Disney DVD cartoons back at Costco $9.99 Ducktales Darkwing Duck TaleSpin Chip n Dale

karkyco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Darkwing Duck Vol. 1 and 2, Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers Vol. 1 and 2, Ducktales Vol. 1, 2, and 3, and Talespin Vol. 1 and 2 are back at Costco $9.99 each. Check the DVD/BluRay section - there weren't anywhere near as many available as last time, only 3 of those single file cardboard standees full of them, but all the various shows and volumes were there.

Also, per ssjmichael, Barnes and Noble is another option:

[quote name='ssjmichael']These are all $9.99 at B&N right now. Plus 20% off one item with this code: U7K4X3B

Darkwing Duck
Duck Tales
Tale Spin
Rescue Rangers

Another good Disney show for cheap at B&N is The Adventures of Gummi Bears. The first 3 seasons in one set are just $11.99:

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD...ons-1-3/e/786936719154?itm=3&usri=gummi+bears

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!

I already have all the DuckTales and Chip & Dale sets but I'll probably pick up the Darkwing and Tale Spin sets at that price.

Good deal. They must have had success selling these and ordered more. I bought them all already but haven't gotten around to watching them yet. They were $8.99 before but $9.99 is great too. Last time they sold out of some sets pretty fast, especially "volume 1's" so don't hesitate too long.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The only thing that bothers me is they never released Volume 4 of DuckTales. I hate buying incomplete sets. I don't think there were that many episodes left anyway, they should have just included it with Volume 3

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they ever finished any of these Disney sets. They just gave up after awhile.

[quote name='ssjmichael']These are all $9.99 at B&N right now. Plus 20% off one item with this code: U7K4X3B

Darkwing Duck
Duck Tales
Tale Spin
Rescue Rangers[/QUOTE]

Nice! Thanks SSJMichael, I'll put it in the OP.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The only thing that bothers me is they never released Volume 4 of DuckTales. I hate buying incomplete sets. I don't think there were that many episodes left anyway, they should have just included it with Volume 3

Another good Disney show for cheap at B&N is The Adventures of Gummi Bears. The first 3 seasons in one set are just $11.99:

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD...ons-1-3/e/786936719154?itm=3&usri=gummi+bears[/QUOTE]

Damn, I bought all 3 of the Gummi sets individually on amazon for about that much each. DOOOOH!!! I think they contain the same set of episodes...

http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD...ons-1-3/e/786936719154?itm=3&usri=gummi+bears[/QUOTE]

Whoa, I completely forgot about that show

I want these, but the fact that they're all incomplete sets and Darkwing Duck has episodes out of order along with originally aired content that never made it to these DVDs, turns me off.

thanks, just bought the duck tales 1-3 sets for $30 :) was thinking to buy chip and dales but will hold for next time cause my wallet almost burned a hole for this month :(

I'll have to check my local B&N tomorrow.

I wonder why Disney is so bad at releasing their cartoon series to DVD. They abandoned Gargoyles after releasing a season and a half... Everything that's been said about these sets... They released Seasons 1 & 2 of Kim Possible, but most people don't know that because they only released them through the Disney Movie Club... Makes me wonder if we'll ever get a decent release of Phineas and Ferb.

Some times, some crimes,
go slipping through the cracks,
but these two..gumshoes
are picking up the slack~

One of the best intros ever.

Thanks op!!
grin.jpg

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Some times, some crimes,
go slipping through the cracks,
but these two..gumshoes
are picking up the slack~

One of the best intros ever.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, now that will be stuck in my head for at least a week. :lol:

...There's no case to big, no case too small.
If you need help just call...

I saw these at Costco again, they come with a free beach ball now. I think the ball has mickey mouse on it. I don't understand why Disney never completed the sets. Did they want people to have to buy them twice by later putting them on Bluray?

[quote name='J7.']I saw these at Costco again, they come with a free beach ball now. I think the ball has mickey mouse on it. I don't understand why Disney never completed the sets. Did they want people to have to buy them twice by later putting them on Bluray?[/QUOTE]

I doubt these will be released on blu. And this is the norm for a lot of Disney stuff. Remember Gargoyles? Those sets came out before these and were never finished as well. Same goes for The Muppets Show. I heard they were going to bring Muppets season 4 and 5 out though...but this was like a year ago.

I've always held off hoping they'd at least finish Chip N' Dale and put out a complete collection. I can still remember watching the pilot on TV after they had advertised the hell out of it. Was hooked from day one and the NES game kicked so much ass too, especially the couch co-op since you could try to get each other killed haha.

