DOMINANCE: Demand for PS2/PSP so high Sony can't meet it

I can't agree more with the article, with the economy the way it is and the price of the console, games, and accessories it makes sense to buy the last gen console. You can easily pickup a decent collection of games for less than $50, a PS2 for $30-40, and a memory card $10 all for around $100. Heck I picked up 2 brand new PS2 Slims for around $40 and recently picked up my first PSP 3000 for $40 from Craigslist. The only problem nowadays is that some Gamestops are slowly phasing out PS2 games so better pick them up for cheap.

I'm really surprised to hear this considering most stores seem to be getting rid of their PS2 items especially consoles. Target got rid of their consoles on clearance last Spring, they disappeared from the Best Buy stores near me and Sears put a lot of models on clearance too. I still use my PS2 a lot (I have most of my Guitar Hero and Rock Band games for PS2) but I thought I was the exception.

My local Best Buy clearanced out the PS2 two months ago. The last price I saw before they disappeared was $59.99. The only stores I have seen a PS2 at recently is Wal-Mart.... and I would guess those days are numbered.

PS2 FTW!

I just bought a new slim about 2 months ago at Best Buy for around $40 to replace my old fatty. I wouldn't have done it, but I have picked up a ton of games this year.

Out of all the consoles I own the PS2 is my favorite. There's so many great games on the PS2 that it deserves all the sales it has gotten.

so i konw this was some time ago but whats everyones throughts on this now ? to me im not even srue the stats are there ( as far as the PSP is concerned)  and in the end piracy sort of killed it.

bread's done
Back