(DEAD) Game of Thrones [Blu-ray] - W/ Exclusive Packaging + Keychain - $34.99 @ BB

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Best Buy has lowered their pre-order price for Game of Thrones on Blu down to $34.99 (DVD is $29.99). They have two exclusive covers to choose from (Stark or Targaryen) plus it comes with a cool keychain. This releases on March 6th.

LINK

Amazon has now PM'd them (no special packaging or keychain however)

f_gamethronKC20108_03.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear. This is almost impulse buy territory. I haven't seen it yet.

I'd get the black/red cover, though. Looks awesome.

Bluray.com gave GoT a perfect score for content, video quality and audio quality.

I think im going to have to jump on this, doubt it will be much cheaper for awhile give its HBO... does anyone know if BB charges now or when it ships/pickup for preorders?

In for one, I've never seen or read but I heard it's great.

I asked Mitnosi which to grab and he said Stark all the way.

Thanks OP

Awesome price. Best Buy site says they have a policy of pre-order price matching, so hopefully they follow through without giving me a hard time. I ordered back when it was 55, figuring it would drop (although not this early).

Doesn't look like they even have the standard cover at all anymore. Anybody know if this is an actual box, or just a slipcover/slipcase that goes over the standard edition?

Here's my issue. I can watch any episode I want on HBO GO. Also When this series ends there will be a super duper King of The North Box set which I'll want and will come out to be less than buying them individually. Might have to pass.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Here's my issue. I can watch any episode I want on HBO GO. Also When this series ends there will be a super duper King of The North Box set which I'll want and will come out to be less than buying them individually. Might have to pass.[/QUOTE]

Waiting usually = cheaper prices be it gaming or movies. I'm sure 7 years from now you'll be able to buy the complete series boxset in a superior format to blu-ray for a fraction of the cost.

[quote name='abhinav']Ok I already have an order at Best Buy, how do I get them to easily price adjust this?[/QUOTE]

im in the same boat. anyone have an answer?

[quote name='masterchief2291']im in the same boat. anyone have an answer?[/QUOTE]

I called them, found a nice lady at CS who said she couldn't change my order but would have them send me a $18 gift card (original order of $52.99 - current $34.99 = $17.99). Not ideal but works well enough for me. I'll need to make sure Best Buy sends it though.

[quote name='masterchief2291']im in the same boat. anyone have an answer?[/QUOTE]
This is Best Buy, nothing comes easy. I called for a price adjustment and for whatever reason they couldn't update the order. So they gave me a case number and said someone would call me. Good old Best Buy..anywhere else would have fixed it no problem. Here I'm sure I'd never even get the lower price had I not seen this thread.

[quote name='Scorch']Oh dear. This is almost impulse buy territory. I haven't seen it yet.

I'd get the black/red cover, though. Looks awesome.

Bluray.com gave GoT a perfect score for content, video quality and audio quality.[/QUOTE]This really is just about the price range for an impulse buy, especially based on the persistently high pricing of HBO shows' season sets. I haven't watched this either. :bomb:

HNNNNNGGGGG

EDIT: I suppose I could always keep the Blu-ray sealed, watch the series through my library as I planned, and decide whether to keep it or sell it at a premium. I'll have to think about it... :whistle2:k

I have no idea which one to get. I like the Targaryen art, but they're more secondary characters? I haven't watched it yet. We got HBO for True Blood and this, but they never put up episode one on OnDemand...

[quote name='ssjmichael']Worse case you could just cancel the existing order and re-order[/QUOTE]

i tried cancelling on the site but it gave me an error. sigh it must be because they already shipped the keychain.

EDIT: while it did give me an error message on the site, it did cancel it. i got all my money back, save for the 5 dollars they value the keychain at.

This pushed me over. I ordered the Game Of Thrones Targaryen Bluray set.
Plus I had a $10 rewards certificate I've been holding onto waiting for something to get.
This was perfect. Thanks OP.

Definitely picking this up for this price. I had to go with the Stark version. One it matches the key chain and two they are my favorite. The Targaryen box set is cooler looking though. Great deal and a nice free key chain.

Bought the Stark Blu-ray w/ the sweet key chain for in-store pickup (BR) and delivery via standard shipping (key chain). At least I can count on making more than just my money back if I decide I don't like the show :)shock:).

