GameStop: B2G1 Free on 1st Party PS Vita Titles - Now Live Online

The Afroman

CAG Veteran
Purchase 2 select PS Vita games and get 1 free. Free game must be of equal of lesser value, while supplies last. Expires 2/25/12

Uncharted: Golden Abyss $49.99
ModNation Racers: Road Trip $29.99
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $39.99
Wipeout 2048 $39.99
Little Deviants $29.99

So i walked in today to GS and picked up the PDP Folio and started talking to the GS Employee, about how i'm waiting till Target's B2G! offer.. Well he then says "We are doing that now.." I said "Wait what?!" He says yeah B2G1 free on Vita Launch titles. So i proceed to pick out my games and get ringed up. It seems that he couldn't do it.. He was mistaken The promo doesn't start till Sunday (he pulled up the internal memo and showed me) but he said "Well i said it was valid now so what the hey.." And rings it up.

*Update 2* It seems that the deal is live on Gamestop.com. First party titles only alas. But this is NOT regional it's nation wide. seems that some managers don't have there Sh*& together to notify customers.. ah well.

*Update* It seems that some of you have been able to confirm this and see that it's "apparently" First Party Titles only.. Since my GS was willing to do the promotion early and i guess didn;t read the fine print LOL I got a YMMV but.. Here are the titles that are CONFIRMED so far..

Modnation racers
Wipeout 2048
Hot shots golf
Little deviants
Uncharted

(scan of my receipt)
2for1.jpeg

I came in here to mention this as i know I went to Target and they are acting like idio

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome deal. Would jump on it if I wasn't getting a $20 gift card and 15% (employee/redcard) off at Target. Maybe if I can't find the 3 games I want at Target.

Oh man if this company wide, I'm having all my receipts adjusted and getting a couple games for free! I have purchased Uncharted Golden Abyss, Blazblue, Army Corp of Hell, Katamari and Rayman Origins from Game Stop in the last week.

I'm looking at Lumines, Army Corps... trying to figure out what I want for the third title. Holding off on Uncharted because I know it'll drop fast in the next few months after everyone trades it in.

[quote name='buckythekat']hopefully this works on the digital versions of Vita games as well since GameStop sells codes[/QUOTE]
Out of pure curiousity, with absolute no judgment, I must ask a question. Why do you prefer digital download over hard disk games? I am not trolling or starting a war. Also this question is coming from someone who downloads a ton of downloadable only games from PSN.

[quote name='Gosha']I'm looking at Lumines, Army Corps... trying to figure out what I want for the third title. Holding off on Uncharted because I know it'll drop fast in the next few months after everyone trades it in.[/QUOTE]
Rayman Origins is getting unbelievable reviews. Play the demo if you already have your vita.

Also Someone is saying it's first party titles only over on gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/62027...-vita/61986760 You may have hit a jackpot getting 3 non first party titles. Regardless I'll take advantage of it.

[quote name='Gosha']I'm looking at Lumines, Army Corps... trying to figure out what I want for the third title. Holding off on Uncharted because I know it'll drop fast in the next few months after everyone trades it in.[/QUOTE]
Rayman Origins is getting unbelievable reviews. Play the demo if you already have your vita.

thats why i don't own it yet. I picked up Little Deviants used already still sealed from a FEB buyer that traded it in at GS.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']Out of pure curiousity, with absolute no judgment, I must ask a question. Why do you prefer digital download over hard disk games? I am not trolling or starting a war. Also this question is coming from someone who downloads a ton of downloadable only games from PSN.

Also Someone is saying it's first party titles only over on gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/62027...-vita/61986760 You may have hit a jackpot getting 3 non first party titles. Regardless I'll take advantage of it.[/QUOTE]

Always have Rayman Origins on the 360, played it pretty much all the way through. I'm not really interested in the home console to Vita port games. Great game though!

[quote name='Gosha']Always have Rayman Origins on the 360, played it pretty much all the way through. I'm not really interested in the home console to Vita port games. Great game though![/QUOTE]
What other games are on your radar?