[quote name='J7.']I saw these at Costco again, they come with a free beach ball now. I think the ball has mickey mouse on it. I don't understand why Disney never completed the sets. Did they want people to have to buy them twice by later putting them on Bluray?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it sucks. I don't know if they will be released on bluray but I wouldn't be that surprised if they released "the complete series" years and years from now.

Disbey doesn't release this kind of stuff with collectors or fans in mind, these things are just archive releases marketed towards children and families, who won't know or won't care that they are missing episodes. It's not about appeasing fans, it's about making a quick buck.

That is Warners. They have their problems, but they usually release their whole series on DVD. I don't think Disney has released any of their cartoons completely on DVD.

And none of these series are going on Blu-ray for decades.

Oh. On the bright side the previous Animaniacs DVD (Vol 3) was released many years ago, around when the Disney ones were. But ya, guess Disney doesn't care about their old stuff.

I know this is an old thread that got bumped, but it seems most of these sets are on sale at bestbuy and amazon right now for $8.99 each.

And Rescue Rangers is free to stream for amazon prime, including the unreleased last episodes.

[quote name='scottman']I know this is an old thread that got bumped, but it seems most of these sets are on sale at bestbuy and amazon right now for $8.99 each.

And Rescue Rangers is free to stream for amazon prime, including the unreleased last episodes.[/QUOTE]

Noticed the $8.99 price myself.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I doubt these will be released on blu. And this is the norm for a lot of Disney stuff. Remember Gargoyles? Those sets came out before these and were never finished as well. Same goes for The Muppets Show. I heard they were going to bring Muppets season 4 and 5 out though...but this was like a year ago.[/QUOTE]

They are remastering the DuckTales NES game for PSN/XBOX, we can hope we get BluRays! haha

I would love these for the kids though.

[quote name='doubledown']They are remastering the DuckTales NES game for PSN/XBOX, we can hope we get BluRays! haha[/QUOTE]

There was a line in the notes that says this product in no way signals a resurgence in the DuckTales brand.

If it hasn't been posted already, Amazon put these at $8.99.. Volumes 1-3 of DuckTales, Volume 1 & 2 of Rescue Rangers, Volume 1 of Darkwing Duck and Volume 1 of Talespin.

Volume 1 of DuckTales is on Amazon Prime.

[quote name='doubledown']They are remastering the DuckTales NES game for PSN/XBOX, we can hope we get BluRays! haha

I would love these for the kids though.[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy if they'd just release the final volume on DVD.

I don't understand why Disney kept releasing all seasons but the final one for several of their cartoons (DuckTales and Talespin come to mind).

[quote name='WingsDJY']I'd be happy if they'd just release the final volume on DVD.

I don't understand why Disney kept releasing all seasons but the final one for several of their cartoons (DuckTales and Talespin come to mind).[/QUOTE]

I still consider it the biggest troll ever. I mean seriously, they left off the last volume (or season) for Ducktales, Talespin, Rescue Rangers, Adventures of Gummi Bears, Gargoyles, The Muppet Show, and probably a few others too.

[quote name='WingsDJY']I had BB price match all 3 volumes of DuckTales to Amazon ($8.99 each). Can't wait for the remastered game from Capcom.[/QUOTE]

Why, when it is $8.99 on BB's own site?

I agree about Disney playing games not finishing complete series. They know exactly how to get the most money out of their collection obsessed customers, whether it's "the vault", or disney movie rewards, or these series.

[quote name='scottman']I know this is an old thread that got bumped, but it seems most of these sets are on sale at bestbuy and amazon right now for $8.99 each.

And Rescue Rangers is free to stream for amazon prime, including the unreleased last episodes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on Rescue Rangers. I'm sure my kid will love it.

Just a heads up. I saw all these at Walmart just the other night in AZ. Picked up the second volume of Tale Spin and Darkwing Duck. I know the sets are incomplete. But incomplete is better than not at all...

[quote name='scottman']Why, when it is $8.99 on BB's own site?

I agree about Disney playing games not finishing complete series. They know exactly how to get the most money out of their collection obsessed customers, whether it's "the vault", or disney movie rewards, or these series.[/QUOTE]

That's odd. They rang up $14.99 in store, and the CS rep didn't mention the BB website price. I use Amazon 10x more often than bb.com, so I didn't even know BB.com had the lower price.

bread's done
Back