- - - - -

[DEAD] March 2012 @Gamer $10 Batman AC, $15 FF XIII-2, $5 ME2, Rage, Bulletstorm

#3511 mr mellow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

mr mellow

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

This was certainly an great month for gaming and take in to fact that the coupons actually worked a few days prior to the active date with no override needed made it even sweeter, so what ever happens moving forward this month definitely makes up for the times when we were denied actually stacking coupons on sales prices. AND, B:AC went on sell not once but twice! awesome month indeed :applause:

#3512 anaconda2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

anaconda2

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

I was able to get Dead Island Special Edition for X360 used at closing time for $12.49. It was marked $24.99 and I used the $10 off coupon, but it took $12.50 off, for some reason. No DLC included, just a different cover.

#3513 technicalstylez   Colors User CAGiversary!   3553 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

technicalstylez

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

I was able to get Dead Island Special Edition for X360 used at closing time for $12.49. It was marked $24.99 and I used the $10 off coupon, but it took $12.50 off, for some reason. No DLC included, just a different cover.

extra 2.50 off with gcu.

#3514 scblueeyedguy   Future Gadget Laboratory Technician CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

scblueeyedguy

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:26 AM

Used the last of my coupons today to get 3 FFXIII-2 and a used Ocarina of Time 3D. Also had a crazy time getting a price match on WKC2 too. No GS had a sealed one, but when BB called to check they told them the price was $30. Had to walk down to GS to get the ad, to show the BB employee the GS employee was an idiot. Cheers to March @BB!

#3515 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4485 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

Goodbye March. You were agreat month.

#3516 heyheyhey11   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

heyheyhey11

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:18 AM

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Goodbye March. You were agreat month.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

#3517 KtMack23   Retired from CAGing CAGiversary!   2482 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

I loved u so much, don't leave me!

#3518 earvcunanan   I'm cool. CAGiversary!   3357 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

earvcunanan

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

March, please come back to us! We will miss you.

#3519 coopscohen   All Skill, No Luck CAGiversary!   2774 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

Made one last run and picked up Rage, BAC (with Robin DLC), FFXIII-2 and KZ3 using a coupon for each game. About $50 after purchase of the magazine. The BB I went to still had about 20 of the March issues on the shelves.

#3520 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1543 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

It was great, especially the 12.XX 3D ocarina of time!

#3521 advanced   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

Ended up getting Kinect Sports for $12.50 tonight after $10 coupon. Seemed like a decent price for the mini game set and I liked Kinect Sports 2 enough. I'm pleased with it.

#3522 Greatwhitecoley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   632 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Greatwhitecoley

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

I lost my coupon and they didn't have any of the mags in so I tried the keychain app on Thursday. The lady at the register said they could no longer use printed coupons and even brought over a manager to confirm. My question is what about the people who get the digital subscription? Their obly option is prkngjng correct?

#3523 blindinglights   ... CAGiversary!   4579 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

blindinglights

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

I lost my coupon and they didn't have any of the mags in so I tried the keychain app on Thursday. The lady at the register said they could no longer use printed coupons and even brought over a manager to confirm. My question is what about the people who get the digital subscription? Their obly option is prkngjng correct?

Did you start to pass out during that last sentence?

#3524 Borellius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Borellius

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

No. For those that have the digital sub ,you get the coupons in the mail.

#3525 Ag_SurfR   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   768 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Ag_SurfR

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

it was fun while it lasted. i wish i would have picked up ff13-2 but my back log is so full i don't know when i would have played it :cry:

#3526 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8359 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

it was fun while it lasted. i wish i would have picked up ff13-2 but my back log is so full i don't know when i would have played it :cry:

Summer time is around the corner man. I'm busy with school, work, and gf at the moment. Can't wait for the summer to start.

#3527 Greatwhitecoley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   632 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Greatwhitecoley

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

Did you start to pass out during that last sentence?

Ha somewhat. I started to fall back asleep. That is good to know about the digital subs being mailed coupons. I just got a kindle fire that I am enjoying reading comics on. I may have to try and switch my sub up.

