Modern Warfare 3 $40.19 on Steam

xXxL3tHa1xXx

CAG Veteran
In honor of President's Day (I hope), Steam/Valve is offering a free weekend to try out the Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer and you can buy the game for 33% off the original price of $59.99. Now it is $40.19, better hurry, the sale ends Monday.

Here are my experiences with the free weekend multiplayer, if anybody cares:

My first and only game look a minute to find a match, a minute to start the match while putting all level one players on the same team against three level 80 players on the other team, then we finally started playing. A few minutes into the match, one guy starts calling out someone else for hacking. The accused guy keeps on saying "mad" repeatedly. Then the angry guy begins throwing out insults and curses left and right, culminating with "go die a slow death you jew ass pussies."

I uninstalled the game as soon as my match ended. As they say, Never Again.

The hackers are EXTREMELY rampant on these "servers" (no servers unless you don't want to play ranked). Call of Duty still manages to pick the worst host everytime, the FOV is locked at 60, and the SP is 4 hours long.

I don't recommend it.

Playing around with the free weekend and holy crap the gun sounds are terrible compared to the previous CoD games. It's like they didn't even try as everything sounds like jackhammer or someone farting into a tin can. Kill Confirm is fun but overall the map design/layout feels weakest of all the recent CoD games. It's nice that they've included dedicated server options but I'm very disappointing to see that most of them are listed as "tactical crouch" or some other silly restrictions etc. I'll try and enjoy the rest of the free weekend but overall I'm glad I got the opportunity to test out the game and will now definitely cross the game off my wishlist :(

I find it hilarious because I have had the impulse recently to purchase this game and all I hear is about how terrible it is. This free weekend is going to serve to affirm just that, it seems, so I'm happy about it; gonna save me some money. :p

bread's done
Back