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']What other games are on your radar?[/QUOTE]

Theres a few coming out that I have no clue when they are getting released. I might check ebay at what games are holding values and just resell whatever I get for free to cut the cost of the two other games. I wish Lord of Apocalypse was coming out here.

[quote name='Gosha']Theres a few coming out that I have no clue when they are getting released. I might check ebay at what games are holding values and just resell whatever I get for free to cut the cost of the two other games. I wish Lord of Apocalypse was coming out here.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree about Lord of Apocalypse and Blazblue would probably be a decent game to buy and resell because it's a pretty tough one to find... of course if you can find it.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']C'mon Amazon![/QUOTE]

report it to them then. First Target is doing it and now GS is also. They have to crack now.

Regardless of whether the Vita sells well, and I hope it does - I want to see some RPGs! - this is a great way to launch a system: instead of a pack-in game, do a B2G1.

^Guess I'm not the only one who got excited then disappointed upon reading the thread. :(

[quote name='Gosha']Always have Rayman Origins on the 360, played it pretty much all the way through. I'm not really interested in the home console to Vita port games. Great game though![/QUOTE]

Rayman Origins is getting killer reviews on the Vita because it's (at least what I've played of it) exactly the same game as you've played on 360. Graphically and gameplay wise.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']Simple solution, buy a Vita! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I will in a few years. For now there's no games.

Did you learn your lesson with the PS3? There weren't any good games for about 3 years.

And the PSP2 hasn't been modded yet, so why would I buy one then?

I'm planning on waiting 2 years.

THE THREAD TITLE SUCKS! CHANGE IT NAO!!!!!! pissed off at tc for lying thread title

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']Out of pure curiousity, with absolute no judgment, I must ask a question. Why do you prefer digital download over hard disk games? I am not trolling or starting a war. Also this question is coming from someone who downloads a ton of downloadable only games from PSN.[/QUOTE]

since the OP was gone I'm going to provide a valid reason for this. There are 2 reasons I prefer digital downloads. One I don't have to change out any disks. The other reason is that as long as I keep my account I always have my game. Recently I lost my PSP which contained 2 games I was playing often. Jeanne D'arc is lost forever, but I just need to re-load Valkyria Chronicles II from my ps3. I tend to lose disks every now and then, but I very rarely lose an account.

There's also Backwards compatibility. None of my psp discs are BC, but my digital downloads are.

[quote name='neuropunk']I will in a few years. For now there's no games.

Did you learn your lesson with the PS3? There weren't any good games for about 3 years.

THE THREAD TITLE SUCKS! CHANGE IT NAO!!!!!! pissed off at tc for lying thread title[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true idiot, you wait your 2 years while we enjoy games in the present.

[quote name='jrhawk42']since the OP was gone I'm going to provide a valid reason for this. There are 2 reasons I prefer digital downloads. One I don't have to change out any disks. The other reason is that as long as I keep my account I always have my game. Recently I lost my PSP which contained 2 games I was playing often. Jeanne D'arc is lost forever, but I just need to re-load Valkyria Chronicles II from my ps3. I tend to lose disks every now and then, but I very rarely lose an account.

There's also Backwards compatibility. None of my psp discs are BC, but my digital downloads are.[/QUOTE]

I was going to mention that it would save you space etc. I assume you're getting a bigger memory card as well. My only problem about digital downloads is the price. A while ago, Halo Reach was $39.99 as a download. If I wanted a physical copy, I could find one for around $15 or so. That's just my beef though. I have PS+ for two years so it would be cool to play Syphon Filter, FFV, and Crash on the go. Just my two sense though.

[quote name='renique46']Spoken like a true idiot, you wait your 2 years while we enjoy games in the present.[/QUOTE]
Who's the idiot when you won't have no games?

PSP2 has no games, no geimez! every system is slow at the beginning. enjoy your no games and no rpgs. i'd say the early adopter is the true idiot.

by the time i decide that it is worth it, I will be able to get it much much cheaper as well as the memory cards cheaper, as well as having a much better library to choose from, while your PSP2 collects dust on your bookshelf. besides, handhelds are not nearly as good as console games.

