[DEAD] Pre-order Mass Effect 3 , Get BF3 for free on Origin (PC)

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/pbPage.me3

This actually isn't a bad deal at all, since I don't see many sales on the PC version of ME3, and for $20 more you can get Battlefield 3 and the other digital goodies.

EDIT: Looks like it works with the standard edition too? I got this from the examiner and I could have sworn it said Deluxe only, ah well, editing the title.

Also the PC demo is LIVE! Launch Origin and get it from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I had already preordered the Digital Deluxe version on PC. Might as well move from Amazon to Origin and get BF3 for free. Killer deal!

RE: Demo on Origin
I don't know if this is fixed yet or not, but once you install a "free" game on Origin (e.g. any free demo), it sticks around in your game library and you can't remove it. I had to contact Origin support to get them to remove the Kingdoms of Amalur demo from my library. So if you get the ME3 demo and then buy the game on Origin, it's possible you'll have it show up twice, one of them with the "free" label on the pic.

This only matters if you're care about these things. I do, they really bug me.

Great deal if you dont have bf3 because i dont think they will email you the code to sell it, they will just add it to your library. or maybe im wrong does anyone know? it will be great if you could sell it

Great deal thanks op!!
grin.jpg

the page says "Prepare to enter the battle! Instructions on how to redeem your bonus PC Digital Download copy of Battlefield 3™ will be sent to you via email when Mass Effect™ 3 is released.". I don't want BF3 at all, but I have a friend who loves shooters that would want it. So I hope it's a key.

great deal.. but where is it mentioned about the digital deluxe version? It just says that buy ME3 and get BF3. It doesn't even say that you need to buy the digital version of ME3.

[quote name='mysoor2000']great deal.. but where is it mentioned about the digital deluxe version? It just says that buy ME3 and get BF3. It doesn't even say that you need to buy the digital version of ME3.[/QUOTE]

Page shows "Origin Pre-Order Offer Details", I would think EA would prefer people preorder from their own service which is why they're giving BF3 free. I wouldn't mind if they did it for all pre-orders though :p, since I have the retail CE preordered through Amazon.

Edit: But you're right, I think this applies to both standard and DD on origin preorders.

Wow that's not too bad, I wish Origin didn't charge tax though.

Just curious, does this work if I preorder through Amazon since it's an Origin-exclusive? I have some Amazon I'd rather use instead of cash.

I wonder if the BF3 code comes seperate or just attaches to your account. I already own BF3 but would sell/trade the code to offset the price a bit.

Great deal considering Origin is the only way you can even get ME3 on the PC. But sucks for those of us who already bought BF3.

That is a pretty good deal, but I already have BF3 and have preordered a physical copy on ME3, so no go for me.

Worth noting:
[quote name='Fine Print']OFFER EXPIRES MARCH 5, 2012. VALID ONLY ON NEW PURCHASES OF MASS EFFECT 3 ("PRODUCT") FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT WWW.ORIGIN.COM AND ONLY FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE A DIGITAL VERSION OF BATTLEFIELD 3 ("BF3"). CUSTOMERS WILL BE EMAILED THE CODE FOR BF3 BY MARCH 8, 2012. VALID ONLY IN US and CANADA.[/quote]

Also, says nothing about the Back to Karkand pack, so if that's important to you, expect to spend another 9.99 on BF3 content.

I've contacted EA support regarding the deal. This is the support lady's response.

Abhishek: let me inform you that if you pre order the game "Mass Effect 3" then you will get the CD key of the game "BF 3" when the game (Mass Effect 3) will release. but you would not able to give it your friend as that game code will associated with your account .

I'm a bit disappointed, since I already have BF3. I was skeptic of ME3 at first, but was blown away by the demo. I'll be desperately checking around for deals on ME3 preorders. Hope this clears things up for fellow CAG users =)

[quote name='Coolicy']I've contacted EA support regarding the deal. This is the support lady's response.

Abhishek: let me inform you that if you pre order the game "Mass Effect 3" then you will get the CD key of the game "BF 3" when the game (Mass Effect 3) will release. but you would not able to give it your friend as that game code will associated with your account .

I'm a bit disappointed, since I already have BF3. I was skeptic of ME3 at first, but was blown away by the demo. I'll be desperately checking around for deals on ME3 preorders. Hope this clears things up for fellow CAG users =)[/QUOTE]

My BS meter is going crazy with that one. They seem to contradict themselves. What's the point of issuing a cd key if they bother associating it with an account. Why not just associate the game? Seems like bs, the question is if it's worth risking being burnt and probably not is the answer.

[quote name='bfett9']can you buy a console version of the game and then get the BF3 Code for PC?[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm wondering. It looks like you can but I'm not sure. I only would want ME3 on the XBox but I do want a copy of BF3 for PC, so this would be great if you're able to do it that way.

So if I buy the Xbox 360 version do I still get the code for BF3, or must I get the digital download version of ME3?

I do not mind the BF3 PC version at all. Just rather have ME3 on my Xbox since my ME2 save is on it.

no kidding? do tell, please :)

i did some googling and can't find a program that goes from xbox to pc...

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']If this helps anyone in their decision, there's a program out there or something that lets you transfer your ME 360 saves to PC and vice versa.[/QUOTE]

Dammit i literally just got BF3 LE for PC in the mail today so i could play with co-workers.

Also does this extend to previous pre-orders? Ive had ME3 CE for the 360 pre-ordered on Origin since August.

