Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Preorder $57.98 Amazon (PS3)

Hmm, I disagree. By comparison to say NewEgg's deal, Amazon offers free release date delivery for Prime members and it comes with the preorder bonus which you would have to pay MSRP plus tax at the store to get so that's already a few dollars off the value (assuming, of course, you live in a state that doesn't charge tax for games.)

But hey man, I don't know, I was on the fence about it before because I have a NewEgg preorder already, but I had credit at Amazon and the $2 difference made the decision for me, so there's no need to be a Debbie Downer over here.

The real deal was when they had the Special Editions for $59.99 about a month ago and they sold out of the PS3 version at that price. With no tax and free shipping, you save about $15-20 The Special Editions have ALL of the pre-order DLC that Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop have in one collection and two extra guns not included in the pre-order offers as well as some other miscellaneous items.

[quote name='Tarskidx']The real deal was when they had the Special Editions for $59.99 about a month ago and they sold out of the PS3 version at that price. With no tax and free shipping, you save about $15-20 The Special Editions have ALL of the pre-order DLC that Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop have in one collection and two extra guns not included in the pre-order offers as well as some other miscellaneous items.[/QUOTE]

This is true. I feel foolish now because I didn't even give the game a chance back then and now that I've seen a few videos and that recent GameSpot tournament, I'm actually really excited about the game. :/

Goes to show ya, buy now, think later. D:

My motto is ALWAYS pre-order on Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop now since they never authorize your card until it is ready to ship. This way, I can lock in the lowest price and be assured all pre-order stuff in case there is a cut off date. In the event I want to go with one company over another when it comes closer to release date, I simply cancel the ones I don't want. I pre-ordered both the regular and special editions on all 3 sites not knowing which bonuses I wanted to go with. When I found out all pre-order DLC and more were already on the special editions, I cancelled my Best Buy and Gamestop orders and stuck with Amazon, as I was already locked into their lowest price for the special editions without having to do anything. I just cancelled the standard editions and no tax and free shipping on top of the $10 off was the icing on the cake. Now, I did pre-order the game on Capcom's site as well to get the free sign for Raccoon City. LOL

[quote name='Tarskidx']My motto is ALWAYS pre-order on Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop now since they never authorize your card until it is ready to ship. This way, I can lock in the lowest price and be assured all pre-order stuff in case there is a cut off date. In the event I want to go with one company over another when it comes closer to release date, I simply cancel the ones I don't want. I pre-ordered both the regular and special editions on all 3 sites not knowing which bonuses I wanted to go with. When I found out all pre-order DLC and more were already on the special editions, I cancelled my Best Buy and Gamestop orders and stuck with Amazon, as I was already locked into their lowest price for the special editions without having to do anything. I just cancelled the standard editions and no tax and free shipping on top of the $10 off was the icing on the cake. Now, I did pre-order the game on Capcom's site as well to get the free sign for Raccoon City. LOL[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. This definitely seems the sure fire way to get the best content at the best price. Placing orders across 3 sites would have scared me if there was a chance all that money was coming out of my account. Thanks for the reassurance.
grin.jpg

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']This is true. I feel foolish now because I didn't even give the game a chance back then and now that I've seen a few videos and that recent GameSpot tournament, I'm actually really excited about the game. :/

Goes to show ya, buy now, think later. D:[/QUOTE]
Same boat as you I regret not pre-ordering the SE for $60. The best bet you can go for now is the capcom deal you get a metal raccoon city sign when you pre order

Didn't see the tournament videos yet,but am still on the fence after seeing some recent videos on it.It had some pretty shoddy animations,and the enemy soldiers had some of the worse AI I ever seen.I hope that wasn't a final build,cause I really want this game to be good.

[quote name='GUNNM']Same boat as you I regret not pre-ordering the SE for $60. The best bet you can go for now is the capcom deal you get a metal raccoon city sign when you pre order[/QUOTE]

The thing about Capcom is the 8.75 shipping Dx

[quote name='themaster20000']Didn't see the tournament videos yet,but am still on the fence after seeing some recent videos on it.It had some pretty shoddy animations,and the enemy soldiers had some of the worse AI I ever seen.I hope that wasn't a final build,cause I really want this game to be good.[/QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sure about the AI, I saw some problems with it in the earlier builds too, but I expect they'll have fixed it. If not, at the very least the main reason I wanted to pick it up was multiplayer, which will be fun regardless of the AI... one would hope. Check out the vids though, the pvp seems like a really intense affair with all them zombies running around.

[quote name='BiggNick']I'm on the fence about it because it's developed by Slant Six Games...don't really like their work.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Their work on SOCOM Confrontation was a legendary failure. This plus no open beta means I will wait until after launch before buying.

[quote name='skubish']Agreed. Their work on SOCOM Confrontation was a legendary failure. This plus no open beta means I will wait until after launch before buying.[/QUOTE]

Well, SOCOM Confrontation had a few problems. But, after some updates, they were barely existent. I actually owned it and enjoyed it for the most part. Besides which, judging from what people who have actually played earlier builds of ORC are saying, they don't have many complaints.

I'll likely wait for some real criticism before opening my copy, but I'm sure the worry is for naught.

bread's done
Back