CAG is now a BestBuy affiliate

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
BestBuy has confirmed that CAG is now an official affiliate will get more details & post them accordingly.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/IdeaX/article-id/278/page/2#comments

March @Gamer deals-$5 Rage, $5 Mass Effect 2, $10 Batman Arkham City...
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316177

April @Gamer deals-(Possible)$20-$30 Darkness 2 & Yakuza Dead Souls, $3 Homefront & $15 Resistance 3 both USED
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318456

May @Gamer deals- $20 NCAA 2012, $20 8 GB X360 USB drive, $30 Battlefield 3(USED)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320226

Please comment on what you would expect from them & what they can expect from the CAG community.
Sound off here and/or on the BestBuy IdeaX link found here so we can get a rep here in time to guide us through the 2012 fall gaming blitz
1-Exclusive coupon packs w/ B1G1, B2G1 & Buy 1 get 40%-50% off
2-10% off weekly ad prices w/codes/coupons In-store/Online
3-CAG Only:Early access & Extended sales for Holiday/Special sale events including Black Friday!!!
4-Deal of the Day, Week & Month that can only be accessed thru CAG
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/An-Official-BestBuy-rep-joining-CAG/idi-p/475221

Also, for those who want the @gamer coupons to work for online purchases
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807

Getting the welcome kits/coupon packs avail in-store along with sponsered coupon packs instead of waiting weeks/months for them in the mail
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...n-packs-should-be-avail-in-store/idi-p/510811

Getting the perks from the old(free RZ GC) back plus more
1-10% ALL gaming products and/or 10% back in instant BB giftcard or RZ points
2-Extra $10-$30 pre-order on all CE/SE/LE priced over $60
3-20% off ALL USED gaming items
4-Coupons that allow YOU to pick games that come with $10-$20 pre-order credit
5-Make your own 5 for $80 deal or 5 for $100 deal(PS3/360/Wii/PSVIta/3DS)
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ver-quot-tier-to-the-Gamers-Club/idi-p/492283

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll throw my hat in for wanting a BB rep. What I'd expect is better communication on deals, sales and events, for all types of gamers. Too often I've had a poor experience at BB because there was just a lack of knowledge and cohesion between the sales team. (I would know about promotions before the customers, them looking at me accusingly when I point something out, etc.) I'd want this rep to make not only the CAG voice heard on deals (be they new releases, regular sales, the @Gamer coupons), but also have gaming at BB a smoother experience.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']I hate bestbuy, id rather have josh back[/QUOTE]
I'd rather have the CAG that I remember from when I joined 7 years ago, where there were no official reps, tons of clearance games to go around for everybody and I don't think I had any local competition(or any that really cared) for any of the deals.

But as I keep saying, as long as the split on deals from the official BB rep stays firmly in the majority going for the @Gamer coupon deals we're seeing now then I'll begrudgingly accept them being here.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Just out of curiosity, what was the old title?[/QUOTE]
Official BestBuy Rep joining CAG to provide deals/advice

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Official BestBuy Rep joining CAG to provide deals/advice[/QUOTE]

Ah, that is kind of deceptive.

I didn't sign up for this site until recently but from hearing about the Kmart ordeal and knowing what I know about Best Buy if we get a rep it won't be long before the deals become terrible.

I don't know what mastermind is giving us deals like $5 Rage and $10 Arkham City and if anyone high up in actually knows about it but I think we should just not stir the pot and take what we can get.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I didn't sign up for this site until recently but from hearing about the Kmart ordeal and knowing what I know about Best Buy if we get a rep it won't be long before the deals become terrible.

I don't know what mastermind is giving us deals like $5 Rage and $10 Arkham City and if anyone high up in actually knows about it but I think we should just not stir the pot and take what we can get.[/QUOTE]

Most people don't remember that Josh was strongly against those $2-3 dollar clearance games. I mean best buy doesn't have those kind of clearance any more but you can also bet that the buy 2 get 1 glitch would not last as long if we got a rep here

Enuf,

I know what you're trying to do, help CAGs clear up issues with some deals and those pre-order bonus problems from Q4, etc. But I am another who thinks that having an official rep here is just gonna get glitches and fluke deals (like free after coupon) shut down fast.