[quote name='neuropunk']Who's the idiot when you won't have no games?

PSP2 has no games, no geimez! every system is slow at the beginning. enjoy your no games and no rpgs. i'd say the early adopter is the true idiot.

by the time i decide that it is worth it, I will be able to get it much much cheaper as well as the memory cards cheaper, as well as having a much better library to choose from, while your PSP2 collects dust on your bookshelf. besides, handhelds are not nearly as good as console games.[/QUOTE]

I can't tell, this is sarcasm right?

Edit: oh wow, it's not
Lol

Thread title does need changed for clarity, but if most of the people complaining had READ the thread title most have would have figured out it meant Vita before they even opened the thread. How? The thread says B2G1 "ALSO". Also delineates it is in addition to another B2G1, the only other of which is the Target Vita B2G1.

In any case, the 9 people that got super excited only to waste 1 second of their lives clicking a link on the interwebs to learn the cold, harsh truth shall probably survive this catastrophe.

Thanks OP, another option for Vita in case the Target selection is lacking.

I wonder if there is any chance this will work with some digital codes.

[quote name='matrix9280']Misleading thread title. Change it.[/QUOTE]

seriously, I was just about to get ready to return my brand new ico collection I just bought and buy it used at gamestop along with another game I wanted so I could get ANOTHA game I wanted for free. I've been waiting for gamestop to have this deal again :(

edit: at user above me, Best Buy has been having a b2g1 free sale one their used games so just be quiet...only the date could of been some kind of hint.

[quote name='dallow']I can't tell, this is sarcasm right?

Edit: oh wow, it's not
Lol[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly, that was the worst trash i've read today. Ironically enough the game his stupid ass has an avatar for released within about a 2 year gap of the ps3 yet according to him ps3 didn't have games till 3+ years have passed.

[quote name='neuropunk']I will in a few years. For now there's no games.

THE THREAD TITLE SUCKS! CHANGE IT NAO!!!!!! pissed off at tc for lying thread title[/QUOTE]
Dumbest thing I have heard on CAG. Uncharted 1&2 and warhawk all came out in the first 3 years of the PS3.

Argument Fail. Enjoy last gen. I am moving on to next gen.

Only valid reason to wait on a Vita: you can't afford it.

[quote name='skubish']Dumbest thing I have heard on CAG. Uncharted 1&2 and warhawk all came out in the first 3 years of the PS3.

Only valid reason to wait on a Vita: you can't afford it.[/QUOTE]

I agree the 3 year estimate was hyperbole, but you're forgetting, 3 years is a long time to wait when buying a handheld that will likely see a revision or price drop within 3 years (or at least alternate skins).

[quote name='skubish']Dumbest thing I have heard on CAG. Uncharted 1&2 and warhawk all came out in the first 3 years of the PS3.

Only valid reason to wait on a Vita: you can't afford it.[/QUOTE]
Nope. Vita isn't launching with any good games. No blockbuster RPGs in the line up in the near future. F that. Ooh wow, an Uncharted game with the same exact stale formula as all 3 Uncharted games I've already played. Just a generic shooter platformer with guns. What's up with current gamers and guns anyway?

Uncharted 1 is an ok game. Warhawk - LOLZ!!!! XD

A few games is almost no games. So, what happens after you finish the few PSP2 games and have nothing left to play? Does everyone play every single crappy game that comes out? NO.

[quote name='renique46']my thoughts exactly, that was the worst trash i've read today. Ironically enough the game his stupid ass has an avatar for released within about a 2 year gap of the ps3 yet according to him ps3 didn't have games till 3+ years have passed.[/QUOTE]
Actually, in North America, Demon's Souls came out October of 2009 and the PS3 came out November of 2006. So, my bad, not 3 years, 2 years and 11 months.

Remember the PS3 meme, "the ps3 haz no gemez?" Remember the term "Sony DELAY Station"?

So, you just proved yourself as the stupid ass in this thread. Goodbye.

[quote name='prateeko']What groupings of three are you guys picking up?[/QUOTE]

I'm looking to pick up Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Rayman Origins, and Shinobido 2.

bread's done
Back