- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V3! Summer Sale live from 7/12-7/22. Check OP for tips!

#1381 BigSpoonyBard   Aaaaauuugghh! CAGiversary!   10499 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

BigSpoonyBard

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

I'm pickier about these bundles. With a nearly 200 game Steam library, I don't need more games I won't play in it.

Yes, you do. Oh...you do... 8-)

#1382 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10513 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

Yes, you do. Oh...you do... 8-)

Stop tempting me! :wall:

;)

#1383 aa.jetta   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

If any of the resident Steam CAGs want a copy of Defense Grid from IndieRoyale just hit me up. Already own it so hopefully someone can give it a good home. Steam pokemon collectors need not apply (will just add to library and forget it). GONE

Keys went to louiedog.

Edited by aa.jetta, 04 April 2012 - 10:58 PM.

#1384 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Steam pokemon collectors need not apply (will just add to library and forget it).

Wait, there are other kinds of Steam users? :-P

#1385 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8839 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Ok so I tried some Blur. I am quite impressed at both singleplayer and online options. I really like how the game has just enough balance between weapons and skill unlike some other kart racers I played where winning is based on luck.

This was a fantastic $5 pickup.

#1386 BaeStuped   Better Than You CAGiversary!   21395 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Ok so I tried some Blur. I am quite impressed at both singleplayer and online options. I really like how the game has just enough balance between weapons and skill unlike some other kart racers I played where winning is based on luck.

This was a fantastic $5 pickup.

I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. My favorite modes are multiplayer battle arena mode (forget the exact name) and the power up racing mode. I like the diversity in the race tracks too and how picking the right car is crucial to having a chance at winning.

#1387 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10513 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

If any of the resident Steam CAGs want a copy of Defense Grid from IndieRoyale just hit me up. Already own it so hopefully someone can give it a good home. Steam pokemon collectors need not apply (will just add to library and forget it).

Very nice offer. I've played the demo and didn't like it, but I'm not a tower defense fan.

#1388 Spyder187   Scratch & Sniff! Banned   2473 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

If anyone is interested I have a code for the Kid Icarus 3D classics for the 3Ds I would love to trade for a 5 dollar copy of Blur.

#1389 dfg   Impecunious Ass Gamer CAGiversary!   3132 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

^ We have a thread for that.

I still have SpaceChem, and 16 other games from the Holiday event, installed, but it didn't hold my attention long enough to make me wanna play it further. I do plan to get back to it and the others though. of course, I said that about Swords and Soldiers from the '11 Summer event...

#1390 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   641 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

Sorry if this is OT since the game isn't on Steam, but I've seen tons of mentions of Faerie Solitaire here and I've never seen anybody comment on Fairway Solitaire. Faerie Solitaire pretty blatantly ripped off Fairway Solitaire. I don't really have a problem with that, but all of you who love Faerie Solitaire should give Fairway Solitaire a shot. I feel it's a much better game, but there's just enough differences between the 2 for people to like both.

You can check it out in several different places: http://www.fairwaysolitaire.com/

Faerie Solitaire is also free on iphone right now: http://appshopper.co...olitaire-mobile

#1391 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

Sorry if this is OT since the game isn't on Steam, but I've seen tons of mentions of Faerie Solitaire here and I've never seen anybody comment on Fairway Solitaire. Faerie Solitaire pretty blatantly ripped off Fairway Solitaire. I don't really have a problem with that, but all of you who love Faerie Solitaire should give Fairway Solitaire a shot. I feel it's a much better game, but there's just enough differences between the 2 for people to like both.

You can check it out in several different places: http://www.fairwaysolitaire.com/

Faerie Solitaire is also free on iphone right now: http://appshopper.co...olitaire-mobile

I snatched it up from Big Fish when they were offering it for free. The golf motif, to me, is a real turnoff.

#1392 BigSpoonyBard   Aaaaauuugghh! CAGiversary!   10499 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

BigSpoonyBard

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

I snatched it up from Big Fish when they were offering it for free. The golf motif, to me, is a real turnoff.

Golf? Give me fairies.
--M_F_A_H

#1393 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15257 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

So Brian Kramer from Subsoap sent me a Steam code for the Infinity Bundle after all...and it's invalid. :lol: I guess something doesn't want me to sacrifice my man card for a bunch of faeries and sparkly cursors.

#1394 dijeikei   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

dijeikei

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

I don't think that code was for steam.

#1395 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8839 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

So Brian Kramer from Subsoap sent me a Steam code for the Infinity Bundle after all...and it's invalid. :lol: I guess something doesn't want me to sacrifice my man card for a bunch of faeries and sparkly cursors.

The code is for their website. Basically you register on their website when they start allowing people to register again with that code they give you. After that, you will get Steam codes when the games go on sale. Kinda like how humble bundles do it where you get Steam codes on the humble bundle page. You will get Steam codes on your account page for Subsoap when the games get released.