It's in Best Buy's benefit to be here (promote deals, get feedback) but I don't know if it's in the best interest for all CAGs. After all, if we have problems with Best Buy deals we already have their forums, no?

[quote name='62t']Most people don't remember that Josh was strongly against those $2-3 dollar clearance games. I mean best buy doesn't have those kind of clearance any more but you can also bet that the buy 2 get 1 glitch would not last as long if we got a rep here[/QUOTE]
Its not like best buy employees and reps don't lurk on these forums already...

Does the positives of getting a rep that has the ability to solve problems, get our feedback, provide us exclusive deals not outweigh the negatives of taking advantage of glitches?

Josh has improved the video game section of my kmart drastically from when he took over. Games are organized neatly and I never had an issue with the coupons. Sure it was not all Kmarts that went smoothly like mines but how much can one person do in a short amount of time. He did offer to take care of anyone that had any issues personally though.

[quote name='htz']Its not like best buy employees and reps don't lurk on these forums already...

Does the positives of getting a rep that has the ability to solve problems, get our feedback, provide us exclusive deals not outweigh the negatives of taking advantage of glitches?

Josh has improved the video game section of my kmart drastically from when he took over. Games are organized neatly and I never had an issue with the coupons. Sure it was not all Kmarts that went smoothly like mines but how much can one person do in a short amount of time. He did offer to take care of anyone that had any issues personally though.[/QUOTE]
But the point that people are trying to make here is that the CHEAP game deals may well go away like they did at Kmart if we had an official BB rep here.

You're a relative newbie here, so you weren't here in the times before SHC-Gamer and crew came to CAG and you could routinely go into Kmart with $20 and walk out with an armful(or two) of older yet fun titles. Sure. Some people actually care about new release titles and want to play the latest and greatest right NOW. That's all fine and well.

But if an official BB gaming rep were to pop up on CAG, what's to say they wouldn't be constrained by a gaming department budget similar to what SHC-Gamer was stuck with where it was EITHER new release sales with coupons or piddily clearance game price drops and they couldn't swing both? To me that would lead to disappointment for gamers like myself who don't mind getting 6 months to two(or more) year old games but only if they're at a significant discount.

You can't please everybody all the time, but the way BB is running things now, with the great discount coupons in the magazine that make some games super cheap and some slight sales on newer releases in their regular flyer is just fine.

We don't need anymore prying eyes on CAG of any kind, especially those that may change the way things are now.:roll:

Oh and btw, the messy cases at Kmart were part of the reason I found so many great games for $2-5 or so between the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube gen and the current gen. Since they've rearranged and cleaned them up, all of the cheap stuff has been properly marked and put out where everybody else can root through them and grab up all the cheap goodness.:roll::cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But the point that people are trying to make here is that the CHEAP game deals may well go away like they did at Kmart if we had an official BB rep here.

You're a relative newbie here, so you weren't here in the times before SHC-Gamer and crew came to CAG and you could routinely go into Kmart with $20 and walk out with an armful(or two) of older yet fun titles. Sure. Some people actually care about new release titles and want to play the latest and greatest right NOW. That's all fine and well.

But if an official BB gaming rep were to pop up on CAG, what's to say they wouldn't be constrained by a gaming department budget similar to what SHC-Gamer was stuck with where it was EITHER new release sales with coupons or piddily clearance game price drops and they couldn't swing both? To me that would lead to disappointment for gamers like myself who don't mind getting 6 months to two(or more) year old games but only if they're at a significant discount.

You can't please everybody all the time, but the way BB is running things now, with the great discount coupons in the magazine that make some games super cheap and some slight sales on newer releases in their regular flyer is just fine.