[quote name='ArthurDayne']Awesome price. Best Buy site says they have a policy of pre-order price matching, so hopefully they follow through without giving me a hard time. I ordered back when it was 55, figuring it would drop (although not this early).

Doesn't look like they even have the standard cover at all anymore. Anybody know if this is an actual box, or just a slipcover/slipcase that goes over the standard edition?[/QUOTE]It's likely to be a different slipcover with a different UPC code, rather than a slipcover that fits over the standard edition.

When BB did their "exclusive" versions of Thor and Captain America, it was a slipcover that fit over the "normal" version. This might be the same here, though I'm not sure.

This is their pre-order guarantee for items ordered on BB.com:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Movies-...cat258300050048&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01#4

[quote name='ShockandAww']This is Best Buy, nothing comes easy. I called for a price adjustment and for whatever reason they couldn't update the order. So they gave me a case number and said someone would call me. Good old Best Buy..anywhere else would have fixed it no problem. Here I'm sure I'd never even get the lower price had I not seen this thread.[/QUOTE]They should auto-adjust it when it ships out, otherwise you'll have to call them after it ships out to get the difference back.

I'd screen cap or print to PDF a copy or the product page now that it's $34.99, so you have some proof if it goes up at release time. Since Boardwalk Empire released at $34.99, I think this will be the price at release.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Worse case you could just cancel the existing order and re-order[/QUOTE]Don't do that because they'll bill you for the $5 that the pre-order item costs you if you bought it separately. I went through that and it was a huge PITA and had to return the first pre-order bonus keychain in-store to get the money back for it.

[quote name='masterchief2291']i tried cancelling on the site but it gave me an error. sigh it must be because they already shipped the keychain.

EDIT: while it did give me an error message on the site, it did cancel it. i got all my money back, save for the 5 dollars they value the keychain at.[/QUOTE]You can return it in-store, since your order history will show you "returning" the free item and being billed $5 + tax for the pre-order item that is no longer bundled with the order. You can cancel the BD/DVD set though to get back your $5, you'll need to return it in-store.

Ok shrike will do that, thanks.

ssj I would do exactly that except I used reward zone certs on it and there's no way I'm going to deal with a price adjustment and trying to get back my reward zone certs. I never have a good experience with BB when it comes to this stuff. I mean it always ends up ok, but it takes forever for them to fix issues in my experience.

Alright! Amazon matched the price. I had like $2.25 off my order from the gold box, so I'll stick with my Amazon order.

EDIT: does anyone know how amazon will handle my gold box discount? Will my $2.25 off carry over to the new price, or will the 5% off be based on the $34.99 price?

[quote name='Easystride']Alright! Amazon matched the price. I had like $2.25 off my order from the gold box, so I'll stick with my Amazon order.

EDIT: does anyone know how amazon will handle my gold box discount? Will my $2.25 off carry over to the new price, or will the 5% off be based on the $34.99 price?[/QUOTE]

The 5% will be based on the lower price. (So 34.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Easystride']Alright! Amazon matched the price. I had like $2.25 off my order from the gold box, so I'll stick with my Amazon order.

EDIT: does anyone know how amazon will handle my gold box discount? Will my $2.25 off carry over to the new price, or will the 5% off be based on the $34.99 price?[/QUOTE]Gold box discount is always 5% off the price of the item, so at $34.99, it would be $1.75 off the price, or $33.24.

I originally preordered at the $55 price by applying $50 worth of gift cards to my order. When it dropped to $45, I called and was told that they could not edit the order, but added extensive notes to my order and said that they would just refund the difference back to my CC (which was on file to pay the overage from the original price) - but that I had to call again after it came out to make sure.

Now that it's at $34.99, they might hesitate to do that, so I think I'll need to call again... sigh.

[quote name='AkariK']I originally preordered at the $55 price by applying $50 worth of gift cards to my order. When it dropped to $45, I called and was told that they could not edit the order, but added extensive notes to my order and said that they would just refund the difference back to my CC (which was on file to pay the overage from the original price) - but that I had to call again after it came out to make sure.

Now that it's at $34.99, they might hesitate to do that, so I think I'll need to call again... sigh.[/QUOTE]

Just cancel and reorder.

[quote name='AkariK']I originally preordered at the $55 price by applying $50 worth of gift cards to my order. When it dropped to $45, I called and was told that they could not edit the order, but added extensive notes to my order and said that they would just refund the difference back to my CC (which was on file to pay the overage from the original price) - but that I had to call again after it came out to make sure.

