Ideas with what to do with a dead cube?

HotJuicyBurgers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Allright, so here's the deal, I went to play my gameboy player over the weekend and it looked like my gamecube wasn't even spinning the discs. I took that whole bad boy apart, and I thought it was a problem with the motor. Anyways, today I got a used cube off of craigslist for 10 bucks, but the outer casing was literally miserable looking. Opened that one up, took out the optical drive and slapped it in my cube, now works good as new. Also, the one I got off craig's was platinum, and didn't match with my game boy player anyways, so I was thinking even before I got it that i was gonna do something like that.

My question to you all is this, What do I do with this extra Gamecube lying around?

The best idea i've found so far it to make it into a lunchbox, which I honestly thought was kind of clever. (It's even got that handle!) Anyone else have any cool ideas? I want to try and save the other components of the cube in case something else where to ever happen to my cube, but as for the case, i'm totally up for messing around with it.

Edit: I just realized I'm probably the only person to post something here in a long time. Kind of sad actually...

If you do a lunch box, take pictures of the process and make/post a blog about the process. I'd go buy a 'Cube to make into a lunch box if I saw how someone else did it.

[quote name='mrx001']Wear it as a chain on your neck.Bling straight up gansta.[/QUOTE]

This is what Nintendo always envisioned the handle being used for.

[quote name='Strell']This is what Nintendo always envisioned the handle being used for.[/QUOTE]

yeaaahhh boiiiiiii!!!

[quote name='62t']I am talking about e-waste

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_waste

and you are not going to be using every single parts. Please think of the environment.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying stop smashing electronics with a hammer and dumping it into the nearby lake or .... what?

What if I just burn it with my weekly styrofoam burn pile? It goes up pretty quick I do start it with a torch from air freshener cans.

Anyways, no ideas besides a lunchbox? I also saw someone squeeze a computer in the cube, but i'm not too sure I'd want to do that. It would be cool and all, but the kind of computer i'd be able to squeeze in that small space wouldn't be too powerful.

and you are not going to be using every single parts. Please think of the environment.[/QUOTE]

Also, in my first post I said I'd be keeping the inside components incase something else in my cube broke. Not like i'm just tossing it in the trash.

[quote name='strikeratt']So are you saying stop smashing electronics with a hammer and dumping it into the nearby lake or .... what?

What if I just burn it with my weekly styrofoam burn pile? It goes up pretty quick I do start it with a torch from air freshener cans.[/QUOTE]

Also, in my first post I said I'd be keeping the inside components incase something else in my cube broke. Not like i'm just tossing it in the trash.

I think your best bet is some variation of "box to put things in." I want to say I remember someone making tissue boxes out of Gamecubes. A quick spin on Etsy shows that someone made a "stash box," which may or may not have legal repercussions. Or sexy repercussions. Maybe you use it to store socks you lost the matching counterpart to.

I'll try to think of more.

[quote name='Strell']New thought: Companion Cube.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a great idea for a paint job. Would a gamecube painted as a companion cube made into a lunchbox be too much?

Take it out in a field and go crazy on it with a baseball bat like they did on the printer in Office Space. And make a video out of it with slow motion video of the destruction and badass music playing, it's destined to be the next viral video on youtube.

Seriously, lunch box does sound pretty cool.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']That sounds like a great idea for a paint job. Would a gamecube painted as a companion cube made into a lunchbox be too much?[/QUOTE]

Do this and report back immediately with pics. Thanks.

bread's done
Back