FREE 30-day trial of Playstation Plus with select Ps3 game purchse.

I've been eyeing GT5 XL for a while now... any idea if this will stack on existing accounts? Not outlined in the TOS.

I wonder if these 30 day PS+ trials with these games are like the ones they packed in with the holiday bundles or gave away free to some PSN members, where you needed to put a cc# on file with them just to sign up to use them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I wonder if these 30 day PS+ trials with these games are like the ones they packed in with the holiday bundles or gave away free to some PSN members, where you needed to put a cc# on file with them just to sign up to use them.[/QUOTE]

Yep....

* Terms and Conditions
Additional Information:
A credit card is required to redeem your PlayStation®Plus 30-day trial, but you will receive this trial without charge. Unless you cancel your subscription at least one day prior to the end of the 30-day trial, your trial will automatically convert to a 3-month PlayStation Plus subscription, and $17.99 will automatically be deducted from your PlayStation wallet according to the PlayStation Network Terms of Service and User Agreement. This 3-month subscription will continue and automatically renew until you cancel it. You may cancel your subscription via the account management on your PSN account or by contacting customer support at 877-971-7669. Codes expire August 30, 2012.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I wonder if these 30 day PS+ trials with these games are like the ones they packed in with the holiday bundles or gave away free to some PSN members, where you needed to put a cc# on file with them just to sign up to use them.[/QUOTE]

You just need a CC# on file whenever you redeem the code for PS+. I'm pretty sure you can just remove the CC# after you redeem the code.

[quote name='Akimitsu782']You just need a CC# on file whenever you redeem the code for PS+. I'm pretty sure you can just remove the CC# after you redeem the code.[/QUOTE] exactly

Once you give Sony your personal information, they will still have it even if you remove it or cancel your account. It is part of there retention policy, and this is usually the case with other large companies.

We will retain personally identifying information about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, and as necessary under our information security and data backup procedures, unless a longer retention period is required by law or regulations or other legal requirements.
-PSN Privacy Policy

[quote name='htz']Once you give Sony your personal information, they will still have it even if you remove it or cancel your account. It is part of there retention policy, and this is usually the case with other large companies.

-PSN Privacy Policy[/QUOTE]
Just because they retain it doesn't mean they can use it.

[quote name='cusoman']Just because they retain it doesn't mean they can use it.[/QUOTE]

Well the hackers will use it. You can also use the card and then ask your card issuer to cancel and reissue you a new credit card number.

bread's done
Back