- - - - -

Pre-Order Starhawk and get free upgrade to Limited Edition @ Gamestop

#31 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'm going to try to stop by Gamestop tomorrow and get a LE.

#32 mkernan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3190 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

Just FYI, they did the cool reversible cover art thing, but the flipside back cover is printed upside-down (in mine, anyway). Also, they've apparently failed to include the PS+ voucher and '$10 off headset' coupon (sounds like they're looking into it though).

Still way better than buying a non-LE somewhere else IMO, but just telling you as an FYI.
Posted Image

#33 darrenaw9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Would you guys pay 60+tax for the LE or 40 no tax for the standard version? Is the LE worth the extra 20 bucks?

#34 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

Would you guys pay 60+tax for the LE or 40 no tax for the standard version? Is the LE worth the extra 20 bucks?

Where are you getting the standard edition for $40?

#35 rvdrock   Master Of The Ellipsis CAGiversary!   1475 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

The makers of this game announced today that all map packs will be free, so I just don't see the added value. However they are both 60 so to each their own.

#36 Brother Daz   Scotch and yes? CAGiversary!   7736 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Brother Daz

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:51 PM

I had a gift card for walmart for $20 so I just went with the standard for $40 OOP. Since all the DLC will be free, I'd imagine the LE DLC to show up for everyone in the near future (at least the maps, dont care about the skins really).

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#37 Demonkadar   Customer Service Slave CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

In the store's signage for the Limited Edition it advertised one free month of Playstation Plus as well. I'm not planning to open mine or else I'd confirm or deny that.

I didn't receive the any extra time on my Playstation Plus so I emailed GameStop. I will let everyone know what they say.

#38 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   8435 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

Still trying to decide whether or not to get this. Doesnt appear like the LE is rare, every single gamestop here has it (And you can still buy it online).

The lack of hype and the way Warhawk ended out keep scaring me away though. (Plus, i HATE massive shooters where it just turns into the majority of both teams sniping, with 2 or 3 others trying to ninja through bushes to get into bases)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 KidInTheHall   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

KidInTheHall

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:10 AM

I just picked mine up, I got the free 30 days on the receipt. It's a standard PSN code.

#40 Demonkadar   Customer Service Slave CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:15 AM

I just picked mine up, I got the free 30 days on the receipt. It's a standard PSN code.

No code on either of my reciepts

#41 KidInTheHall   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

KidInTheHall

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:39 AM

Hmmm, I only got the one receipt and a little past the middle heading down is the PS Plus code and then a survey section.

#42 Dtrain12   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   176 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:44 AM

I just got back from gamestop, walked in and bought LE no pre-order.

thanks

where is this available for 40???

#43 ynocturnal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   97 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

ynocturnal

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

Hmmm, I only got the one receipt and a little past the middle heading down is the PS Plus code and then a survey section.

Same here and I didn't pre-order so it should print for everyone. Yet, on the Playstation blog for those that claim it wasn't included in the case... Morgan Haro on May 8th, 2012 at 4:02 pm said: This is being looked into now and the Starhawk team is aware. We’ll get you covered, stay tuned for details.

#44 GreyFox787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

GreyFox787

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

I didn't pre-order...there were still LE copies left, though, so I picked one up. No PS+ code on the receipt...LE voucher in case, but no $10-off headset coupon. And lulz @ the upside-down artwork.

#45 Symphonix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

hmm...i preordered as well and no ps plus in the game or on the receipt...how are we supposed to get it now? lulz...

#46 Demonkadar   Customer Service Slave CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

hmm...i preordered as well and no ps plus in the game or on the receipt...how are we supposed to get it now? lulz...

Sue game stop? LOL JK

#47 I OU a Beatn   GO GATORS! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

I OU a Beatn

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

I was able to get the LE without preordering as well. From the way the cashier talked, they had a bunch of LEs for people that didn't preorder.

630736.png

#48 maxiell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

They had a bunch of LEs behind the counter when I was there this morning checking on my free month of Playstation Plus.

