XBLA - Jet Set Radio - 9.19.2012 - 800pts - 100% Of OG Soundtrack Included!

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
This made me super happy!

http://www.viddler.com/v/d9bde874

----------------

http://www.themexbox.com/index.php?topic=4442.0

2/28 Update:

[quote name='joystiq.com']Sega's extremely subtle teaser turned out to be for an update of Jet Set Radio after all! Sega is re-releasing the beloved Dreamcast skating/vandalism action-adventure this summer on XBLA, PSN (for PS3), and PC download -- under the proper name. None of that "grind" nonsense. The in-progress screens show an HD presentation that looks just like the original, but smoother.

Sega hasn't said anything about whether you'll be able to import your own graffiti images as was possible in the Dreamcast version. The publisher is, however, holding a contest to solicit eighteen winning images for inclusion in the game. Prizes include copies of the game, a solar-powered Bluetooth speaker system, and Jet Set Radio hoodies and beverage shakers.[/QUOTE]

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/28/jet-set-radio-tags-xbla-psn-pc-this-summer-sega-holding-graff/

jetsetradio1.jpg

jetsetradio2.jpg

jetsetradio3.jpg

jetsetradio4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This game was the reason I always wanted to buy a Dreamcast, but never did. I can finally rectify that mistake. Dope.

[quote name='mykevermin']Which one had the fucking Rob Zombie song? That one can go, but the rest of the soundtrack can stay.

My favorite track was from the sequel. Still gets me hyped for the game to this day.
[/quote]

It was JGR, toward the end of the game it shows up, yeah, not the best choice for a game like this, I love both soundtracks for JGR and JSRF, awesome games.

Oh man, I am so happy right now. Really hoping they can lock down the original soundtrack , something tells me to lean towards a pessimistic outcome though. Yeah there might be an option for a custom soundtrack, but it's just not the same.

Here's a sad revelation: even though I've played Shenmue and JGR about 4 times each on Dreamcast and love the crap out of them, I've never played their Xbox sequels. What the hell is wrong with me!?

I'm happy hearing it coming out, I just hope they keep the org music and not go the way of crazy taxi sound track when it was rereleased.:bouncy:

Pretty excited but I still have nightmares of hearing that fucking annoying "Super Brother" song over and over just because I couldn't make one weirdly timed jump in the game.

I'm sure it won't have the ability to use your own graphics as graffiti which was probably my favorite feature of the original game. I'll probably get it but will wait for a sale.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Pretty excited but I still have nightmares of hearing that fucking annoying "Super Brother" song over and over just because I couldn't make one weirdly timed jump in the game.[/QUOTE]

Annoying? That tune rocked that game so hard. So many good tunes in the game, and the challenge of the gameplay, the graphics, and the fun of it all made it so that I rarely got sick of a tune. Although I agree, Rob Zombie can take a hike. Didn't fit the soundtrack at all.

Now that I know about this, I want it to happen so bad...which makes me think there's no way they'll have the soundtrack preserved. What they should do is allow you to use MP3s from your library, and leave it to the player to recreate the soundtracks. (I have them somewhere, too.)

And JSRF didn't work for me. They took all the fun out of tagging, and they had maybe one or two good tunes with a shitload of filler

I LOVED this game. JGR and JSRF were both awesome. I couldn't play enough of them. This will be an easy day one purchase for me.

Was talking about this game early in correspondence and realized this topic hadn't been updated.

Jet Set Radio HD retains half of original track list

A better title for that link is probably The Deavid Soul tracks WILL NOT be included. I don't see how anyone can view that positively, the question is just how detrimental you think that is to the overall experience.

I'm surprised they won't allow you to use your own MP3s and customize area soundtracks. That would resolve a lot of problems. I recall XBOX titles that allowed this, but I don't recall reading it being included in titles anymore, in part because I'm out of the loop on a lot of console stuff. Is there any chance this might allow for soundtrack customization?

