Lollipop Chainsaw Preorder TRU $44.99 w/ FS

D.Choy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Toys R Us.com has Lollipop Chainsaw up for preorder at a cool $44.99 with free shipping ($15 off MSRP) for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Different websites are giving off different dates for the release though. Amazon, Target, and Wikipedia = 4/24, TRU = 5/22, BB = 6/1, and GameStop = 8/1. I know for a fact that it has an official release of May 19th for Japan but WB hasn't announced a firm release date for United States so tread lightly. Signs obviously point to an April release date for the US though.

Lollipop Chainsaw now has an official release of June 12, 2012

Still, a decent price for a game that looks to be pretty fun. If you want those preorder codes you are out of luck if you choose to order from TRU. The preorder costumes are exclusive to Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop.

Link: http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=lollipop%20chainsaw&origkw=lollipop+chainsaw&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

----------

Also, recently there were some new anime inspired costumes announced for the game. If any of you watch anime and are fans of High School of the Dead, Deadman Wonderland, Is This a Zombie, or Manyu Hiken-Cho then this news will excite you! Screenshots of all the costumes can be found at the link below, thanks Rychy.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ool-the-dead-x-lollipop-chainsaw-illustration

Last edited by a moderator:
I never heard of this game until I read this title. Thought it sounded hilarious and checked the trailer on youtube. My first thought was Onechanbara but American-style. Thanks for posting this.

submitted to amazon for price check, everyone else do the same! that way we can get it at this price plus the preorder dlc they are offering

This is gonna be great. I want the preorder costumes though. So I'll probably get this to keep and preorder somewhere to get the dlc.

I guess I didn't pay much attention but it always seemed like a XBL & PSN game to me. Wasn't aware it was a full retail release. I'll wait until its priced along those lines... $10-$15.

How is this any different from that Onechanbara game? Looks to be pretty damn close. If that is any indication, this will drop like an anvil.

I'll wait 'till I see reviews before I add it to my "want" list. I like the premise. Kinda sounds like a Bayonetta style game, and I love Bayonetta. I'm not naive enough to expect the gameplay to even come close to Bayonetta though.

Still... I love any slasher, as long as it's got solid controls. Let's hope this one doesn't bomb.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']How is this any different from that Onechanbara game? Looks to be pretty damn close.[/QUOTE]

Wow, not even close. And seeing as how this game is actually getting advertised and put out there it won't drop as fast as we think.

I'm definitely getting this after playing the sadly underplayed masterpiece that was Shadows of the Damned.

Suda 51 games are definitely quality games. No More Heroes, No More Heroes 2, and Shadows of the Damned were all really good games and were liked by video game critics. Let's not forget about Killer7 either. The thing that sucks is that his games never sell all that well; they are definitely niche titles with a rather small following. Still, I have no doubts that this game will be both crazy and fun.

This game will be different from Onechenbara because it isn't completely focused on fan service. There is definitely an interesting story to the game. They even got James Gunn (writer of Dawn of the Dead) to write the story for Lollipop Chainsaw.

Still maybe zombies are getting a bit worn out? I hope that this game can pull through and be received well. I'll be following suit with preordering from a store like GameStop (just the $5 down) to get the costumes but also ordering from TRU since $45 is a decent price at launch. It will probably be around $30 give or take a few months though.

If you guys haven't seen the newest trailer yet, check out the Valentine's trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N_Kpj80BEM

Tempted, but considering how fast SOTD went to 20. I might just hold off.

Not the same publisher but if Warner doesn't market this right, it'll probably suffer the same fate.

To be fair though WB has already done more to show off this game than EA ever did for SOTD

publishers keep whining about used game sales hurting them. why do they think people are buying used? $60+ tax is too much for most of us to put out on games, especially with so many of them. start them out at $30 new and sell higher volumes.

I've been interested since they first announced it, but I'm probably going to wait. Suda's styles are awesome, but I've never played one of his games where the gameplay was good.

[quote name='D.Choy']Suda 51 games are definitely quality games. No More Heroes, No More Heroes 2, and Shadows of the Damned were all really good games and were liked by video game critics. Let's not forget about Killer7 either. The thing that sucks is that his games never sell all that well; they are definitely niche titles with a rather small following. Still, I have no doubts that this game will be both crazy and fun.

This game will be different from Onechenbara because it isn't completely focused on fan service. There is definitely an interesting story to the game. They even got James Gunn (writer of Dawn of the Dead) to write the story for Lollipop Chainsaw.

Still maybe zombies are getting a bit worn out? I hope that this game can pull through and be received well. I'll be following suit with preordering from a store like GameStop (just the $5 down) to get the costumes but also ordering from TRU since $45 is a decent price at launch. It will probably be around $30 give or take a few months though.

