RCSS
Playstation Vita $249.97
Vita Starter Kit $39.97
Uncharted Golden Abyss $49.97
Hot Shots Golf World Invitational $39.97
Mod Nation Roadtrip $29.97
PSVita 16GB Memory Card $59.97

Best Buy
Playstation Vita $249.99 (Get $20 towards games or accessories with purchase of PS Vita on Feb 22 & 23)
Uncharted Golden Abyss $49.99
PS Vita Starter Kit $39.99
Rocket Vita Starter Kit $24.99 (Webcode: 10190753)
Playstation Vita Carrying Case $19.99
Playstation Vita In-ear Headset $19.99
PS Vita Memory Card: 4GB $19.99, 8GB $29.99, 16GB $59.99, 32GB $99.99
Uncharted Golden Abyss $49.99
Wipeout 2048 $39.99
Hot Shots Golf World Invitational $39.99
Ridge Racer $29.99
Rayman Origins $39.99
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 $39.99
FIFA Soccer $39.99
F1 2011 $39.99
Virtual Tennis 4 World Tour Edition $39.99
Touch My Katamari $29.99
Little Deviants $29.99
Mod Nation Racer Roadtrip $29.99

XBOX 360 4GB Kinect Bundle $249.99
Syndicate $59.99
Asura’s Wrath $59.99
Twisted Metal $59.99
UFC Undisputed 3 $59.99
Final Fantasy 13-2 $59.99
Gran Slam Tennis $49.99
Darkness 2 $59.99
Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning $59.99
The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff $19.99
Kinect Sports 2 $49.99
Zumba Fitness Rush $49.99

Buy 2 Save $10 on all Kinect Games
800 reward points pre-order SSX, Mass Effect 3

Thanks to Cthulhu8u
FutureShop
Buy a 3DS, get $10 towards Kid Icarus Uprising (Mar. 23 release, $39.99)
Bioshock 2 - $9.99
F1 2010 - $19.99
Fallout New Vegas - $14.99
Wipeout Kinect - $19.99
Ace Combat Assualt Horizon - $29.99
AC: Master's Assassin pack - $39.99
Saints Row the Third - $39.99
uDraw - $29.99
PS3 bundle UC3 + CODMW2 - $299.99
Wii bundle SM Galaxy soundtrack, SMB Wii, Monster Hunter 3 - $149.99
Skylanders starter kit - $49.99

Shoppers Drug Mart
PS Vita $249.99...
...which means you can start using SDM Points to purchase the Vita

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...I'm thinking of picking up a Vita but was hoping for some sort of deal for launch. Unfortunately we only have Wal-mart here, wonder if they'd match best buys deal...

[quote name='strife18']Hmm...I'm thinking of picking up a Vita but was hoping for some sort of deal for launch. Unfortunately we only have Wal-mart here, wonder if they'd match best buys deal...[/QUOTE]
Um.

There is a Best Buy in Saskatoon.

Circle and 8th.

Ya, there is, but I am away from work for weeks at a time. And where I am when the Vita launches only has a wal-mart.
Thanks though :)

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']And wait 7-10 days to play that thing? Are you crazy?[/QUOTE]

Hehe, Ya no doubt. I'm torn, because I do really want it. One side of me knows that I am so busy that I will only get to play it now and again and could wait until a price drop or more deals to surface, but the crazy gamer side of me says "BUY NOW!"

[quote name='strife18']Hehe, Ya no doubt. I'm torn, because I do really want it. One side of me knows that I am so busy that I will only get to play it now and again and could wait until a price drop or more deals to surface, but the crazy gamer side of me says "BUY NOW!"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel you. I'm holding out to see if they do a 3G model, even though I doubt I'll utilize the 3G functionality overly much. If a deal comes along before then, I'll be all over it.

Seeing a price drop so soon on the 3DS in combination with all the doom and gloom predictions has me reluctant to buy until a bit more software is released.

FutureShop
Buy a 3DS, get $10 towards Kid Icarus Uprising (Mar. 23 release, $39.99)
Bioshock 2 - $9.99
F1 2010 - $19.99
Fallout New Vegas - $14.99
Wipeout Kinect - $19.99
Ace Combat Assualt Horizon - $29.99
AC: Master's Assassin pack - $39.99
Saints Row the Third - $39.99
uDraw - $29.99
PS3 bundle UC3 + CODMW2 - $299.99
Wii bundle SM Galaxy soundtrack, SMB Wii, Monster Hunter 3 - $149.99
Skylanders starter kit - $49.99

Shoppers Drug Mart
PS Vita $249.99...
...which means you can start using SDM Points to purchase the Vita

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']

Shoppers Drug Mart
PS Vita $249.99...
...which means you can start using SDM Points to purchase the Vita[/QUOTE]

Alberta flyer has senior day on the 23rd with 20% off, don't know other regions. Or if it even applies to PS Vita.

