MLB 12 The Show PS3 + Vita @ Gamestop - $79.99

I don't think this is really much of a deal. It's nice that it's different but still seems too expensive. You can save that same $20 or so half the time on any other new release by itself.

I'm thinking it may be just because of the game (I have no interest in it) but even if it was something I was interested in I'd probably hope to get more than $20 off retail before buying.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I don't think this is really much of a deal. It's nice that it's different but still seems too expensive. You can save that same $20 or so half the time on any other new release by itself.

I'm thinking it may be just because of the game (I have no interest in it) but even if it was something I was interested in I'd probably hope to get more than $20 off retail before buying.[/QUOTE]

It's $20 off MSRP if you bought separately. That's a deal.

I was hoping stores would do something like this (or that buying one would come with a coupon for the other). Nice deal. Now I'll get greedy and hope that Amazon matches it, just to save a few tax dollars

[quote name='Wario64']It's $20 off MSRP if you bought separately. That's a deal.[/QUOTE]
It's technically a deal. It's not a very good deal is what I was saying.

MLB the show 11 dropped to $39.99 a month after release on Amazon. Maybe it won't this time because it's tied to the vita version but I don't see getting it at release.

[quote name='Cmw7290']Now to find someone who wants MLB 12 for PSVita[/QUOTE]

going once, going twice, sold ! to the crazy baseball fan guy typing this message, i will take that deal because i always buy mlb the show on release day and i bought the vita on release day and cant wait to play it on the vita. plus i have a $25 gift card at bestbuy, so it will only run me about $60 $65 bucks.

Still cheaper on LKRZ. Placing my order there along with Mass Effect 3. Total for 3 games would be about $125. not bad considering buying full retail price

[quote name='steve_dave']this game is the reason i bought a vita. The plan all along was to buy both. This just sweetens the deal.[/quote]

+1

Doesnt seem like that great of a deal to me. Pretty much every new release can be had for 39.99(or the equivalent in GCs) at some point retentively close to release and I'd expect to be able to get vita games for 10 bucks off msrp too. 70 flat would be a price i'd go for myself(although i got in on mlb for vita in a b2g1 from bestbuy when it the deal was working on preorders).

Wonder how many people buy both, and return the PS3 version. If did correctly you could score MLB The Show 12 for $20. They should have included a coupon in the case instead of buying both at the same time. My local Walmart will let you return any unopened game without a receipt. With a coupon inside, people that plan on going fully digital with there Vita would be able to get the Digital copy -$20. Still glad they are doing something like this with cross-play games. Maybe we will see something similar with Ruin.

[quote name='steve_dave']This game is the reason I bought a Vita. The plan all along was to buy both. This just sweetens the deal.[/QUOTE]

Same here, if they would have skipped The Show this year and brought it to the Vita next year, I'd have waited on purchasing the system. Cant wait to take my franchise anywhere I go.

I read on MLB The Show's Facebook page that GameStop, Best Buy, Amazon, and Target are all doing this deal as well as others. I wish amazon would reflect this on their website.

[quote name='Denogginizer']I read on MLB The Show's Facebook page that GameStop, Best Buy, Amazon, and Target are all doing this deal as well as others. I wish amazon would reflect this on their website.[/QUOTE]

Me, too. I bet they will eventually. I have some credit I need to use on Amazon and would like to use it on this

[quote name='afredmiller']Me, too. I bet they will eventually. I have some credit I need to use on Amazon and would like to use it on this[/QUOTE]

Spoke to amazon. They are unaware of the deal and the Vita version is not available for Release Date Delivery. If you order both, they ring up as separate invoices. Reading the Sony PR, both games have to be rung up on the same ticket. As it stands, amazon cannot offer this deal if you want release date delivery. I am going elsewhere.

I have some credit on Amazon as well, cannot wait to pick this up! Using save data for both ps3 / vita is incredible... #lifeover

I'd still be surprised if Amazon doesn't price match. With the article coming out from Sony and everybody else honoring the deal

I know its still a few hours away in the east coast, but for those going to Target can you check if they're doing this promotion?

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Wonder how many people buy both, and return the PS3 version. If did correctly you could score MLB The Show 12 for $20. They should have included a coupon in the case instead of buying both at the same time. My local Walmart will let you return any unopened game without a receipt. With a coupon inside, people that plan on going fully digital with there Vita would be able to get the Digital copy -$20. Still glad they are doing something like this with cross-play games. Maybe we will see something similar with Ruin.[/QUOTE]

That's called fraud. When people try to return products without a receipt they'll always get the lowest sales price not current msrp. ie. If the current price of a game is $60, but during Black Friday they sold it for $40 (lowest sales price). When you try to return it without a receipt they'll give you $40 credit for it.

Otherwise whenever there would be a sale at Walmart I'd buy all everything in their store, then come back two weeks later and return it for full msrp and become a rich. It doesn't work like that.

[quote name='Naramie']That's called fraud. When people try to return products without a receipt they'll always get the lowest sales price not current msrp. ie. If the current price of a game is $60, but during Black Friday they sold it for $40 (lowest sales price). When you try to return it without a receipt they'll give you $40 credit for it.

Otherwise whenever there would be a sale at Walmart I'd buy all everything in their store, then come back two weeks later and return it for full msrp and become a rich. It doesn't work like that.[/QUOTE]

Ya you'll be a rich man but in Walmart store credit lol

Also, if you bought your Vita @ GS, and are a PUR member, you should have received a $10 off a select Vita game. It actually works this bundle, bringiing the total to $70 for both.

The guys at my local GS were unaware of the bundle, but I had them run it through the system and it automatically rang up. So, if anyone's GS tries to refuse it or send you online...just have them ring it through.

[quote name='portpunk']The guys at my local GS were unaware of the bundle, but I had them run it through the system and it automatically rang up. So, if anyone's GS tries to refuse it or send you online...just have them ring it through.[/QUOTE]

Not surprised that Gamestop employees are completely clueless.

i picked up both at bestbuy yesterday,
and i was verry agervated that the vita version turned out not to be so good.
they took a bunch of features out, like the HR cel/cam No player reactions when they hit a HR, no player reaction when you get a hit/strikeout/or do somthing that effects the game. the ball looks 2x bigger when it gets hit half of the time, and the graphics are nothing special. as for the ps3 version,,,
another great baseball game (mlb the show !)

[quote name='Alex121006']i picked up both at bestbuy yesterday,
and i was verry agervated that the vita version turned out not to be so good.
they took a bunch of features out, like the HR cel/cam No player reactions when they hit a HR, no player reaction when you get a hit/strikeout/or do somthing that effects the game. the ball looks 2x bigger when it gets hit half of the time, and the graphics are nothing special. as for the ps3 version,,,
another great baseball game (mlb the show !)[/QUOTE]

They did this intentionally to speed up the time it takes to play a game (according to things I read prior to the game's release).

I bought both these games from Amazon before the deal (in the same order), but they still honored it somewhat after a simple email. I didn't get $20 off my actual purchase, but they gave me a $20 credit towards future purchases.

bread's done
Back