We don't need anymore prying eyes on CAG of any kind, especially those that may change the way things are now.:roll:

Oh and btw, the messy cases at Kmart were part of the reason I found so many great games for $2-5 or so between the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube gen and the current gen. Since they've rearranged and cleaned them up, all of the cheap stuff has been properly marked and put out where everybody else can root through them and grab up all the cheap goodness.:roll::cry:[/QUOTE]
I have been using CAG without an account since 2008 but only usually once a year during November and December. I never could take advantage of clearance sales around the area where I live since the stores never mark anything down that is worthy of purchasing that is lower than $20.

Which leaves me only being able to take advantage of nationwide sales for B&M stores. I usually finish the games I buy new and trade or sell them immediately. If the game is truly something I want to replay, I will wait for it to drop in price, and re-buy. That is why I prefer a rep like Josh and the way he handle newly released games, it allows me to save $20, get a game day 1, support the devs, support the company offering the deal to keep people employed at my store, and provide feedback.

I hope you can see what I am getting at. I am also fine with things as they are now if BB keeps it up with offers like the $20 e-gift cards for gamer unlock members on newly released games like ME3 and continue with the coupons for $5-$10 games which are nationwide.:)

Yeah. A rep like SHC-Gamer was good for folks who like their new release games with coupons for other possible new release game purchases.

As for supporting the devs of these games, with all of the games being released recently that have been needing tons of patches just to make them work right out of the case I'd rather not support that kind of nonsense.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I didn't sign up for this site until recently but from hearing about the Kmart ordeal and knowing what I know about Best Buy if we get a rep it won't be long before the deals become terrible.

I don't know what mastermind is giving us deals like $5 Rage and $10 Arkham City and if anyone high up in actually knows about it but I think we should just not stir the pot and take what we can get.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, a BB rep? are you guys serious? BAD MOVE...

[quote name='lude21']Exactly, a BB rep? are you guys serious? BAD MOVE...[/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one who cringes when I hear this talk.

BB had a bunch of great games for $5... what more could a "rep" do? You're dreaming if you think a rep would make better/more frequent deals.

[quote name='Scorch']What a misleading thread title.[/QUOTE]the "?" wasn't there b/c I was copy/pasting from the notepad.

[quote name='bh47']Enuf,

I know what you're trying to do, help CAGs clear up issues with some deals and those pre-order bonus problems from Q4, etc. But I am another who thinks that having an official rep here is just gonna get glitches and fluke deals (like free after coupon) shut down fast.

It's in Best Buy's benefit to be here (promote deals, get feedback) but I don't know if it's in the best interest for all CAGs. After all, if we have problems with Best Buy deals we already have their forums, no?[/QUOTE]

FYI:forget the CAG lurkers you should be worried about the SD ones who steal from CAG & post there that's what'll kill the glitches.
The main reason the @gamer coupons stack with the sale prices, 5 for $100 info. got out was b/c of CAG. The SAME DEALS that people are worried about losing wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for CAG's making a fuss. Strength in #'s, Strength in #'s.

As I've been stating POST THE DEALS YOU WANT BB TO offer(New Release, Used, Older, Clearance) that way they can better craft them to meet demand. We all wanth the same thing cheap game deals but there's many different types of CAG's so they ALL need to be represented so make you opinion heard I've provided the links & BB is requesting the input.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But the point that people are trying to make here is that the CHEAP game deals may well go away like they did at Kmart if we had an official BB rep here.

We don't need anymore prying eyes on CAG of any kind, especially those that may change the way things are now.[/QUOTE]Again they can please all types of CAG's, the @gamer mag stacking isn't an accident. That's your clearance deals. BB likes those since it builds the @gamer subs. But for other who do buy on release have more $10-$20 credit deals or the creative deals what you mention before from the Kmart thread. POST THOSE DEALS that way the BB promo team can take a look & see what works.

[quote name='lude21']Exactly, a BB rep? are you guys serious? BAD MOVE...[/QUOTE]?