BestBuy has $5 off online orders for Syndicate, all platforms. Actually, it seems to apply to most of their preorders (is this common :drool:?). Here's the PS3 page.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...56f72646572&viewall=true&targetCategory=24358

[quote name='strife18']Hmm...I'm thinking of picking up a Vita but was hoping for some sort of deal for launch. Unfortunately we only have Wal-mart here, wonder if they'd match best buys deal...[/QUOTE]

Get $20 towards Vita games and accessories on orders between Feb 22 and 23 only. I don't see info when clicking on the link yet, I guess details will go live on the 22nd.

I saw the Vita for the first time yesterday, what a nice piece of hardware, especially the screen. Don't know if I'd run out and buy one right now though.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']
I saw the Vita for the first time yesterday, what a nice piece of hardware, especially the screen. Don't know if I'd run out and buy one right now though.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I'm having second thoughts about it as well. As nice as the hardware is, I've heard many little annoying things that it does. That and Sony doesn't seem to have a fucking clue how to make good business decisions or what their customers want.

Sony's first generation release on hardware is not something you really want to bite on either. Waiting for deals later in the year, when there are titles out to actually play.

SDm had vita in the flyer. wasn't the weekend to buy one, but it will be soon enough. 20X points on $250 = up to $125 worth (redeeming on the right day)...no where else will ever be close to that deal.

Vita still needs some work on the app part. The browser is junk right now, no flash or html5 support. Can't post on CAG with it. If anyone gets a Vita, don' get Little Deviant the pre loaded game Welcome Park is much better than Little Deviant.

I'm hoping the next Vita model will have TV out. It's the only thing keeping me from getting it, as my eyes can't handle looking at handhelds for any length of time.

Agree with the TV out and waiting on the next iteration of the hardware. TV out should have been an natural inclusion (very surprised to hear its not). I remember the PSP-1000 lacking TV-out and some company offering some enormous add-on hack that gave it Red-Yellow-White outputs :lol: The PSP-2000 fixed that.

[quote name='EvilMario']Sony's first generation release on hardware is not something you really want to bite on either. Waiting for deals later in the year, when there are titles out to actually play.[/QUOTE] My PSP-1000 and 60 GB PS3 are still in good shape... and I bought a Vita day 1. The 5" screen is pretty nice and I don't need TV out. The few times I ever did that with my PSP-2000 was uncomfortable with the component cables weighing down the system and I had to sit right up close to the TV.

Future Shop has a promo going where it's Trade 1 for any Vita game $39.99 and under. Their qualifiers aren't great, but they do have Assassin's Creed Revelations. Price match EB's $29.99 and you can get those $40 games for $27, even cheaper than tax-free PS Store.

Skipped out on the 3DS to wait for the inevitable revision (whatever form it may take), gonna do the same with the PSV until the revision is complete which will either be thinner, smaller or both. Would prefer a smaller screen as well, since I don't care for large screens on portables (that's what a TV is for) and the better pixel density, the better.

And of course, both will have stuff I wanna actually play.

Note: I hated the 1000 model PSP. My hands cramped more from the weight rather than the ergonomics (which the latter only made worse).

I really don't see the appeal (or sense) in buying gaming hardware on release these days when the only thing available to play on them are ports. Aside from Golden Abyss, the Vita is just going to sit there for months (remember the 3DS?) until it's library matures with some unique titles. May as well wait a good 6 months until games being developed right now are finished which will more than liklely accompany a price drop.

I miss the days when really epic quality games were released alongside hardware (Super Mario World launching with the SNES was amazing). I guess the original Halo for the Xbox was also pretty neat. Now the only reason to buy hardware on release is the impulsivity of youth or those that suffer from Shiny Oject Syndrome, aka, I must buy this now because it`s new and I must have it!

[quote name='poiuiu']Note: I hated the 1000 model PSP. My hands cramped more from the weight rather than the ergonomics (which the latter only made worse).[/QUOTE] PSP-1000 weighs about the same as a 360 controller.

[quote name='Eoyote']I really don't see the appeal (or sense) in buying gaming hardware on release these days when the only thing available to play on them are ports.[/QUOTE] Not all of them are ports. WipEout 2048, Hot Shots Golf World Invitational, Super Stardust Delta, Touch My Katamari and Lumines Electronic Symphony are sequels. There's also some other original games, but they don't look so hot.

As for the games coming in the future, Gravity Rush is definitely one to watch. After playing the demo, it's the game that got me interested in Vita. It should be coming out in the next few months or so. I believe Little King's Story 2 is already confirmed for Europe, perhaps Konami will bring it over here as well. Other than that, maybe we'll get that 999 sequel and Tales of Innocence R (since we never got the DS version). And yeah, ports. I don't really mind if they are good quality ports for games that come out on the same time as the console version like BlazBlue CSEX, SFxT, ZOE HD, etc.

