How to get your free 250mb data session (yes FEB qualifies)

majorscud

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Step 1: sign up and pay for your first month with AT&T (can be any of their Vita plans)

Step 2: go back into the Connect to AT&T application

Step 3: Log in to your account

Step 4: Click on My Devices and Plans

Step 5: Click on your device

Step 6: Scroll down and click on Add a Plan

Step 7: You'll see a button that says you have a coupon, click on it

Step 8: click on the PSVITA coupon and follow the prompts, this will give you one free 250mb session when your first paid session ends

I had a heck of a time figuring out how to do this, had to talk to a Sony rep and an ATT rep. ATT rep confirmed the free game is after your PAID month, not the free one, so we'll get a code emailed to us during our free month.

Super Stardust Delta is the free 3G Vita game you get for paying for a month of service. It comes with the DLC too so it is a $15 value. The down side is you have to wait until your paid month ends to get the code to download it.

[quote name='el swordo']What if I already bought full stardust[/QUOTE]

I remember reading on here that somebody called Sony and they credited the account or something along those lines.

[quote name='skiizim']I remember reading on here that somebody called Sony and they credited the account or something along those lines.[/QUOTE]

worth a shot

I'll be saving this thread for later.

Can all of this be done online or do you need to go to an AT&T location the get the sim card?

[quote name='el swordo']I don't think you need sim card for this pretty sure it's built in. just click on the app and fill in your info to get started[/QUOTE]
It must come with a sim card in it then. I remember seeing that the 3G one has a slot specifically for a sim card.

Man, what a convoluted process!
Thanks op for the step-by-step instructions. They were super helpful and should be stickied somewhere while this Vita/AT&T promo is going on.

Yes. Thanks for posting OP, very helpful.

and... I was one person that called Playstation support and they undid my Super Stardust Delta purchase and refunded the 9.99 to my wallet.

I know this sounds like a silly question, but for those of you that called and were refunded the purchase of SSD were you then unable to play the game you initially bought? It's one of my fav for the Vita so far and I'd hate to be without it.

I'm wondering : I already have unlimited WiFi Hotspot on my phone, so I don't really need the 3G. I want SSD (not sure about the DLC, though I might just get it), I'm getting the 3G model (from...somewhere) because I saved some $$ and wanted the free 8GB card (and because, at the time, I thought I was actually getting a FREE game).
Now -- is there any reason for me to go through the process of paying AT&T $15 for a data plan I really don't need so that I can get a $15 game I want eventually (along with another 250 MB of data I don't really need) rather than just paying for the game directly and never using 3G? Does using the 3G give me any advantage? I read something about GPS, but don't know if the 3G has to be used for that feature or not. I think all things being equal, I'd rather give Sony my money than AT&T, but I just want to be sure I wouldn't be missing out on anything.

Thanks for the guide, no way I would have figured it out on my own. The way I am looking at it, I am paying for 60 days of 3G service and get a free game for $15, seems like a good deal to me.

[quote name='Decker']I'm wondering : I already have unlimited WiFi Hotspot on my phone, so I don't really need the 3G. I want SSD (not sure about the DLC, though I might just get it), I'm getting the 3G model (from...somewhere) because I saved some $$ and wanted the free 8GB card (and because, at the time, I thought I was actually getting a FREE game).
Now -- is there any reason for me to go through the process of paying AT&T $15 for a data plan I really don't need so that I can get a $15 game I want eventually (along with another 250 MB of data I don't really need) rather than just paying for the game directly and never using 3G? Does using the 3G give me any advantage? I read something about GPS, but don't know if the 3G has to be used for that feature or not. I think all things being equal, I'd rather give Sony my money than AT&T, but I just want to be sure I wouldn't be missing out on anything.[/QUOTE]

Im in the exact same boat as you. I'm trying now to just redeem the pass and not pay for a service I do not need, but still get the game that was part of the deal.

Am I missing where on AT&T's site I need to go to sign up for a Vita plan? Do I just use the one that's 14.99 that says it's for ipad?

Edit: Or do I have to do it through the Vita?

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Am I missing where on AT&T's site I need to go to sign up for a Vita plan? Do I just use the one that's 14.99 that says it's for ipad?

Edit: Or do I have to do it through the Vita?[/QUOTE]

• Go to www.att.com/buyasession.
  • Tap Prepaid DataConnect Pass to buy a new plan or Login if you already have a plan and want to add more data.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions.
  • You will need to have the IMEI and ICCID numbers from your Vita. You can find those by following these steps on your Vita:
    • Tap the Settings icon.
    • Tap the Start icon.
    • Scroll down and tap System.
    • Tap System Information.
    • The IMEI and ICCID are displayed at the bottom of the screen.
http://us.playstation.com/psvita/att/faq/

I don't have a credit card, are there any prepaid credit cards that don't charge fees and can work as payment?

[quote name='Bioterror']
  • Go to www.att.com/buyasession.
  • Tap Prepaid DataConnect Pass to buy a new plan or Login if you already have a plan and want to add more data.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions.
  • You will need to have the IMEI and ICCID numbers from your Vita. You can find those by following these steps on your Vita:
    • Tap the Settings icon.
    • Tap the Start icon.
    • Scroll down and tap System.
    • Tap System Information.
    • The IMEI and ICCID are displayed at the bottom of the screen.
http://us.playstation.com/psvita/att/faq/

I don't have a credit card, are there any prepaid credit cards that don't charge fees and can work as payment?[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I figured it'd be easier to input the info from a keyboard. Seems using the app on the system itself is way easier.

Any exact date about when the free game/free month expire? I was hoping to activate for it during the summer when I'd get more use out of it.

I think I read March somewhere.

I have an AT&T account for my iPhone, but I can't login using those credentials on the Vita. Do i have to make a whole new account?

bread's done
Back