[quote name='soonersfan60']BB had a bunch of great games for $5... what more could a "rep" do? You're dreaming if you think a rep would make better/more frequent deals. [/QUOTE]You mean like the current $20 ME3 e-giftcard for GCU members. Say they did the same deal but made it $20 for any game pre-ordered using a coupon/code that can only be provided by the BB CAG rep. That means there's deals that'll ONLY BE for CAG's who are GCU & those who just join at that moment to get the deal WON'T. Thus the benefit of being a CAG. When they do deals like this it's easier to intice the sponsers since they'll have EXACT #'s of members, members that participate(pay) & a cheaper but direct means to advertise to them. Again post the deals you want from BB & you'll be surprised. People didn't think that the @gamer coupons would stack but BB changed that & we're probably have online use of the coupons b/c of CAG. As long as the deals make sense BB will most likely give them a go.

Added to OP

More details have been added to the ideaX threads several should make CAG's EXTREMELY happy like CAG only access to Black Friday gaming deals BEFORE the masses, Extra $10-$30 pre-order credit on higher priced SE/CE/LE, CAG only DOTD/ DOTW/DOTM & coupons the mimic TRU deals b1g1 40%-50% off.

[quote name='Cmw7290']I like the idea of exclusive CAG deals. I for one don't care about day 1 releases, I buy old games for cheap.[/QUOTE]with the update GCU & CAG deals you won't have to choose. The @gamer $10-$15 games still happen but DOTD's will be added & since they'll be CAG only it'll make it easier to get since most Slick deals people don't check CAG & your not competing with people who just check ads. Plus the benefit of the added GCU tier the discounts will allow you to make the day 1 games much cheaper and/or get more credit for those who don't wanna wait. With a healthy GC there will also be used copies of new games faster for yet another option to buy. I want gamers of all types to be satisfied with the program not just day 1 buyers.

Which do CAG prefer the most rank em?(10% GCU discount would stack will all)

40%-50% off any used game coupons

or

$15-$20 off specific used game coupons

or

$10-$15 off all used titles $30+ or $40+

[quote name='htz']I like the 40%-50% off any used game offer since you can use it on ANY game.;)[/QUOTE]true 60%(GCU included) off is great but game selection needs to be wide(which can be solved with online access for coupons) but the $10-$20 off game specific can lead to supercheap games too & be more than 60% discount.

I'd like to put in a vote for a $10 off $19.99 or higher game coupon, since there are some $20 used games I wouldn't mind picking up(if complete) for $5-10.

But another thing I'd really like to see is BB go back to requiring EVERYTHING for trade-in and stop trying to be a 100% carbon copy of GS.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'd like to put in a vote for a $10 off $19.99 or higher game coupon, since there are some $20 used games I wouldn't mind picking up(if complete) for $5-10.

But another thing I'd really like to see is BB go back to requiring EVERYTHING for trade-in and stop trying to be a 100% carbon copy of GS.[/QUOTE]I feel you on the complete trade in but the only way I see it working is by them rewarding complete trades with the "full" value & giving less credit for non complete trades. Also, that would mean the non complete trades would sell for cheaper too.

I thought about the $20 games but then if there's a 40%(50% w/GCU) or 50%(60%) off all used games that would be = to $10 off. Maybe more b2g2 on games $20 or less?

what kind of coupons should be in a special pack sent to all GCU that aren't in the welcome pack?

Any trade in coupon deals options? These probably wouldn't stack with the 40%-50% extra trade in credit probably one or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']scratch card? :lol:[/QUOTE]elaborate? Like register roulette style? 25%-50%(25%, 30%, 40% & 50%) off entire purchase or 1 item.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']yes. or even chance to win prizes.[/QUOTE]prizes mean sponsers, sponsers mean money, money = problems. What if it's like the target deals where you have to purchase 6 packs of soda along with the $60 game to get the $20 giftcard...I know BB doesn't sell soda but you see the type of tie in's that could happen.

