Cowboom Video Game Console Fire Sale again, alternating systems, pre-owned

is this legit? how accurate is their used rating system?

I saw

PSPgo White - $80
DSi - $50
Xbox360 20gig - $60 (just xbox though)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the shipping method used by Cowboom?

I'd order a PS3 if it pops up for the right price.

Also, I keep getting a "The connection has timed out" when I was testing it out to see if adds to the cart.

Im trying to get this PS3 80gb for $119 but it goes back to the main page when i click on it.

I'd pick up a Dsi for 50 bucks :) hope I have the patience to wait one out

Well I have 2 in my cart, but the 'in cart' page won't load *sigh*

I got a black DSi from them last week when they also had it on sale for $50. It was rated a 6. Came with the original box, instructions, AC adapter, and 2 stylus. Unit is pretty much flawless other than the finest of scratches on the bottom screen (which always happens on a DS without a screen protector). I'm very satisfied with it and I'm ultra-sensitive about the condition of my electronics.

I'm sure there is some variation in quality of the items, but I wanted to give a heads up as to what a '6' was.

I couldn't access my cart with firefox, so i switched to safari and it worked (just in case anyone else is having the same problem)

Site is unusable. I tried buying a $65 360 but it wouldn't let me access my cart. Tried 4 different browsers. Deal is gone and my cart contents are now removed. Screw them. Not worth any more of my time.

Yeah, this is Best Buy's used/refurbished outlet site. It's legit and they ship but the deals are gone quick and the condition varies from item to item...

I just got a 20GB Xbox 360 for 78 shipped. I got the 1 year warranty since i have no doubt this Xbox will fail at some point within the year.

Cowboom is owned by Best Buy; I ordered a PSP from them a couple of weeks ago. The condition was 6, light scratches, and I'm happy with it. There aren't any noticeable scratches on the screen.

I saw a 20GB 360 for $49!! I want to score a $120 PS3 but it looks like they're only showing DS, 360, and Wii deals right now...

\ DS XL for $79

[quote name='Z-Saber']I'd be in for an XL if I could find it on their mobile site.[/QUOTE]

All i seem to be getting is a condition 5 midnight blue xl for $80.
grin.jpg

Saw the Pokemon DSi, added to cart, then nothing. Tried again for 15 minutes.

Stupid site! Going back to bed ...

[quote name='h8b1llg8ts']Saw the Pokemon DSi, added to cart, then nothing. Tried again for 15 minutes.

Stupid site! Going back to bed ...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when they run deals like this, it is very frustrating. Even getting an item in your cart is no guarantee that you can check out at the end of it.

Last time they had this sale I bought a Midnight Blue DSi Xl from them for $79.99 condition 5 and it was in great condition. Unfortunately It didnt come with the charger like it said it was supposed to. So i contacted them and they gave me a $15 refund so that I could go buy one. I'm totally happy with the outcome.

I used the moble site and was able to snag a 20GB Pro for $70 + Shipping...mainly wanted it for the HDMI out as I'm still on an original 360 without the HDMI port.

This site (cowboom) is GAWD AWFULL!!!!!
The only page I have ever (even before today) been able to load is the deal page.
No search, or cart or anything.
You would think that Best Buy would at least try to pretend that they are not associated with such crappy tech (like what runs this site), but I guess not.

just wanted to add that i got a PSP from here a while back and it came in great shape. site issues aside, definitely worth it if you can get through the buying process.

They have always sold dsi xl's for $80(usually grade 4-5, now 6s), i think too much publicity on other deals sites killed them with traffic. i've been trying to get an xl hoping people will be trying to upgrade to a vita but apparently so is everyone else on the internet.

I might just buy it new since its a handheld and people might have taken it to the bathroom to go #2 :whistle2:#

Well I have never had issues with the site myself, bought two ds lites couple years ago, and a Wii for 59.99 two weeks ago, the Wii was flawless but came with two controllers and no nunchucks, instead of one controller and a nunchuk like it said, that was no biggie. They have a tendency to grade on a scale where they make em seem worse then they are as far as condition etc. They also have warrantys available for purchase as well.

As an FYI, I picked up an Xbox 360 slim 4GB from them the last time they had this (about 3 weeks ago) and the internal wireless card was shot.

I bought a refurbished Zune HD (don't judge me) from them around Christmas, and I couldn't be more pleased with the condition. Works great and only has extremely minor flaws that require a magnifying glass to find. Buying used online is always a crapshoot, but you're much more likely to get a good product than you would buying used from GameStop. I intend to buy a PSP from them once the price is right. Highly recommended.

I hope that their condition rating system is reliable - a DSi XL with a rating of 9 just popped up for me. Sadly, I had to pay tax on the purchase, and my wife is going to be mad with the impulse purchase.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Interesting. A 360 arcade for $60 + $5 shipping is up on my screen right now. Of course, I really want a refurb PS3 to show up for that same price.;)[/QUOTE]

No, just an 80GB PS3 for $99.

Whoa. A 60gb PS3 for $90 + $5 shipping just popped up for me. But it's only a rating of 5. I opened another page for chuckles and loaded the DOTD and it brought the same console up. Then I hit F5 and it brought up a slim 360 4gb for $100.:shock:

But with the 60gb PS3 listing it doesn't list a controller in the 'what's included' portion of the listing.:whistle2:s

It lists THIS:

What's in the box?
PS3 Ac Power Cord A/V Cable Warranty Seal

DSi XL for $85 shipped. Rating was 5 though, not sure how accurate their rating system is. I think I am going to pass.

...and a 4GB 360 for $105 shipped. Pretty solid deal, again a 5.

I ordered a grade 5 Wii system last time they had this sale and it was in great condition. It almost looked brand new.

if you're worried about items disappearing, just add them to your cart and then read the description. I added and Xbox and it wasn't for about 15 minutes till i finally bought it and checked out fine.

[quote name='SuperRocker47']if you're worried about items disappearing, just add them to your cart and then read the description. I added and Xbox and it wasn't for about 15 minutes till i finally bought it and checked out fine.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't always work. I've had stuff in my cart before, and then when I check out it would disappear.

It seems they may have fixed the cart, I finally got an order for a DSI XL placed. I picked up a PSP Go from them in great shape a while back, hopefully the DSI will be in as good of shape.

Sweet, managed to grab a 60GB PS3 for $103 with tax and shipping. Hopefully it comes in decent enough condition, was looking for a backup PS3 since my kids have basically hijacked mine.

bread's done
Back