I've owned every successful handheld since the original gameboy, most of them at release, and it's ridiculous how good Vita is at launch.

I'd argue in one day of release, Vita already has a far better (in both quality & variety) games than 3Ds has managed in close to a year.

Vita is the best handheld device (gaming or otherwise) ever released.

Another Vita deal:
FutureShop - buy a Vita Feb. 22-23 and get a 4GB memory card plus $20 towards any game.

I like this deal better than the FEB, at least you get a choice of what game to put your money towards.

I love my PSP-1000, no problems other than a few dead pixels. I'm not that anal that it bugged me or I would even consider it faulty hardware. LCD panels back then were prone to that sort of defect, so it was par for the course to me. I like the Vita, but not enough to purchase right now. I think I will wait for the next gen to see what Sony adds to it to make it irresistible to me. And it absolutely needs video output. Just look at its features, it's a portable media machine damnit!

@True Kronic I would expect that a new handheld be better than previous generations. But the games at launch, the most important component of any hardware's success, is a bit up for debate. The PSP launch was so-so, and it had "nothing good to play on it" for the longest time. Many bashers would argue it still doesn't :lol:

@Cthulhu8u - Ya, I've been looking at that deal with very tempting eyes. I also prefer that over the FEB. Though I was testing it out and only the memory card gets added to the cart, when you add a game it does not subtract the $20 from the total. Now I'm not sure if it will on Feb.22-23, or if they are just saying it is a credit that you will receive with the Vita. I would hope it gets deducted because I want the deal at the same time.

All I know is that I got called out to the field in the middle of the night and spent 3 hours in the truck basically just waiting. The Vita started looking more and more tantalizing as I waited.

Plus my Shiny Object Syndrome is getting the better of me. :p

Yeah pretty sure you have to wait until the 22nd, that seems to be the deal day at both BB and FS since it is official launch day. Funny that the card is being added for free. Maybe there is currently a FS deal to get a free memory card with the Vita?
I guess you could save all those things in your cart, check it tomorrow and see if they update those items to match the deal, assuming demand won't be so high that the items sell out.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']
@True Kronic I would expect that a new handheld be better than previous generations. But the games at launch, the most important component of any hardware's success, is a bit up for debate. The PSP launch was so-so, and it had "nothing good to play on it" for the longest time. Many bashers would argue it still doesn't :lol:[/QUOTE]

Any "basher" who thinks there are no good games on PSP doesn't have a valid opinion of video games, but that's why they're bashers. I can understand if nothing appeals to them, but 95% of bashers of anything don't know about, let alone understand a single thing about what they're bashing. Goes for just about anything in life. Bashers are just regurgitating bullshit they read, most likely from the gaming media and subsequently gaming forums not unlike this one.

I wouldn't say Vita's launch line-up is up for debate, nor would any reasonable gamer who owns one.

Yeah , it's mostly all I've played since Wednesday, shiny new toy & all, but it's also damn impressive. Unlike 3ds, I'd recommend picking up a Vita to any gamer, not just handheld junkies.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Another Vita deal:
FutureShop - buy a Vita Feb. 22-23 and get a 4GB memory card plus $20 towards any game.
[/QUOTE]

Although their flyer says 4GB card, the checkout on the website wants to give an 8GB card with it for free.

[quote name='true kronic']any "basher" who thinks there are no good games on psp doesn't have a valid opinion of video games, but that's why they're bashers. I can understand if nothing appeals to them, but 95% of bashers of anything don't know about, let alone understand a single thing about what they're bashing. Goes for just about anything in life. Bashers are just regurgitating bullshit they read, most likely from the gaming media and subsequently gaming forums not unlike this one.

I wouldn't say vita's launch line-up is up for debate, nor would any reasonable gamer who owns one.

Yeah , it's mostly all i've played since wednesday, shiny new toy & all, but it's also damn impressive. Unlike 3ds, i'd recommend picking up a vita to any gamer, not just handheld junkies.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='ikariwarriors']Although their flyer says 4GB card, the checkout on the website wants to give an 8GB card with it for free.[/QUOTE]

? It's not giving me any card at checkout. Even adding a 4 GB doesn't give a discount.

[quote name='Mr.']PSP-1000 weighs about the same as a 360 controller.
[/QUOTE]
And the PS3 rumble controller probably weighs less, but I still much prefer the rumbleless variety over that, esp since I turn off rumble by default. When I want a controller/handheld in my hands, I want it to disappear. Which is why it sucks the original controller is out of print.

