Killzone 2 $13.84 at Amazon

I have Killzone 3 and have yet to open it. Is it worth picking up 2 and playing it before-hand? I'm a new PS3 owner, well I had one before but only played MGS4 and Uncharted 1.

[quote name='silent h3ro']A lot of people say 2 is better than 3. Also I think 3 is a direct continuation of 2 anyways, so I would definitely play 2 first.[/QUOTE]
I agree

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']I have Killzone 3 and have yet to open it. Is it worth picking up 2 and playing it before-hand? I'm a new PS3 owner, well I had one before but only played MGS4 and Uncharted 1.[/QUOTE]
I tried to play the first one and I couldn't get into it. I would definitely play the second one though. It's amazing, and it's quite difficult. I haven't played the story mode from 3, but I did invest a lot of time into the multiplayer.

Killzone 3 was a spectacular shooting gallery, but nothing else. The overly simplistic story can be quite refreshing if you really just want to go in for solid gameplay, but still want to know the reason you're in a giant mech suit all of a sudden.

From what I've heard of Killzone 2, it actually has some soul put into it. So that makes it different from 3.

I def. prefer 2 over 3. It's one of those games "I wish I had back" (sold it yrs ago).

Def. positives that are in 2 but eliminated in 3:
1)Server choice
2)Create your custom game (only handguns, no noobtubes, same map 24/7 etc.)

I might pick it up again, but I dunno what the community's like.

I liked two much better then three; three was alright but I didn't see many advancements from two to three despite the development time in between.. if anything three felt like it was a continuation of three and was made at roughly the same time.

[quote name='GBAstar']I liked two much better then three; three was alright but I didn't see many advancements from two to three despite the development time in between.. if anything three felt like it was a continuation of three and was made at roughly the same time.[/QUOTE]Did you read this to yourself? :lol:

Add me to someone who enjoyed KZ2 more than 3. If they could patch in Move controls I'd play it again tonight!

But KZ3 is still a wicked-fun SP game, and the MP is more fun to play than KZ2's IMO

[quote name='robodaddyo']Did you read this to yourself? :lol:[/QUOTE]

What I was trying to convey was that I felt like three should have had some sort of noticeable improvements. Yes I like two better even though three felt exactly the same. Perhaps that doesn't make a lot of sense but when you're doing a sequel to a game I expect the graphics and gameplay to be better as there are always advancements in a year or two period of time.

Iv got killzone 3 and just didnt enjoy it as much as 2 so if you havent got it you better snap it up quickly
smiley.jpg

the online on Killzone 2 was very well done, nice map size, nice balance (mostly). KZ 3 online kind of boring, actually ruined what made Killzone 2 great, Corinth Crossing - nice map!

[quote name='DaBoltz']I def. prefer 2 over 3. It's one of those games "I wish I had back" (sold it yrs ago).

Def. positives that are in 2 but eliminated in 3:
1)Server choice
2)Create your custom game (only handguns, no noobtubes, same map 24/7 etc.)

I might pick it up again, but I dunno what the community's like.[/QUOTE]

Just remembered #3) In KZ2, tacticians can throw down spawn points almost anywhere on the map. In KZ3, spawn point locations are pre-determined.

To answer my own question, yes, there's enough of an mp community out there.

[quote name='GenPirate']I have never played any of the Killzone games so I was wondering if I should I buy KZ1 first or just hop into KZ2?[/QUOTE]

I just got 2 and 3. KZ1 is a PS2 game, though there's an emulated version available in the PSN store I think. But I don't have much interest in playing a last gen game, so I figured just getting 2 and 3 was sufficient.

[quote name='GenPirate']I have never played any of the Killzone games so I was wondering if I should I buy KZ1 first or just hop into KZ2?[/QUOTE]

you could try the first one to get with the story but kz2 really gets things going

Man, Amazon Prime shipping is kicking ass lately. Ordered this yesterday, just saw that it was delivered this morning. Also ordered the Uncharted 1/2 double pack yesterday, and it's out for delivery as well.

bread's done
Back