#3528 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Did a last run. Bought a mag (wasn't allowed to sign up for Unlocked gamer thing and get $5 off from the first mag I bought..meh) and got BAC and ME2. Guy left coupons in mag and went back in a few mins after and bought another BAC. Traded 3 games in elsewhere.

YMMV,but it has always paid to get the sub since last Mar. even before the coupons stacked BB AA was $15 new on the GOTY edition well before any place had it for under $25.

Had to pay 30 bucks, but at least I finally found a store with a novella.

Wish I would have noticed this thread sooner :(

here's April's(no fools joke)
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=318456

Best Buy accepts print outs of the coupons? What's stopping someone from scanning the coupons from the mag and printing out extra?

Wouldn't bet on it anymore after this months abuse things will be much stricter unless you know a rep and/or have established yourself with the gaming reps.

Went in to Best Buy today to pick up FFXIII-2. Snagged one with the Novella and asked the girl in the gaming dept. if they had anymore March magazines. She told me they didn't, but she had an extra coupon sitting under the register and said I could use it. As she was ringing me up she was telling me how much she liked the 2nd FFXIII over the 1st one. She was actually cute and I regret not asking her out. A gaming chick girlfriend would rule.

All-in-all I am very happy that I got the game for $15 + tax and didn't have to buy the magazine, and that a cute girl with actual knowledge about games checked me out. SCORE!!!!

She must not have been that cute since the "urge" for her didn't override the "urge" for gaming. The ultimate PU$$Y POWER PLAY.

Yeah, their selection of used games is pretty shitty 95% of the time.

vote in the OP for online use which would open up alot more titles.

Sad to see that the current coupons expire today. I've flipped more stuff over the last month than I did in the last year combined. I did notice that most of the BB's around me have been getting alot stricter about the coupons. Most places just scanned the coupons out of the mags or let me use the keyring app and now I'm getting a hard time. Some places won't let me use the app and want print outs of the coupons and then someplaces won't take the printed out coupons lol.

Of course they got more stricter the keyring app ISN"T their's & el hoardo made sure to abuse it so that's DOA going follow & they're not supposed to take scans/printouts anyways. People are supposed to buy the mag or sub it's that simple BB just need to make sure they have enuf mags & the "house" coupon idea in the OP will solve the problem of store running out of coupons going forward.

#3529 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

I'm not going to do some 'sound off' or whatever it's called...in 1 of those links. I'm sure BB has eyes on this board.

Best Buy, you NEED to learn how to DISTRIBUTE. It makes no sense that a 'tumbleweeds' area can have 50 magazines while your more popular areas run out. I asked the woman if they're going to move them and she said, no, they only move big items like televisions. Which is understandable. But, I can't imagine a DM can't go from 1 store to another...

However, if you want this venture to be a successful 1, you may want to have better preparation and acknowledge yourself better with the market.

Not having those mags in more popular areas may have cost you sign-ups for March. Now, those mags are a waste.

#3530 zemzero   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   45 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

Is El Hoardo a real person? I searched SD but couldn't find anything about him really.

What did he do with the Keyring app?

#3531 DealGenius  

DealGenius

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

what a great month.

Two weeks of the month with good runs at this deal.

Hope it turned out well for all :applause:

#3532 TortillaSoup   Strut B, Transformer Room CAGiversary!   484 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

TortillaSoup

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

Is El Hoardo a real person? I searched SD but couldn't find anything about him really.

:|

#3533 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2356 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:56 AM

they say he watches you while you sleep....

#3534 Ki77a KiD TRe   Crazy Ass Guero CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Ki77a KiD TRe

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

I wish the interwebz would learn the difference between SALE (pronounced like sail, SAY - L) and SELL (like prison cell).

Are contrary's grapes uv da engrish languish iz uh magazine.

#3535 zemzero   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   45 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

Alright, alright, I get it now. I just never heard that term before.

No wonder he seemed so mysterious.