Is this game still even coming out? Since Sega is going with the whole restructuring of their games they haven't even released any news of the game since. That and doesn't bode well that all rumors point to Shenmue being canned for XBLA and PSN as well.

[quote name='bardockkun']Is this game still even coming out? Since Sega is going with the whole restructuring of their games they haven't even released any news of the game since. That and doesn't bode well that all rumors point to Shenmue being canned for XBLA and PSN as well.[/QUOTE]

I think we would have heard something if it were cancelled. There's some money to be made here, I'd be very surprised if it didn't come out. We haven't heard much since there probably isn't much to talk about. April seems a bit early to start talking about a Summer release of a Dreamcast port with minor changes.

[quote name='dothog']Annoying? That tune rocked that game so hard.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it was definitely annoying after hearing it looped 4 or 5 times in a row. Eventually turned the sound off until I cleared that area.

The Rob Zombie song was only in the US version of the game so I'd assume that it won't make an appearance in this port...seems like it would take a lot of effort that isn't worth it to begin with. It was weird how that song popped up in so many games in the early 00's.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Nope, it was definitely annoying after hearing it looped 4 or 5 times in a row. Eventually turned the sound off until I cleared that area.[/QUOTE]

We'll have to agree to disagree. Or duel to the death. Your pick, but, like, whatever, man.

I didn't want to editorialize in being a link contributor up there, but if they aren't allowing me to customize the soundtrack with my own MP3s, then I'm done with this re-make. When you lose Deavid Soul, you lose dothog.

Of course the game will work for most people without DS, but part of this developing re-release craze isn't just getting new sales, it's selling the same product twice to nostalgic saps. I'm willing to be a nostalgic sap, but you've got to preserve most of the original experience to get me to buy in. JGR + HD - DS != JGR HD

I got straight up algebraic on your ass, sega.

[quote name='bardockkun']Is this game still even coming out? Since Sega is going with the whole restructuring of their games they haven't even released any news of the game since. That and doesn't bode well that all rumors point to Shenmue being canned for XBLA and PSN as well.[/QUOTE]

I heard Shenmue HD was done, but postponed until Sega has a better idea about the direction of the series.

... in other words we'll probably never see it.

[quote name='starmask2k3']is it the :xbox: one or for the Arcade[/QUOTE]

I assume you mean Dreamcast or XBox, not Xbox or arcade, since there was no arcade JSR/JGR game. This 360 release is the Dreamcast game.

To add on to what Kane said, the one for the original xbox was JSRF and was a sequel. This is a dreamcast port of the original JSR game.

Aww, I thought it fit the mood of the level it's used in quite well. but I always like Rob Zombie's radio-played songs alright.

Music is subjective, Rodimus. Surely you know this. Dragula is memorable to many who played the original game and thus of course should be included if possible. The trailer hints at more song announcements, so we still don't know exactly what won't make the cut anyway.

[quote name='Rodimus']You're right. I dislike Dragula for personal reasons.[/QUOTE]

No, you were right the first time. It can be shown that tune categorically blows. Scientifically, homeopathically, audiotorially, however you break it down, it's shit.

The mid to late 90s electronic/dance/hiphop sound is the soul of the game. It's why Dragula, the "Doo wop listen to the music" song, and the Guitar Vader songs feel out of place. (Although I'd argue Guitar Vader works for J-pop/rock weirdness.)

I spent so much time on this game, it came with my original xbox. I wonder if it's backwards compatible and if I can find my disk. I'll go look!

[quote name='Dthib87']I spent so much time on this game, it came with my original xbox. I wonder if it's backwards compatible and if I can find my disk. I'll go look![/QUOTE]

Jet Set Radio did not come with your original XBox. The game you're referring to is backwards compatible, though.

Yeah, its jsrf and the box is empty :( damned kids. I did find kotor1 though! And I'm going to play it tonight amazing game.

What's the .1 percent?

Glad they put the work into including everything - the full soundtrack from all regions. Feel pretty compelled to buy this on release even if just to reward the effort.

bread's done
Back