Honestly, I'd like BB to keep it simple since they haven't exactly been getting the basics done perfectly as of yet. Now, if the sponsers come correct with top notch deals/tie ins then I'm all for it.

[quote name='Enuf']I feel you on the complete trade in but the only way I see it working is by them rewarding complete trades with the "full" value & giving less credit for non complete trades. Also, that would mean the non complete trades would sell for cheaper too.

I thought about the $20 games but then if there's a 40%(50% w/GCU) or 50%(60%) off all used games that would be = to $10 off. Maybe more b2g2 on games $20 or less?[/QUOTE]
The way it is now, I don't see myself really using any future @Gamer coupons unless it's an absolutely insane deal($5 ME2, Rage, Bulletstorm, $10 B: AC) since I'll be paying with CASH soon enough because I'm down to about $50 in credit left. Since I'm banned from trading now, I have no way to get anymore credit to use on the games and I DO NOT pay for games w/ cash unless it's something I absolutely want 100%(GTA V most likely will be a day one $60 purchase).

Besides which, a B2G2 on pre-owned games $20 or less would be kinda useless to me, since I've had and traded most of the $19.99 and under games as of now(Two Worlds II, etc).:booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'd like to put in a vote for a $10 off $19.99 or higher game coupon, since there are some $20 used games I wouldn't mind picking up(if complete) for $5-10.

But another thing I'd really like to see is BB go back to requiring EVERYTHING for trade-in and stop trying to be a 100% carbon copy of GS.[/QUOTE]
Didn't BB have that coupon last month in @gamer?

i just got my coupons for unlocked... buy 2 get one free.... anyways..... i bought two games (at the same time) like.....3 weeks ago.....
think i could go in there with my receipt and coupon and leave with my free game?

Ah yes. That's what I think finally led to my banning, since I used 3 copies of the coupon(from 3 seperate mags that I PAID for:booty:) to buy 3 pre-owned copies while it was giving a double Gamer's Club Unlocked discount.

Then I even used a fourth copy of the coupon to get a copy of the game to keep/play. That reminds me. I have to see if my one buddy is done with it or not as of yet.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The way it is now, I don't see myself really using any future @Gamer coupons unless it's an absolutely insane deal($5 ME2, Rage, Bulletstorm, $10 B: AC) since I'll be paying with CASH soon enough because I'm down to about $50 in credit left. Since I'm banned from trading now, I have no way to get anymore credit to use on the games and I DO NOT pay for games w/ cash unless it's something I absolutely want 100%(GTA V most likely will be a day one $60 purchase).

Besides which, a B2G2 on pre-owned games $20 or less would be kinda useless to me, since I've had and traded most of the $19.99 and under games as of now(Two Worlds II, etc).:booty:[/QUOTE]Are you silver? You know there's gonna be a credit deal for this huge title & by the time it releases the 60 price protection will be in effect. All new releases will be $40 or less.

As for the trading ban, I'll be making a BB thread to voice opinions on how they need to correct the trade in process from the ground up. Hopefully we can get some changes before year end.

[quote name='canvasch']i just got my coupons for unlocked... buy 2 get one free.... anyways..... i bought two games (at the same time) like.....3 weeks ago.....
think i could go in there with my receipt and coupon and leave with my free game?[/QUOTE]Are they unopened? The time period could hurt if you opened them which would require a return/rebuy depending on your BB.

[quote name='Enuf']
Are they unopened? The time period could hurt if you opened them which would require a return/rebuy depending on your BB.[/QUOTE]

nah.... i opened them both and been playing them......

[quote name='canvasch']nah.... i opened them both and been playing them......[/QUOTE]your only option at this point is to buy them again using the coupon & return the new ones with the old receipt.

[quote name='dg7md']I absolutely loathe Best Buy and hope they go under soon.[/QUOTE]

Great spirit there wishing for thousands upon thousands of people to lose jobs.

bread's done
Back