Newegg: Batman Arkham Asylum $14.99 shipped

[quote name='Metalic']Read it as Arkham City for some reason. i cant be the only one? lolol.[/QUOTE]

Still be paying 15 if you get it from Best Buy this Sunday, or 10 if u got @Gamer sub already.

Honestly, this has been had for 10 with @Gamer and $16 has been pretty common.

[quote name='Abeja']Still be paying 15 if you get it from Best Buy this Sunday, or 10 if u got @Gamer sub already.

Honestly, this has been had for 10 with @Gamer and $16 has been pretty common.[/QUOTE]

Plus tax and depending on what state you're from you wont have to pay tax on Newegg.

[quote name='Cmw7290']Plus tax and depending on what state you're from you wont have to pay tax on Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but its not as much of a deal as Arkham City for 10-15. If you waited this long, id just grab AC.

I actually liked this one better than AC, I realize I am probably in the minority on this one.

Still, good price for a great game!

if you're an achievement whore, you can double dip on this game. the vanilla Arkham Asylum and GotY have a seperate achievement list, so you can get 1000G from both of them.

[quote name='Backlash2332x']if you're an achievement whore, you can double dip on this game. the vanilla Arkham Asylum and GotY have a seperate achievement list, so you can get 1000G from both of them.[/QUOTE]

I can never find the pre-Platinum Hits version, darn it.

You can also triple dip by playing the PC game.

[quote name='Curlis']I actually liked this one better than AC, I realize I am probably in the minority on this one.

Still, good price for a great game![/QUOTE]

I agree.

Arkham City just felt too big and off to me. I much prefer the tighter focus of Asylum.

[quote name='apollosrequiem']I agree.

Arkham City just felt too big and off to me. I much prefer the tighter focus of Asylum.[/QUOTE]

Yea exactly, it was very annoying just trying to get from point A to point B while having to fight 5 different groups of the same thugs on the way everytime.

So this game is recommended over Arkham City for a first time Batman gamer?

Also, is the PS3 version or Xbox 360 version more superior? I have both systems.

[quote name='Kendro']So this game is recommended over Arkham City for a first time Batman gamer?

Also, is the PS3 version or Xbox 360 version more superior? I have both systems.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised how many people ask this question......

I have been an XBL member since launch, had a 360 since launch and most of my friends/random online people I met are on my XBL list. So to me if a game is on both platforms I just go 360 so I can get the achievements and show the community I care about what I've done.

Not saying that means everyone should get 360 versions. But I find it so hard to say "This game is slightly better on the PS3, do I want to get it for that and miss out on the achievements?". Or if I primarily played my PS3 vice versa. Only thing I get for PS3 are the exclusives.

EDIT: Guess it is because the Xbox has made me an achievement whore. Which is technically a good thing because it keeps me motivated to play games I'd otherwise never touch again.

[quote name='Backlash2332x']if you're an achievement whore, you can double dip on this game. the vanilla Arkham Asylum and GotY have a seperate achievement list, so you can get 1000G from both of them.[/QUOTE]

It must work like that only for the 360 version. I rented AA when it came out for PS3, got 60% or so of the trophies, then bought GOTY version last month and it continued on from where it left off on the same trophy list. Not that it really matters, I can't imagine very many people would care so much about achievements/trophies to buy two versions of the same game just for that.

Also, is the PS3 version or Xbox 360 version more superior? I have both systems.

I heard PS3 version comes with a playable Joker in bonus challenge maps. I'm assuming he's PS3 exclusive, but someone tell me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='Metalic']Read it as Arkham City for some reason. i cant be the only one? lolol.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, I came here excited as well thinking Arkham City, now I'm letdown before the weekend.

[quote name='CatEyes']I heard PS3 version comes with a playable Joker in bonus challenge maps. I'm assuming he's PS3 exclusive, but someone tell me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

This is true. And he's free, to boot.

Dang... I came here thinking it said Arkham City :roll:

[quote name='Kendro']So this game is recommended over Arkham City for a first time Batman gamer?

Also, is the PS3 version or Xbox 360 version more superior? I have both systems.[/QUOTE]

Start with this game. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are actually separate from all the other Batman games, and are their own series- like Force Unleashed. Asylum comes first, then City.

