Kinect Sensor w/ Fruit Ninja, Gunstringers, Adventures $69.99/$74.99 AWD

[quote name='dinobot']Where does it say codes are unused?

Thanks in advanced. :)[/QUOTE]

It doesn't say they're used in the description. If you look at other items sold by Warehouse Deals, sometimes it will be mentioned that codes are used.

[quote name='mac101010']It doesn't say they're used in the description. If you look at other items sold by Warehouse Deals, sometimes it will be mentioned that codes are used.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was looking for something more explicit. I bought one, hope it comes with though.

that's really tempting... even though I'm not sure I can even really use the Kinect due to space constraints

must hold out for them to release one like the upcoming Kinect for Windows that can see things closer to it

[quote name='buckythekat']that's really tempting... even though I'm not sure I can even really use the Kinect due to space constraints

must hold out for them to release one like the upcoming Kinect for Windows that can see things closer to it[/QUOTE]

Just get the Nyko Zoom. It's a lens you put over the Kinect that lets it work in smaller spaces. I don't have one, so I can't attest to its effectiveness, but it does exist.

Just got my "Like New" Kinect from Amazon Warehouse and it's missing both the Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja codes. Kinect Adventures is sealed, but the downloadable codes are flat-out missing. Needless to say I'll be complaining to Amazon. Wish me luck.

Any other stories out there?

Considering you aren't buying new you shouldn't be expecting new including unused codes.

On a side note, you can buy the gunstringer and fruit ninja kinect code voucher on eBay for $10 on average, sometimes cheaper.

[quote name='HydroX']Considering you aren't buying new you shouldn't be expecting new including unused codes.

On a side note, you can buy the gunstringer and fruit ninja kinect code voucher on eBay for $10 on average, sometimes cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Except that many sellers on there say that the codes are not included and yet Amazon didn't - I therefore assume that everything stated on the product page would be included. I don't think that's an unfair assumption.

In any event, they're giving me a partial refund of $15 for the missing codes so I'm pretty happy.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']Just get the Nyko Zoom. It's a lens you put over the Kinect that lets it work in smaller spaces. I don't have one, so I can't attest to its effectiveness, but it does exist.[/QUOTE]

I've heard mixed reviews about that thing.

Thanks for the link op
31.gif

[quote name='HydroX']Considering you aren't buying new you shouldn't be expecting new including unused codes.

On a side note, you can buy the gunstringer and fruit ninja kinect code voucher on eBay for $10 on average, sometimes cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Considering the title of the product and the product description include the games, yes you should expect them. There are listings on Amazon that are for the sensor only with no games. This is where they should be listed if the games aren't included. Or they should at the very least state that it is incomplete (or that it might be missing codes like other AWD descriptions do). Selling it without the listed games would be like selling it without the cables and using the excuse that it's used so you shouldn't expect them.

Yoinked the $65 version. Here's to hoping Fruit Ninja and Gunstringer are included...and hoping my wife shuts the F@%$ up about this POS.

[quote name='jsivley']Considering the title of the product and the product description include the games, yes you should expect them. There are listings on Amazon that are for the sensor only with no games. This is where they should be listed if the games aren't included. Or they should at the very least state that it is incomplete (or that it might be missing codes like other AWD descriptions do). Selling it without the listed games would be like selling it without the cables and using the excuse that it's used so you shouldn't expect them.[/QUOTE]

Selling without the games is like selling without the cables? You would be stupid to think that is of the same context. The title of the product is what it is because they likely scanned the UPC and that's what the item description automatically puts up, so that's what it's listed as. Amazon doesn't pick and choose each item and individually list them like this is eBay or some shit.

People will bitch about anything though, so I shouldn't be surprised about this by any means.

I caved and ordered the 74.99 one a few days ago when this was first posted. Thanks OP!

However, I'm here to report that it arrived today and that I didn't receive the codes either. I got the Kinect and Kinect Adventures... I also complained because my reciept lists that it also included Gunstringer, and there was no mention of Fruit Ninja either, but I'm assuming you get both as per what was posted here.

The only options they offered me is returning it for a refund in full, or a refund of 20% if I keep it. I'm alright with the 20% refund... I just explained that it DID state I would receive Gunstringer as well. Hoping for the best, but I'll take what I can get. This one was a mistake, but for the price, I won't complain too much. They did good by me in my opinion. I hope anyone else who ordered gets them though.

I got one of these during the Gohastings sale they had last year, didnt like it/didnt have the space...this offer sounded tempting but without the codes I can again wait.

My $65 version arrived today with the sensor in very-good, used condition. Kinect Adventures was still sealed, and The Gunstringer/Fruit Ninja DLCs were also unused, and present. Yay!

Got my bundle today. Not only did I not get any codes, my Kinect Adventures disc was a big scratch ring (disc won't read now). Sigh... Amazon offered a full refund no alternatives though.

Just for anyone: Amazon has dropped the price of their kinect sensor (new) to $99 so jump on that guys.

I think I may get one.

bread's done
Back