Tales of Vesperia $15.99 (360) @ Newegg thru President's Day

This is the same type of game like...Tales of Symphonia? Same series?

I always see everyone saying how good it is (Vesperia)...but, I didn't care much for Tales of Symphonia. That type of combat system just isn't for me.

[quote name='Rig']This is the same type of game like...Tales of Symphonia? Same series?

I always see everyone saying how good it is (Vesperia)...but, I didn't care much for Tales of Symphonia. That type of combat system just isn't for me.[/QUOTE]

It plays very similar to Symphonia so if you didn't like that combat system, you probably won't care for this one either.

Son of a bitch, I FINALLY got around to buying ToV from NewEgg for $27 when I was getting Death Smiles for $10! Damn!

Oh well, everyone else buy it if you don't have it! :eek:

[quote name='Rig']This is the same type of game like...Tales of Symphonia? Same series?

I always see everyone saying how good it is (Vesperia)...but, I didn't care much for Tales of Symphonia. That type of combat system just isn't for me.[/QUOTE]

You probably won't like it then.

More of these must have been printed than Lost Odyssey, which is honestly pretty surprising.

Great game still, good price, my second favorite 360 JRPG this generation. ;)

[quote name='topplehat']You probably won't like it then.[/QUOTE]
I don't know, I hated Tales of Symphonia, but I loved Vesperia. For $16, it's worth a try if you're interested in JRPGs at all, it really is one of the best around.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I don't know, I hated Tales of Symphonia, but I loved Vesperia. For $16, it's worth a try if you're interested in JRPGs at all, it really is one of the best around.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Best this gen by far. NAMCO had two really solid ones this gen.

I always chuckle as for the last 3-4 years EVERY Vesperia thread has a post from the guy who insists everyone should wait because the PS3 port will be coming soon ("Just like Eternal Sonata"). Given that the game is now years past release of the PS3 port in Japan, I think it's safe to say that is DEAD.

In other news, they did screw the pooch on the BONUS code included in the Tales Steelbook/LE. Go figure. (bringing up my own dead horse)

Awesome! Missed out on the deal last time when it was 14.99 from newegg. I'm so glad this came back as GS sells a preowned for $39.99 LOL

I also wanted to get in on this last time, but missed out. I don't really want to spend the money, but I ordered one. Sucks for me, since I also get charged tax since they have a shipping center in Jersey.

[quote name='krashhole']Is this one of those games where you have to command each player and what you want them to do?[/QUOTE]
It's a real-time, action-oriented battle system. You control one character at a time and the others are controlled by AI, with some options and rules that you can set for each character.

Don't get me wrong. I think the graphics are beautiful and all, and the game play seems so smooth. I just wish I could get into games like this. I tried with games like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, and just didn't do it for me.

Ah man I start school next week. and I ust bought tales of the abyss for my 3ds and currently playing Revelations. This is so tempting , I guess I can add it to my back catalog.

Thanks op I'm in for 1

Get Eternal Sonata. My wife and I are having a blast playing that game together. It's the first game that I've ever been able to get her to play with me, and she's loving it.

[quote name='krashhole']Don't get me wrong. I think the graphics are beautiful and all, and the game play seems so smooth. I just wish I could get into games like this. I tried with games like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon, and just didn't do it for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']Get Eternal Sonata. My wife and I are having a blast playing that game together. It's the first game that I've ever been able to get her to play with me, and she's loving it.[/QUOTE]My wife could care less about video gaming lol. She is perfectly content with her phone and her Kindle Fire :roll:

Here's my list of best current gen jrpg. I'm only listing the ones I played

1 vesperia
2 eternal sonata
3 lost Odyssey
4 ff13
5 blue dragon

Thanks OP! Adding another game to my 1000+ backlog...

$17.39 (with CA tax) is a little more than I want to pay for a game... but this seems to be expensive everywhere right now...

I waited to see if there would be any announcements for the PS3 port, but that's clearly not in the bags so I'll bite now. Thanks op for the heads up and bossman for posting the link.

[quote name='IzzyF3']I waited to see if there would be any announcements for the PS3 port, but that's clearly not in the bags so I'll bite now. Thanks op for the heads up and bossman for posting the link.[/QUOTE]

I know, it's not like it would have been that hard, the entire thing (except the new content) was nice and translated.

I guess Graces f is Bamco's way of kissing Western PS3 users boo-boos. :p

[quote name='Investor']Get Eternal Sonata. [/QUOTE]
Which version reigns supreme? 360 or PS3?

EDIT: Yes, I can use Google. Looks like PS3 get the edge with additional content because it was released later.

[quote name='Lucian']Which version reigns supreme? 360 or PS3?

EDIT: Yes, I can use Google. Looks like PS3 get the edge with additional content because it was released later.[/QUOTE]

Really liked ES. Both ES and TOV "extra" content seems like it would be tough to fit into the game itself without making it feel tacked on or forced.

If you want the complete game, PS3 is the way to go. I was perfectly fine with the version as is on the 360.

This is one of the best games of this generation, RPG or otherwise.

[quote name='Lucian']Which version reigns supreme? 360 or PS3?

EDIT: Yes, I can use Google. Looks like PS3 get the edge with additional content because it was released later.[/QUOTE]
But for some reason, no trophies.

Man, I hated ES but loved ToV. I'm not sure if that's odd or not.

Why does everyone keep bringing up the PS3 version? The 360 version is the only one released in the U.S., and there's no English language option in the Japanese PS3 version (despite being region-free and having additional content.)

I wish I had waited on this. I missed out on the deal the last time Newegg had it for $16, when it went out of stock for a good 2 weeks and then reappeared at $27.99. I finally bit on Amazon for $25... oh well!

bread's done
Back