The PS3 version is better- mainly due to exclusive content. If you like Xbox more though, you may want to get it for that (if you care about achievements that is). Also should be noted that there is no multiplayer.

[quote name='Abeja']Yeah but its not as much of a deal as Arkham City for 10-15. If you waited this long, id just grab AC.[/QUOTE]or you could pm the $30 sale price from BB this Sunday @ walmart & grab their exclusive 2pk(AA + AA)...assuming they still have it in stock in your area.

[quote name='eastx']I can never find the pre-Platinum Hits version, darn it.[/QUOTE]Gamestop my friend sometime they do come in handy.

[quote name='headbanger1186']Dammit, I came here excited as well thinking Arkham City, now I'm letdown before the weekend.[/QUOTE]Well it's $10 starting Sunday @ BB if you use the @game coupon so at least you'll get the game you want for $15 or less($10 depending on if your already a subscriber)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316177

[quote name='Tygamr']Dang... I came here thinking it said Arkham City :roll:
[/QUOTE]your still in luck ^^^

[quote name='Enuf']or you could pm the $30 sale price from BB this Sunday @ walmart & grab their exclusive 2pk(AA + AA)...assuming they still have it in stock in your area.

Gamestop my friend sometime they do come in handy.

Well it's $10 starting Sunday @ BB if you use the @game coupon so at least you'll get the game you want for $15 or less($10 depending on if your already a subscriber)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316177

your still in luck ^^^[/QUOTE]

But even then, you are still breaking even on the 2 pk unless you have a reason to go to Walmart. For me tho, Ill grab Batman AC cause I played the hell out of AA already on both systems and i got the @Gamer sub. AA was pretty much the reason why I bought a 360. However, I enjoyed the freeflow combat the most and think its way better AC. Its probably the thing they have done the best and made even better in AC (and the best in each game IMO, freeflow is badass). I posted for a while on the Batman Arkham Asylum forums and pretty high up in the leaderboards on both games.

I just think its atleast $5 too much for AA. It should be $10.

I do understand what people are saying about liking AA tho. The story is much better in AA. Batman entering AA to stop the Joker and others from overrunning a madhouse just sounds badass. Loved Morrisons comic too.

Sidenote: One of the cool things i like about Morrisons AA is one of the ways to cure Two Face was to give him more sided objects to give him more options in his decisions. He would roll like a 32 sided die with 32 decisions.

[quote name='Abeja']But even then, you are still breaking even on the 2 pk unless you have a reason to go to Walmart. For me tho, Ill grab Batman AC cause I played the hell out of AA already on both systems and i got the @Gamer sub. AA was pretty much the reason why I bought a 360. However, I enjoyed the freeflow combat the most and think its way better AC. Its probably the thing they have done the best and made even better in AC (and the best in each game IMO, freeflow is badass). I posted for a while on the Batman Arkham Asylum forums and pretty high up in the leaderboards on both games.

I just think its atleast $5 too much for AA. It should be $10.

I do understand what people are saying about liking AA tho. The story is much better in AA. Batman entering AA to stop the Joker and others from overrunning a madhouse just sounds badass. Loved Morrisons comic too.

Sidenote: One of the cool things i like about Morrisons AA is one of the ways to cure Two Face was to give him more sided objects to give him more options in his decisions. He would roll like a 32 sided die with 32 decisions.[/QUOTE]

I just beat Batman AA and loved the story. Im thinking of getting Batman AC. Is the storyline better then AA?

[quote name='The Punisher']I just beat Batman AA and loved the story. Im thinking of getting Batman AC. Is the storyline better then AA?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was in the end, but it rushes out a lot of characters without giving them enough time in the plot IMO. The ending is great though. Also, the side quests in the game add a lot of backstory that really improves the story. A lot more depth to the world in this one, but of course it is bigger.

My problem with Batman AA was that detective mode killed my eyes. They really fixed that in Arkham City, which is why it was my favorite game of 2011 (as Batman AA already had phenomenal gameplay and a good story). Arkham City is basically Arkham Asylum on a significantly bigger scale.

bread's done
Back