#1396 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15257 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

The code is for their website. Basically you register on their website when they start allowing people to register again with that code they give you. After that, you will get Steam codes when the games go on sale. Kinda like how humble bundles do it where you get Steam codes on the humble bundle page. You will get Steam codes on your account page for Subsoap when the games get released.

Oh, sweet. Thanks for the info. I assumed it was a Steam code because of the format. :-#

#1397 theytookourjobz   We Gotta Go Back CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

theytookourjobz

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Finished my build yesterday and bought Bulletstorm and Blur. They both look and run phenomenally. One question though. Do most Steam games have support for a wired 360 controller? I don't play competitive FPS so I would rather use a controller than KB and mouse.

#1398 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6743 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

Finished my build yesterday and bought Bulletstorm and Blur. They both look and run phenomenally. One question though. Do most Steam games have support for a wired 360 controller? I don't play competitive FPS so I would rather use a controller than KB and mouse.

A lot do, it's not really just steam games. The 360 controller appears to be the standard for pc gaming controllers though.

#1399 HisDivineOrder   Embrace the Dealness CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

HisDivineOrder

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Every time a PC gamer uses a controller for a FPS, I suspect a puppy dies somewhere. Horribly. This is not a conspiracy. It is merely the universe wincing at the sheer insanity.

#1400 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8945 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

Every time a PC gamer uses a controller for a FPS, I suspect a puppy dies somewhere. Horribly. This is not a conspiracy. It is merely the universe wincing at the sheer insanity.

Aww, let people play how they want. If he's not playing competitively, it really doesn't matter.

#1401 theytookourjobz   We Gotta Go Back CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

theytookourjobz

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

Back when I used to play PC games, mouse/kb was fine but now I'm so used to a controller that its not worth the hassle of trying to relearn the "right" way.

#1402 PenguinJim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   628 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Aww, let people play how they want. If he's not playing competitively, it really doesn't matter.

Don't you understand?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?! Haven't you heard of... THE STEAM SURVEY???? They monitor your games... they monitor your inputs... they record EVERYTHING!!!! Then they SELL this information to DEVELOPERS who see MORE people using JOYPADS for FPS games and strategy games and point AND click adventures and THEN the developers remove KEYBOARD AND MOUSE SUPPORT!

It's happening ALREADY with UBISOFT not including keyboard and MOUSE support in ASSASSIN'S CREED: THE NEW ONE!!!!!!

#1403 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Honestly so many "PC" games are console ports these days that it makes more sense than you think.

If we were talking the old days sure I'd be right there with you 100%, but lately I play new games, fight with the controls and get irritated only to find switching to the 360 controller to make playing the game so much easier so I just give in. :-P

#1404 Kaltic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Honestly so many "PC" games are console ports these days that it makes more sense than you think.

If we were talking the old days sure I'd be right there with you 100%, but lately I play new games, fight with the controls and get irritated only to find switching to the 360 controller to make playing the game so much easier so I just give in. :-P

I usually only find this to be true with interfaces and certain genres (racing games with a m/kb no thank you). I just started playing the Penny Arcade RPGs and it would just be simpler with a controller. I mainly find issue with the fights since you have can't simply play it like an old Final Fantasy and have to move the mouse to choose the attack and then choose the enemy which is honestly just annoying and slow. Other than that the game plays out fine with a m/kb.

#1405 NvaderJim   Game Ninja CAGiversary!   613 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

I find that most arguments about kb&m vs controller are about as valid as right-handed vs left-handed.

#1406 louiedog   20 minutes into the future CAGiversary!   5646 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

I find that most arguments about kb&m vs controller are about as valid as right-handed vs left-handed.

Exactly! 10% of the people in the debate are absolutely indefensibly wrong.

Seriously, though. It's not the late 90s anymore. We're not comparing games like Quake to GoldenEye where the differences in control were huge. Both controllers and games have come a long way. You still lose precision with analog sticks but you gain analog movement control which some games take advantage of. Dual wielding works great with two triggers and two shoulder buttons and less so with m+kb. It's give and take with both control schemes and the way each particular game is built is important.

#1407 Mugatu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   969 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

Agreed - I play with both and I don't see why I would care that someone else chooses one over the other.

#1408 Mugatu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   969 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

Judging by how often the term "console port" gets erroneously tossed around it's quite obvious that many people have no idea what that even means.

#1409 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5726 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Judging by how often the term "console port" gets erroneously tossed around it's quite obvious that many people have no idea what that even means.

What do you mean the game isn't up to my expectations or have X/Y/Z?! Obviously it's a console port. :-({|=

#1410 pinkgun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

New IGN prime promotion, free indie game: Space Pirates and Zombies. steam redeemable
http://login.ign.com...me/promos/spaz/

store page
http://store.steampo...com/app/107200/