If you guys haven't seen the newest trailer yet, check out the Valentine's trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N_Kpj80BEM[/QUOTE]

Yes, that trailer was hilarious. Game looks fun. Just, it's going to drop fast, so I'll wait.

Oh, and yes, Shadows of the Damned was awesome. Great 20 dollar purchase.

Kind of a shame, of course it'll be really cheap eventually if everyone has the mentality of waiting for it to drop. This happened with a bunch of great games that'll never get sequels. Of course this IS cheapassgamer and I don't really blame anyone since this probably isn't a game everyone wants to spend $60 on, but even so...

in either case I'm probably getting this from Gamestop, I really want that Evil Dead costume.

I agree, Pretzle, it's a shame.
It's kind of like Darkness 2. It's a great game, but with everyone wanting to wait until it gets cheaper because of the game's length, we'll probably never see a Darkness 3.

People want cheap games; I'm not upset or anything about people wanting to sleep on this. But Platinum/Clover/Suda games are always fun and unique and I don't see them lasting too much into the next generation of games when dev prices increase even more.
It'll be sad to see them go too.

Or maybe I am just too doom-and-gloom today.

Does TRU charge when it ships or right now for preorders? If they charge when they ship, I am so preordering this to support Suda, because SOTD was awesome, NMH is one of my top games this gen, and I am sure this will be epic.

I think TRU charges when it ships but it still put a pending charge on my credit card when I made the order last night. I think the purpose of the pending charge was to ensure that my account had or has enough funds to make the purchase. I think it actually charges your account when the game ships.

I'm sure this game isn't worth $40 alone, although I did enjoy NMH 1,2 and Shadows of the damned, I felt they were only worth $20

[quote name='exaznkid']does this have a collectors edition cuz i feel thats like the only thing that will actually keep it's value[/QUOTE]
Japan is getting one. nothing has been mentioned for USA

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Kind of a shame, of course it'll be really cheap eventually if everyone has the mentality of waiting for it to drop. This happened with a bunch of great games that'll never get sequels. Of course this IS cheapassgamer....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because (no offense) most people in the US are waiting to spend $60 on that totally brand new Call of Duty game everyone's talking about rather than something original and exciting. :booty:

I do agree I want to save money just like the next CAG but there are some games I actually want to see the publisher & developers get a bit more so we can see a sequel come its way, and this is one of them. So I don't mind spending more, it looks fantastic and WB Games seems to be actually putting advertising out there unlike EA did (or rather didn't do) for SotD. I spent $60 on Mirror's Edge a few years back and it's one of my favorite games this generation, and do I feel like I wasted money? Hell no.

I am still waiting for a sequel though...

[quote name='gryphter']Japan is getting one. nothing has been mentioned for USA[/QUOTE]

i thought that was just a "special" version that was uncensored and had like an extra costume. It wasn't a traditional collectors edition with say an art book or soundtrack or a statue. Or am I wrong?

this will be well worth $45 and at least for now, my preorder is going to TRU and im almost exclusively amazon.

[quote name='billymagnum']i thought that was just a "special" version that was uncensored and had like an extra costume. It wasn't a traditional collectors edition with say an art book or soundtrack or a statue. Or am I wrong?

this will be well worth $45 and at least for now, my preorder is going to TRU and im almost exclusively amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's all it is: "The regular version of the game will be censored and rated CERO D, which is one step below Z. If you buy the premium edition, however, you’ll get an option to toggle between CERO Z and CERO D modes."

Other than that, the Japanese release will have dual audio. I'm not sure if the US version will as well.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/0...-in-japan-unless-you-buy-the-premium-edition/

A new trailer was released today (some parts are NSFW):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ7vhRDIngk

Tempting but I know the price for this will drop like a rock in a few months just like No More Heroes and Shadows of the Damned.

Debating whether to get from Gamestop and get the preorder costumes or get from ToysRus for cheap. Guess we'll see how many power up Points I have after Ninja Gaiden 3 goes through.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I do agree I want to save money just like the next CAG but there are some games I actually want to see the publisher & developers get a bit more so we can see a sequel come its way, and this is one of them.[/QUOTE]

Same here, hell, I'm buying BOTH versions when it comes out! I'm totally psyched! :D Easily my GOTY 2012 in advance!

No doubt I have very high expectations for this game and almost want to just toss out the money especially for Suda, but like others are saying, even with the strong advertising I see LC dropping in price fast.

I love Suda, but Shadows of the Damned doesn't make me very hopeful for this title. Not to mention that it looks pretty unremarkable.

It'll be $20 in no time.

I feel like all games should start at this price-44.99. Anyways, I support Suda, SotD was awesome with a great story and well worth the 20 bones. Anyone know if it this game would have local co-op, doubt it though.

bread's done
Back