Now that it's at $34.99, they might hesitate to do that, so I think I'll need to call again... sigh.[/QUOTE]Wait until it ships out and the order is completed, then call them back and make sure you get the difference back after the order's completed.

I tried to do that before I canceled and reordered (which I'm regretting having done now) and it was a giant mess.

Keep a link to the pre-order guarantee page I listed above and screen cap the $34.99 price. That will be all you need to do to get the $34.99 + tax price, which would be a $20 credit back somewhere. Credit card would be easiest.

[quote name='pjb16']Just cancel and reorder.[/QUOTE]They'll bill you $5 for the keychain, if you pre-ordered that and it shipped out, or since the price of the keychain is now $29.99 :whistle2:s , they may bill you that now for canceling the pre-order.

[quote name='shrike4242']Wait until it ships out and the order is completed, then call them back and make sure you get the difference back after the order's completed.

I tried to do that before I canceled and reordered (which I'm regretting having done now) and it was a giant mess.

Keep a link to the pre-order guarantee page I listed above and screen cap the $34.99 price. That will be all you need to do to get the $34.99 + tax price, which would be a $20 credit back somewhere. Credit card would be easiest.

They'll bill you $5 for the keychain, if you pre-ordered that and it shipped out, or since the price of the keychain is now $29.99 :whistle2:s , they may bill you that now for canceling the pre-order.[/QUOTE]

My bad, I was thinking he ordered on Amazon with gift cards.

[quote name='Slappybob']:bomb:ARGH! I can't decide which one to choose! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

The first book/season focuses on the house Stark. If that makes it any easier for you.

Stark all the way!

Couldn't resist the $34.99 price on Amazon especially when it was in my Gold Box today for $33.24. After tax Amazon came out to be $5 cheaper then Best Buy.

A tiny bit annoyed that I can't pick both up at the same time. I have to pick up the keychain by March 1, then go a few days later for the bluray...

[quote name='elessar123']A tiny bit annoyed that I can't pick both up at the same time. I have to pick up the keychain by March 1, then go a few days later for the bluray...[/QUOTE]That's primarily why I chose in-store pickup for just the Blu-ray; I hope that BBY packages the keychain securely when they ship it to me.

Keychain was not available for shipping nor was it available for pickup at my local store so I decided to go with Amazon instead.

[quote name='Vigilante']That's primarily why I chose in-store pickup for just the Blu-ray; I hope that BBY packages the keychain securely when they ship it to me.[/QUOTE]They won't. It'll be tossed in a thin plastic mailer without any protection on it. The keychain itself is in a cardboard "case", so it's not just flopping around in the mailer on its own.

The two that I received survived the trip OK.

[quote name='shrike4242']They won't. It'll be tossed in a thin plastic mailer without any protection on it. The keychain itself is in a cardboard "case", so it's not just flopping around in the mailer on its own.

The two that I received survived the trip OK.[/QUOTE]So do you recommend I switch the keychain to in-store pickup as well by calling 1-800-BESTBUY?

[quote name='Vigilante']So do you recommend I switch the keychain to in-store pickup as well by calling 1-800-BESTBUY?[/QUOTE]Assuming you can find a store that still has them and that the keychain hasn't already shipped out, yes I would.

If someone really wants a keychain but can't find one let me know. I know the store by me had 2-3 left and I can pick one up to ship to you.

It'd only cost a few bucks since I can return the $5 pre-order for my money back.

This is annoyingly tempting to buy now.

I love the art of the Targaryen, but the Stark one suits it better... argh!

Im going for a blind buy and this will help me decide which exclusive:

1: What family is Sean Bean part of?
2. Who are the Targaryen? Bad guys, rival family? weirdo freaks? Badasses? Keep it spoiler free please :)

[quote name='Ravenous']Im going for a blind buy and this will help me decide which exclusive:

2. Who are the Targaryen? Bad guys, rival family? weirdo freaks? Badasses? Keep it spoiler free please :)[/QUOTE]

1. Stark
2. The other family of sexy blondes.

[quote name='Ravenous']Im going for a blind buy and this will help me decide which exclusive:

2. Who are the Targaryen? Bad guys, rival family? weirdo freaks? Badasses? Keep it spoiler free please :)[/QUOTE]

Stark to answer #1

bread's done
Back