The manager tried to print out my code on a receipt. He was unsuccessful, so he asked me to come back tomorrow or give a call and I could get it over the phone. YMMV and we'll see if this actually happens tomorrow.

#49 ravens52bears54   Thin Blue Line CAGiversary!   939 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ravens52bears54

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

I was able to get the LE without preordering as well. From the way the cashier talked, they had a bunch of LEs for people that didn't preorder.

Every store is different. The one I stopped in this morning, to get my LE, only had two extra that weren't for pre-orders. I called a different one yesterday and they said they had five.

Either way, I got mine without a pre-order. Pretty sweet deal.

#50 NolbertoS   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

Never heard of this game but how is it? Any chances it'll be cheaper down the road or the LE's will still be around? I'm not a big fan of buying CE's upon release
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#51 I OU a Beatn   GO GATORS! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

I OU a Beatn

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

My Gamestop had around 10 copies of the LE and I was told that after the first wave is gone, that's it. It just includes some digital items so it's not really that big of a deal anyway, but since it's the same price as the regular version, you might as well get it if you're already planning on buying the game.

As for the game, the campaign is extremely short(duh), but that's because it's a game built completely around the multiplayer, which is a blast. If you like 3rd person online shooters, you'll probably get some enjoyment out of it. For what it's worth, IGN gave it a 9 and said it's the premiere online shooter for the PS3.

630736.png

#52 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   4709 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

Got my pre-order yesterday/Tuesday morning, no PS+ code on the receipt. I didn't even know there was an offer for a month of PS+ code until now. I knew there was a free upgrade to the limited edition. Figured it was just some DLC maps for free.

#53 Jcaugustine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Jcaugustine

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

My Gamestop had around 10 copies of the LE and I was told that after the first wave is gone, that's it. It just includes some digital items so it's not really that big of a deal anyway, but since it's the same price as the regular version, you might as well get it if you're already planning on buying the game.

As for the game, the campaign is extremely short(duh), but that's because it's a game built completely around the multiplayer, which is a blast. If you like 3rd person online shooters, you'll probably get some enjoyment out of it. For what it's worth, IGN gave it a 9 and said it's the premiere online shooter for the PS3.

I know Sony will release those DLC's for sale someday, just don't know how long.

It took Sony almost 6-8 months for Infamous 1, and still nothing on Twisted Metal's Axel DLC.

#54 backseatdog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3028 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

backseatdog

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

I pre-ordered this game a little over a month ago and when I picked it up, I got the PSN 30-day Membership code printed on my receipt.

#55 Dtrain12   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   176 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:46 AM

didnt preorder and i got the ps+ code on my receipt with the LE no problem

#56 Thomas96   I am Thomaticus! CAGiversary!   5941 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

The demo was good.....I'm hoping that the single player campaign is good, cause I don't wanta 60 dollar online only game.
Posted Image

#57 chicagocubsfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1391 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

chicagocubsfan

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:01 AM

The demo was good.....I'm hoping that the single player campaign is good, cause I don't wanta 60 dollar online only game.

Prepare to be disappointed because the single player, while fun is short and kind of like a tutorial to the mp. The gameplay is amazing though.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#58 EdgeOfThorns   God of RPGs CAGiversary!   600 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

EdgeOfThorns

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:32 AM

Great game, loving it.

#59 Symphonix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

Great game, loving it.

I concur. Slight learning curve if you havent played warhawk before. Once you get the hang of it though, really fun.

People been complaining that the hawks are OP. I say, learn how to build anti air and actually use it yourself. Or learn how to fly a Hawk, air battles can be fun.

Also, i called Gamestop customer support about my missing PS+ code, guy said i would get a response via email within 48 hours. Not sure if they will email my code or do further inquiries though. I knew i shouldnt have picked it up at 10 AM on Tuesday, seems like they fixed their error later in the day and started printing them on the receipts...

#60 maxiell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

Just to conclude the tale of the wayward PS+ code, I went in today with my LE/no pre-order receipt, they looked it up, were able to print out my code, and now I'm good to go. Never used PS+ before, so should be interesting.