[quote name='KaneRobot']That's what I'm wondering. It looks like you can but I'm not sure. I only would want ME3 on the XBox but I do want a copy of BF3 for PC, so this would be great if you're able to do it that way.[/QUOTE]
From the EA Origin Facebook page

"Pre-order Mass Effect 3 today on Origin (any platform) and get a bonus PCDD copy of Battlefield 3 ! Click to pre-order and get more details on the deal"

It would appear you can get a 360 copy of ME3 and get a PCDD of BF3 :)

[quote name='TylerDurden313']From the EA Origin Facebook page

"Pre-order Mass Effect 3 today on Origin (any platform) and get a bonus PCDD copy of Battlefield 3 ! Click to pre-order and get more details on the deal"

It would appear you can get a 360 copy of ME3 and get a PCDD of BF3 :)[/QUOTE]

Thankee.

next question: can i preorder a physical copy of the collector's edition (PC) and get the BF3 key?

EDIT: hurm, looks like i may have missed the boat on the collector's edition anyway. shucks.

Times like this make me wish there was a buyer/deal guarantee for digital goods.
I bought Battlefield 3 for $40 two weeks ago and then this deal pops up.
I was planing on buying Mass Effect 3 at some point later but if I hadn't bought Battlefield 3 I would have jumped on this and happily waited for both games.

It seems for every couple bucks I save on an iPhone app I lose a deal that would save me $50 on AAA games.

Also, PC is easily the best way to play Battlefield 3. Even on low/medium settings it still looks amazing and runs far better than Bad Company 2 ever did for me.

It is sad but I really want the physical items in the CE. I have an old beat up jacket I was thinking of nerdily putting the N7 patch on.

Plus I already have a BF3 on Origin so I would just be selling that code anyways....

Ugh..

I'm to cheap to pay for multiplayer on the 360, so if I can figure out how to transfer saves to pc like he mentioned I might just grab it on origin.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']So, what's everyone's opinion of origin? I've never used it, but this deal is tempting enough to get me to try it out...[/QUOTE]

It's just a game launcher. If you listen to idiots/Steam fanboys, it's the anti-christ, it'll burn your house down, rape your women, pillage your village, remove your games, spy on your PC, etc.

It downloads games way faster than Steam ever did, and it does a fine job at the one thing it really does at the moment, launch games.

i'm getting a new pc rig this week. really hope to get the BF3 key right away, but doesn't seem to be the case. shoot.

this is incredibly tempting even though i was thinking about waiting on me3.

how is the bf3 multiplayer doing?

Since I already have BF3 this doesn't do much for me.

I would much rather it be something like "Pre-Order ME3 and get BF3 (or any game valued at $40 or less)"

It is all the same to EA anyway, although I know they are just doing this to hopefully get some DLC purchases from the BF3 copies.

[quote name='ohdaesu']how is the bf3 multiplayer doing?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this. Or more specifically, how does the community treat casual FPSers? I play a lot FPS, but usually only single-player or co-op (multiplayer is relegated to friends-only type stuff usually, L4D etc). BF3 online isn't full of uber only players already, is it? And do they have newbie servers?

[quote name='BinaryTB']Yeah, this. Or more specifically, how does the community treat casual FPSers? I play a lot FPS, but usually only single-player or co-op (multiplayer is relegated to friends-only type stuff usually, L4D etc). BF3 online isn't full of uber only players already, is it? And do they have newbie servers?[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of great people on..and a lot of not so great people on. If you're decent at FPS games, you'll have no issue. You're just going to be behind on the unlocks

However, try to find a clan to play with over Teamspeak or Xfire/Ventrilo. The PC version lacks VOIP for some incomprehensible reason.

[quote name='BinaryTB']Yeah, this. Or more specifically, how does the community treat casual FPSers? I play a lot FPS, but usually only single-player or co-op (multiplayer is relegated to friends-only type stuff usually, L4D etc). BF3 online isn't full of uber only players already, is it? And do they have newbie servers?[/QUOTE]

On the PC I haven't noticed much of a backlash at new players, I have a theory that it is because most of the really serious players roll with a bunch of clanmates or team members they are on comms with.

There are a lot of "uber" players out there and you will probably die a lot.

My best advice would be to try and round up some friends to squad up with. Even if you aren't the best working together with 3 other people will greatly increase your survival chances, and just how much action you see since it will allow you to consistently spawn near the action (some of the death runs can be pretty long in the game). Even if you can't bring along friends, just jumping in a squad can be very helpful to the game experience since it expands your spawning options in most game modes.

it would probably be difficult to find a noob server. I know there were some initially but for the most part people didn't really obey the "noob" part of the title.

As for the MP game as a whole I find it to be very enjoyable but there are a few maps that A. aren't very good for 32-64 people (I put Metro in this category although I know some people really like it) and B. Are really unbalanced for Rush at just about any server size. Things seem to be decently balanced and once you get 25 or so kills with about any gun you aren't at much of a disadvantage (it can be rough until you get foregrip and some kind of sight, depending on the weapon). Obviously at this point the biggest obstacle will be getting your map and movement knowledge up to a point where you aren't at a disadvantage.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']From the EA Origin Facebook page

It would appear you can get a 360 copy of ME3 and get a PCDD of BF3 :)[/QUOTE]
Are you sure about this? I went through the Origin Facebook page and could not find them saying this at any point.

I would do this in a heartbeat if along with the PC ship version I would get a digital download as well to start playing it the day it releases instead of having to wait a week + to get my game. Gamestop for me I suppose.

bread's done
Back