No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (PS3) $13.98 FSSS eligible @ Amazon

Is it a good game? I have been curious. Loved Shadows of the Damned and looking forward to Lollipop Chainsaw but never played any other Suda51 games.

[quote name='Blank Earth']Is it a good game? I have been curious. Loved Shadows of the Damned and looking forward to Lollipop Chainsaw but never played any other Suda51 games.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Wii, get it there. Otherwise, this is a competent port.

woah not bad, i think this is the lowest price i've seen for a brand new copy of this game, id jump on this if I didnt already have it

[quote name='chunlirocks']Are the move controls or wii controls better ?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

They're the same essentially. I personally used a controller for some of the harder modes because I found it easier to control...

[quote name='Blank Earth']Is it a good game? I have been curious. Loved Shadows of the Damned and looking forward to Lollipop Chainsaw but never played any other Suda51 games.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is used the move at first was fine but preferred to use the controller. Had lots of fun with it in the end enough to play through 3 times [outside of this and fighters I've only gone through Demon's Souls that many times] and get the plat.:D

This is pretty much the first game I bought for the Move, and I had a blast. Definitely one of the more memorable games I've played because of the humor.

Hmmmm ... I'm going to have to think about that one
22.gif

2.tod.gif

[quote name='chunlirocks']Are the move controls or wii controls better ?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Like one of the posters said above they are the same, but on the PS3 you can use a regular controller as well. On the wii, you couldn't use a GameCube or classic controller if memory serves me correctly.

The one cool thing about the Wii version is when you got a phone call, you could put the wiimote up to your ear like u were holding a phone because of its built in speaker.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']The one cool thing about the Wii version is when you got a phone call, you could put the wiimote up to your ear like u were holding a phone because of its built in speaker.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, that stopped working in mine for some reason. I even tried switching controllers.

I'm actually trying to finish the game on the Wii right now, and I find the game extremely tedious. It is fun when you get to the battles, but in between when trying to collect money for the next battle, it just takes too long. The whole driving around in the city is mostly pointless and a time waster, which is why it is a good thing they got rid of it in the sequel. I don't know if the PS3 version is the same or if they made that improvement.

[quote name='TheLongshot']The whole driving around in the city is mostly pointless and a time waster, which is why it is a good thing they got rid of it in the sequel. I don't know if the PS3 version is the same or if they made that improvement.[/QUOTE]

They did make some adjustments to streamline some things in the PS3 version but, alas, the driving is still there. The sequel was definitely a much stronger game as a result of removing this.

Overall, terrific series that, like most good games on the Wii, was grossly overlooked and will probably not get any further follow-ups.

dammit, i bought this for $15.94 around christmas time and it's still sealed. oh wells, only about $2.

looks like its sold out by amazon anyways.

[quote name='Slayerfaith1982']9.99 but no FSSS or Prime eligible *sigh*[/QUOTE]
Yeah, excitement then disappointment.

[quote name='Buuhan1']This is a shoddy port, the Dualshock 3 controls and screen tearing is awful. Get it on Wii.[/QUOTE]

That is a first. Never heard of a superior Wii version.

[quote name='Smashbro29']If you buy it for 9.99 with 3.99 shipping that's still 14 bucks. Pretty solid if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Ah but since it's not through Prime or Amazon you can't use promotional credit from game pre-orders towards purchasing it. That's what kills it for me. If I could use Prime and my promo credit to buy it I'd jump at $14

Been on the lookout for a low price on this for a while. I greatly enjoyed the wii version but the motion controls were always a tad too unresponsive for me. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='MrFortyFive']Been on the lookout for a low price on this for a while. I greatly enjoyed the wii version but the motion controls were always a tad too unresponsive for me. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

The PS3 controls do take a bit of getting used to (especially the R3 to finish) but you'll get used to it. I almost passed on this game because I just could get used to it in the demo but by the 2nd mission, everything felt pretty natural.

Weird, whenever I hear No More Heroes, I think Burning Rangers. Both awesome games. Anyway my copy from a 3rd party seller came today factory sealed, so no worries :D

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']I bit on this from the third-party seller. Anyone got a rep for these guys, do they ship fast, in good condition, etc?[/QUOTE]

I order Red Faction through these guys a while ago. game was shrink wrapped, case was filthy, disc was smudged and book was all beat up. Just my experience.

[quote name='CaoPi']this game has a funny look for the shrink wrapping, although I did see a factory y-fold at bestbuy[/QUOTE]
I got it from wesaveyou$.

I agree. I have a whole slew of unopened PS3 games, and they all have the triangle fold on the top. This looks like it's been resealed.

bread's done
Back