Radiant Historia reprinting preorders $34.99

watcher0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just received an email from Atlus that they're reprinting after all the fan harassment/pleading/whining.

Looks like some sites are ready for preordering the reprint. Soundtrack not included in reprints.

So far posted prices are 34.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CVWETI/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

http://www.ebgames.ca/ds/games/radiant-historia/307870

Just a quick edit. Gaming news sites are reporting that the reprint goes on sale in March, though I haven't seen an exact date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this game any good? The videos on amazon made it look like crap (although I guess I see where FFXIII-2 got it's inspiration from). I mean, if it's enough to get a reprint I guess it can't be terrible. But MSRP makes me feel this isn't much of a deal. :/

I really enjoyed it. The music (while a bit sparse in amount of tracks) was pretty nice, the protagonist isn't some dumbfounded idiot, and the traveling to different points in time is done in an interesting way.

As far as length, I think it took me 30-35 hours to beat it, just left a few sidequests undone.

http://www.atlus.com/radianthistoria/

It is official for anyone wondering.

[quote name='callmewoof']Is this game any good? The videos on amazon made it look like crap (although I guess I see where FFXIII-2 got it's inspiration from). I mean, if it's enough to get a reprint I guess it can't be terrible. But MSRP makes me feel this isn't much of a deal. :/[/QUOTE]

If you're a fan of SNES era RPGs, then you should enjoy this game. Personally, it's my favorite RPG of the since the PS1 days... I loved every minute of the game.

If you like western RPGs (open world, multiple options) and/or the newer JRPGs (flash/style over substance) they have out these days, then you probably won't enjoy it.

It'll probably be around this time so you could probably get it cheaper if you wait.

well considering the last batch of them went for 60-80 on ebay...i'd say 35 is a deal for anyone who actually WANTS the game...thanks op.

[quote name='proKoyeon']well considering the last batch of them went for 60-80 on ebay...i'd say 35 is a deal for anyone who actually WANTS the game...thanks op.[/QUOTE]

Is it though? Megaman X Collection used to fetch a decent price, and now it's like $10 for a new copy on Amazon. I think reprint announcements can be a grey area on CAG, on the plus side it helps notify people that they can get in on a hard-to-find game, but it also isn't really a deal.

[quote name='iamsmart']Is it though? Megaman X Collection used to fetch a decent price, and now it's like $10 for a new copy on Amazon. I think reprint announcements can be a grey area on CAG, on the plus side it helps notify people that they can get in on a hard-to-find game, but it also isn't really a deal.[/QUOTE]

I think anyone who pays $35 for this instead of $60 on ebay considers it a deal.

People need to understand that MSRP doesn't automatically = not a deal.

For those who have been wanting to get something that had been previously out of print it becomes a deal even if it is MSRP. It is still a deal until it is available, then it's just the usual price. Thanks for the thread I missed my chance when it was 25 for awhile and have been looking at many places and local stores trying to find a copy.

Maybe it will go down to DQV levels eventually, that game is now $15! But not bad at $35, better than paying $80 on ebay.

So it's just the game only...Eh. & amazing how publishers still have the balls to charge more than $30 for handheld games, even $20+ is pushing it.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']So it's just the game only...Eh. & amazing how publishers still have the balls to charge more than $30 for handheld games, even $20+ is pushing it.[/QUOTE]

don't understand supply and demand? :roll:

[quote name='iamsmart']Is it though? Megaman X Collection used to fetch a decent price, and now it's like $10 for a new copy on Amazon. I think reprint announcements can be a grey area on CAG, on the plus side it helps notify people that they can get in on a hard-to-find game, but it also isn't really a deal.[/QUOTE]

I would say that this is beneficial to many people. And we don't need anymore "not a deal" posts since Gargus is gone (but I guess someone could take his place).

It actually is as copies aren't going to be running rampant. Megaman X Collection for the PS2 received several large reprints that were distributed to multiple retailers so the market was flooded. Dragon Quest 5 was the same way. It spikes up in value a lot, but their reprints were on a large scale so Amazon has thousands to get rid of.

Radiant Historia has seen a previous reprint but nothing on a large scale. I don't see Atlus flooding the market with copies, so I wouldn't be at all shocked to see copies of the reprint bought up within a week at which case you will see the prices spike up again.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']This is great for people that missed out :) Stinks for collectors like myself, less value :([/QUOTE]

Not really, because a) this is the second reprint, and b) first run has the OST and outer box, which is what collectors would want.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']So it's just the game only...Eh. & amazing how publishers still have the balls to charge more than $30 for handheld games, even $20+ is pushing it.[/QUOTE]

:drool:

U off your podium now? Yes, there are plenty of games on the PSP, DS, etc that are worth more than $20, have you never played the Fire Emblems, Tactics Ogre, Advance Wars, etc etc? Get real!

