]
I do this a lot, too. I have to really like the music of a game not to replace it with English folk-rock. Metroid Prime? You get to keep your music. Tribes Ascend (which youd should totally all come play with me, 'cause it's free) gets to keep its music 'cause the bit that comes when you grab the flag is great.

The worst are the games that play music during cutscenes even when you have music turned off. Damn you, Mass Effect.

bread's done
Back