The OTT celebrates Single's Awareness Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valentine's Day is a stupid hallmark holiday, but only people who aren't getting any truly hate it. You can give a woman a compliment on Valentine's and she will melt. I guess you will have to buy yourself a rose and touch yourself, like last year.

[quote name='TheRock88']This Linsanity thing is crazy. Wonder if it would be just as big if it was just another white guy.[/QUOTE]

We're talking about the NBA, it would still be a big deal if it was a white guy.

I love watching the guy play so far.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Linsanity?[/QUOTE]
Jeremy Lin, undrafted 2nd year player from Harvard. Played 4 games for the Knicks so far and has been tearing it up.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Who voted this thread 1 star? I demand a ban![/QUOTE]

Be careful what you wish for.

I'll have valentines day off. And what the romantic day it will be. what with two kids running around and a 2 month old constantly needing to nurse or be held.

Then again, too many romantic valentne's day (with "Alone Time") is what got us into this mess in the first place.

I wasn't single up until last month. I had a great girlfriend for two years. She was a college freshman when I was a senior. She's in her junior year now, and a freshman guy started working on campus with her. We have sort of a long distance relationship, since I live about an hour away and I have a job which keeps me busy from 9-5. And she's asian, so her parents are really strict with curfews and what she can and can't do.

This guy she works with became friends with her pretty quickly. He started texting her all the time, and he began asking her out to social things with some other co-workers--shopping, movies, etc. She never declined him. :( I asked her not to go, and I told her that I was worried about this "friendship" she had. Her father said the same thing to her. She always wanted to go with him, in addition to working with him and texting and Facebooking or whatever else they did. Every Friday, like a routine date. We used to have routine dates on Wednesdays, when I didn't have to work. And they did the stuff we used to do on our dates. I thought she could decline for us, but she didn't. I thought asking her to be less friendly would make him be less inclined to ask. But they're persistent as shit, I guess.

On January 20th, I found out she was in his dorm room on his bed with him for a few hours. She told me she went there to drink and talk about how awful she felt for the way she was treating me. :( They drank and watched a movie together, and that was it. Since November, I had asked her to maybe tone it down a little, to compromise with me about going out with this guy every Friday. But she just continued to take it further and make things worse. She asked me to break up with her the night before, because I didn't deserve to be treated so poorly. That night, I did break up with her. She went out shopping with him yesterday after Skyping with him all night.

I told her that I really love her, and I do, but she would have to change this for my sake if she really loved me back. Then she said she can't tell me she loves me because it's too painful. The last thing I said was, "You like him like you used to like me, don't you? Romantically, like more than a friend?" Her response was, "What if I said yes?"

I fucking loved that girl. I was crazy about her. I was the one who asked her out, and I did all of the firsts. She asked me to take her virginity as a birthday present. I wanted to fucking marry her and live with her in a nice, big house with a couple of kids. And I fucking got replaced. I just had enough balls to break up with her before sustaining any more irreparable damage.

So I say fuck relationships and Valentine's Day. Get out your booze and get wasted as fuck because that's what this holiday is about for us new singles.

[quote name='Blade']I just had enough balls to break up with her before sustaining any more irreparable damage.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, you should have had the balls to break up with her after the first time she essentially went on a date with another dude.

You don't ask your girlfriend to "tone it down" if she's going out with another guy every Friday night, you break that shit off right then and there.

She played you man, and it sounds like she did it right in front of your face and you just couldn't see it.

[quote name='blindinglights']Honestly, you should have had the balls to break up with her after the first time she essentially went on a date with another dude.

You don't ask your girlfriend to "tone it down" if she's going out with another guy every Friday night, you break that shit off right then and there.

She played you man, and it sounds like she did it right in front of your face and you just couldn't see it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much.

On January 20th, I found out she was in his dorm room on his bed with him for a few hours. She told me she went there to drink and talk about how awful she felt for the way she was treating me. :( They drank and watched a movie together, and that was it. Since November, I had asked her to maybe tone it down a little, to compromise with me about going out with this guy every Friday. But she just continued to take it further and make things worse. She asked me to break up with her the night before, because I didn't deserve to be treated so poorly. That night, I did break up with her. She went out shopping with him yesterday after Skyping with him all night.

Are you saying she asked you to break up with her the night before they hung out and "drank and watched movies"? If that's the case, she asked you to break up with her the night before so she could fuck him without any guilt. She'd feel guilty ending things with you to hook up with him, but if you ended things, she'd get off guilty free.

But as blindinglights said, she played you, and apparently has been for quite a while. Be glad you're out of that situation.

Blade, at least you didn't let it go on long enough to the point where you're going on the Maury Show for a paternity test. If she does try to take you back, make sure to stand up for yourself and move on. As much as I'm not into Valentine's Day, it's one of the few days in retail when I like working there. Why? Because many of the women shoppers are in a good/horny mood and not complaining over the price of tampons and things.

Well, I don't remember what he said exactly, but it was something along the lines of "omg this is going to be the worst movie evar." Then I called him a dipshit. Turns out I was right!

[quote name='Blade']We have sort of a long distance relationship, since I live about an hour away and I have a job which keeps me busy from 9-5.[/QUOTE]

An hour away? Dude thats not a long distance relation ship. Try about 800-1200 miles...

And yeah, you got played. Were it me, I'd want to beat the living shit out of that co worker

This Jennifer Aniston?

jennifer-aniston-horrible-bosses-screencaps-03.jpg

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yeah, but there's nobody over the age of 30 that I'd touch.[/QUOTE]

Must be somebody who looks like Tom Cruise over here. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back