Back on topic, yes this game is pretty great and won't be finished in 5-6 hours like a lot of console games I could speak of. Solid buy for RPG fans if you missed the 1st time. :applause:

[quote name='elessar123']Not really, because a) this is the second reprint, and b) first run has the OST and outer box, which is what collectors would want.[/QUOTE]

That first batch of non-CD copies really wasn't a "reprint" since that was just a normal batch after the pre-order (1st print) versions ran out. There was no real gap between the two.

[quote name='Vinny']That first batch of non-CD copies really wasn't a "reprint" since that was just a normal batch after the pre-order (1st print) versions ran out. There was no real gap between the two.[/QUOTE]

There was a few months in between the CD version selling out, and the vanilla version. The CD version sold out by February, and I don't think the vanilla version was available til the summer. At least, that's what I remember, because I remember having a hard time getting a play copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
to be fair wasn't it $39.99? I had it preordered with OST but canceled few days before it came out :bomb:

reprints should all have 2nd edition etc printed. I was so pissed when Disgaea got reprinted.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I was so pissed when Disgaea got reprinted.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I bought a used copy for $65 on ebay a few months before the reprint. Oh well, worth every penny. :lol:

One the best original RPG on the DS only rivaled by The World Ends with You in my opinion.

If you like RPGs to any degree and have a DS, this game is a must have.

i bought it 3 weeks ago from amazon for 59.99 used in like new condition. Good thing i have a week to return it and get get a new copy for cheaper.

Great game, likable characters, engaging grid-based battle system, and the time travel mechanic and how that ties into the branching storyline is really well done. Soundtrack is also great. About 50 hours to unlock all the events and see all the endings in one playthrough.

Oh, if someone already has the game WITH the case and cover intact, would you be willing to scan it for me and send it to me? I have the game, but it came with the cartridge ONLY. I got an empty case, but I can't find the cover online.

[quote name='destro4eva']:drool:
U off your podium now? [/QUOTE]
YOU realize what site we're on? I think i have a right to criticize handheld games for being more than $20, I don't care how good they are when they're still just 64-128 MB worth of data in a piece of plastic. Then again, that's why I have an Acekard.

[quote name='SaraAB']Maybe it will go down to DQV levels eventually, that game is now $15![/QUOTE]

Not if it goes out of print again it won't! Lol

[quote name='UberNinjaz']YOU realize what site we're on? I think i have a right to criticize handheld games for being more than $20, I don't care how good they are when they're still just 64-128 MB worth of data in a piece of plastic. Then again, that's why I have an Acekard.[/QUOTE]

So you just pirate your games then?
Tells us more.

Also, that's the dumbest reasoning I have ever heard.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']YOU realize what site we're on? I think i have a right to criticize handheld games for being more than $20, I don't care how good they are when they're still just 64-128 MB worth of data in a piece of plastic. Then again, that's why I have an Acekard.[/QUOTE]

There's a difference between being a cheap ass and being a dumb ass.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']I don't care how good they are when they're still just 64-128 MB worth of data in a piece of plastic.[/QUOTE]

Diamonds are so overpriced, have you seen how small those things are? I'd much rather have a big chunk of sandstone.

[quote name='elessar123']There was a few months in between the CD version selling out, and the vanilla version. The CD version sold out by February, and I don't think the vanilla version was available til the summer. At least, that's what I remember, because I remember having a hard time getting a play copy.[/QUOTE]

Now that I think about it, when I bought it (the first print) it was when someone posted it being back in stock so I took a chance... my mistake then.

I hope this game sells well enough for us to get a sequel though. I'd love to see what happens next.

Ill be in for one.

Also, I bought Marvel vs Capcom 2 on ps2 for $80 the week before they announced the digital remastering.

Let me help you out with a few things. First, there's more involved than just plastic - flash memory costs actual money. Maybe it's not expensive in bulk, but it's still not free. Second, quite a bit of work had to be put into creating the 64-128 MB worth of data to put on that flash - work by people that have bills and families to support. Try generating 128MB of random data and sticking it on your flash cart and let me know how it plays.

My guess is that you're also of the mindset that rich people should give you money based on the fact that they're rich and you're not.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']This is great for people that missed out :) Stinks for collectors like myself, less value :([/QUOTE]

fuck off with your collector mentality bullshit.

bread's done
Back