But regardless, they way you hold a PSP and the way you hold a console controller is completely different and require different type of seating. You can have your arms rested on your lap/ chest/ table/ whatever and still be able to use it fine; you'll always need to have your portable at eye level to get any use out of it. This is why the seemingly minuscule drop in weight (1/3 of 1000's weight shaved off) from 1000 to 2000 (esp from the battery) made all the difference when the system was actually put into use. Having a Go in your hands only drove the point further. Playing CXC on my back went from annoying to "I can put up with this" going from 1000 to Go.

[quote name='Mr.']? It's not giving me any card at checkout. Even adding a 4 GB doesn't give a discount.[/QUOTE]

Oh lame, it's charging full price for the memory card now.

They did have the memory card deal last week but added the $20 for a game for the launch days.

It's possible they realized that it was still active and deactivated it until Feb. 22 and 23.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Another Vita deal:
[/QUOTE]

Anyone know how this $20 gaming credit thing works in store? Do I have to get a game right then and there and it will just take $20 off of it's price, or is it a physical coupon that I could use at a later date?

Just curious, as the only games I'll be getting physical copies of are probably sports games like The Show, which doesn't come out until March 6th.

EDIT: Just read the fine print in the flyer, which states "$20 gaming credit towards any gaming purchase over $29.99 valid Feb. 22 – Mar. 6, 2012, in-store only. Limit one redemption per purchase. Original receipt must be presented at time of purchase." So, does this mean that your receipt basically acts as the $20 gaming credit?

I had a similar situation on a pre order of LA noire. There was basically a coupon printed on the receipt. I would guess this will work the same way?

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']I had a similar situation on a pre order of LA noire. There was basically a coupon printed on the receipt. I would guess this will work the same way?[/QUOTE]

Ok, so in theory according to this and the fine print, I could pick up a Vita game that releases on March 6th and use my receipt to get $20 off?

[quote name='adayinthelife']Ok, so in theory according to this and the fine print, I could pick up a Vita game that releases on March 6th and use my receipt to get $20 off?[/QUOTE]

If it works the same way as my LA noire receipt, yes. The coupon was right under the listing on the receipt. Something to the effect of : $10 off any game over 19.99 between x date and x date.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']If it works the same way as my LA noire receipt, yes. The coupon was right under the listing on the receipt. Something to the effect of : $10 off any game over 19.99 between x date and x date.[/QUOTE]

Great. Thanks for the info!

[quote name='adayinthelife']EDIT: Just read the fine print in the flyer, which states "$20 gaming credit towards any gaming purchase over $29.99 valid Feb. 22 – Mar. 6, 2012, in-store only. Limit one redemption per purchase. Original receipt must be presented at time of purchase." So, does this mean that your receipt basically acts as the $20 gaming credit?[/QUOTE]

Hm, maybe they changed the fine print for the online flyer. I'm looking at it now and it says:

$20 gaming credit towards any gaming purchase over $29.99 valid Mar 1 – 31, 2012, in-store only.

It leads me to believe that I won't be able to use the discount today at all, but that's not the end of the world since I wanted to use it on Katamari and that game is only $29 and wouldn't work for the deal anyway, so I can wait and use it on something else in a week.

I still see it as Feb 22 - Mar 6. I think $29.99 Katamari should work, it doesn't even say if it's before taxes.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']Hm, maybe they changed the fine print for the online flyer. I'm looking at it now and it says:

$20 gaming credit towards any gaming purchase over $29.99 valid Mar 1 – 31, 2012, in-store only.

It leads me to believe that I won't be able to use the discount today at all, but that's not the end of the world since I wanted to use it on Katamari and that game is only $29 and wouldn't work for the deal anyway, so I can wait and use it on something else in a week.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up a Vita at FS and can confirm that the coupon is printed on my receipt, and says that it's valid from Feb 22-March 6 on any game software purchase $29.99 and up!

If you don't particularly care about owning the physical game, I would suggest Touch My Katamari on PSN. It's $24.99 so it's a bigger discount than the 10% most other games offer and also tax-free. At just over 600 MB, it doesn't take too much space. As much as I enjoy Touch My Katamari, you're better off using the $20 off on better launch titles.

I went at lunch and picked up a Vita at Futureshop. Got the 4GB card for free and Katamari at the 20 bucks off. I'm pretty happy with Futureshop's deal overall, and I didn't have to fight them on anything even though our flyer said the game discount was starting March 1st.

[quote name='Mr.']If you don't particularly care about owning the physical game, I would suggest Touch My Katamari on PSN. It's $24.99 so it's a bigger discount than the 10% most other games offer and also tax-free. At just over 600 MB, it doesn't take too much space. As much as I enjoy Touch My Katamari, you're better off using the $20 off on better launch titles.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. Katamari is for my game collector wife though, and she always prefers to have the physical game to a download.

bread's done
Back