Anime Spring Cleaning Sale @ DeepDiscount.com (including Bandai Ent. titles)

WTK

CAGiversary!
SCS12-DVD-hero.jpg

Spring Cleaning Sale @ DeepDiscount.com (includes Bandai Ent. titles; and also other anime releases from studios like Viz Media)

Note: Product availability and pricing may change at any time.

EDIT: DVDPlanet.com is running similar sale as well.

Possible Deals @ DeepDiscount.com:

---

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheLongshot']Just as a note, RightStuf is running a 40% off sale right now on Bandai titles.[/QUOTE]

K-On! is only $24, assuming you're ok with dvd.

I'm bummed they're not selling any Anime Legends set so I will go with Rightstuf. I plan on getting Code Geass Season 2 Set since I have the first one. Also anyone recommend a Gundam series? I'd like to own a Gundam series on DVD. Might pick one up during Righstuf Bandai sale.

[quote name='TKtheknight']I'm bummed they're not selling any Anime Legends set so I will go with Rightstuf. I plan on getting Code Geass Season 2 Set since I have the first one. Also anyone recommend a Gundam series? I'd like to own a Gundam series on DVD. Might pick one up during Righstuf Bandai sale.[/QUOTE]

every UC series is good in my opinion,

gundam 0079
gundam 0079 MS igloo the one year war
gundam 0079 the 08th ms team
gundam 0080 war in the pocket
gundam 0083 stardust memory
gundam 0087 zeta
gundam 0088 zz
gundam 0093 char's counter attack
gundam 0096 unicorn
gundam 0123 F91
gundam 0153 victory

With the sale items being scattered all over the place (not all in anime or animation categories), I have added a list of possible deals on the first post.

As noted on the first post, DVDPlanet.com is running a similar unadvertised sale. Prices may be higher or lower there. There is a one-time use $5 off $50 coupon: COUPONCABIN for those who want to use it there.

I'm tempted to grab 0080 War in the Pocket and the MSG movies... we'll see.

Where does the Gundam 00 movie fit into the timeline for the series? Not sure if I should get it or not if I haven't seen season 2 yet.

WTK. Thanks for the coupon code... order the entier tale of the abyss for $50 shipped. Great deal consider their stuff will be oop soon. Crest of the star is really good too.

[quote name='Xellos2099']WTK. Thanks for the coupon code... order the entier tale of the abyss for $50 shipped. Great deal consider their stuff will be oop soon. Crest of the star is really good too.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if Gundam stuff will ever be OOP. Mostly just stuff that Bandai loses license to, like Geneon's titles.

Edit: By ever, I just mean in the near foreseeable future, not in year 3000.

I plan on getting 1 or 2 Gundam series. I'm looking at G Gundam, Gundam Seed, and Gundam 00. I remember watching G Gundam and Seed on Toonami, but never finished it. I saw a few episodes of Gundam 00 on SyFy.

Decided to finally pick up Kannagi after skipping out on the last sale. I already got a shipping confirmation. This is new for Deep Discount maybe they're turning things around. The only thing I want from Bandai is Code Geass R2 hopefully that doesn't go out of print.

Looks like I was wrong about not wanting anything from this sale. I ended up getting Crest of the Stars complete collection, Sword of the Stranger (blu), and Lucky Star OVA.

I was going to pick up Kurokami on blu, too, but noticed that vol. 5 is missing from the sale and I can't get it anywhere else for a decent price.

Thanks again, WTK!

Just remember, if you care, the Kurokami BDs are English dub only while the DVDs are bilingual English dub & original Japanese. The DVDs also have more episodes per disc than the BDs.

[quote name='FJO']Just remember, if you care, the Kurokami BDs are English dub only while the DVDs are bilingual English dub & original Japanese. The DVDs also have more episodes per disc than the BDs.[/QUOTE]

Wtf, that's so lame...

Can anyone vouch for the Stars trilogy (Crest of the Stars, Banner of the Stars 1 & 2)? It looks like it could be good, but I'd like an opinion or two from those who've seen it.

[quote name='Vigilante']Can anyone vouch for the Stars trilogy (Crest of the Stars, Banner of the Stars 1 & 2)? It looks like it could be good, but I'd like an opinion or two from those who've seen it.[/QUOTE]

Crest of the star and Banner of the star is good. The Banner of the star II.... not too good. The first one is generally adventure type and banner of the star is more on special combat tactic style.

[quote name='FJO']Just remember, if you care, the Kurokami BDs are English dub only while the DVDs are bilingual English dub & original Japanese. The DVDs also have more episodes per disc than the BDs.[/QUOTE]Wow, this is stupid, but doesn't surprise since this is Bandai we're talking about. No Kurokami blus for me.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Did DD clean up their act recently? I remember not too long ago (like last year or soemthing) there were tons and tons of complaints about ordering stuff and then it not shipping for literally 6 months.

Edit: guess not.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Deep_Discount
1.76/10 rating for the past 6 months.

Buy at your own peril people[/QUOTE]I placed my order on Sunday and got my shipping confirmation this morning. It could be that they either got their act together or, they aren't inundated with orders since people avoid them now.

Picked up the last two Tales of the Abyss. That was a good deal at least!

Also, The 08th MS Team, and 0083 are by FAR my pick for best Gundam series.

I didn't know the Unicorn sets had 2 episodes each in them... very tempting to own them, but I just hope a company will release a Blu Ray of the entire set some day for a decent price since Bandai won't do it D:

I got my order yesterday, and unfortunately they only put it in a bubble mailer. Out of the 3 things I ordered 2 of them were damaged, with one of the dvd cases being smashed. Going to contact them on Monday for a replacement and ask them to use a box this time.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I got my order yesterday, and unfortunately they only put it in a bubble mailer. Out of the 3 things I ordered 2 of them were damaged, with one of the dvd cases being smashed. Going to contact them on Monday for a replacement and ask them to use a box this time.[/QUOTE]

Let me guess...Crest of the Stars was one of the damaged items?

[quote name='milleniumbugx']Let me guess...Crest of the Stars was one of the damaged items?[/QUOTE]Yup. Somehow some of the discs came loose and they got beat up pretty bad. The Lucky Star OVA DVD case was pretty much smashed, and the DVD was scratched of course.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Yup. Somehow some of the discs came loose and they got beat up pretty bad. The Lucky Star OVA DVD case was pretty much smashed, and the DVD was scratched of course.[/QUOTE]

It's not DD's fault on the Bandai packaging. The older Anime Legends shows are horrible for trying to order online just because the middle disc holder breaks in transit, or the third disc comes free and gets scratched to hell. The single discs aren't any better for that matter, either. I had the same issue with Banner I from Rightstuf, and had to get it replaced twice due to the third disc always coming damaged.

I finally gave up and ordered a single from a vendor on Amazon, since it was cheaper to pay for a new replacement than to keep paying the shipping costs to send my set back to RS for replacing. Even the single disc replacement I ordered came loose and got scratched in transit.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']I didn't know the Unicorn sets had 2 episodes each in them... very tempting to own them, but I just hope a company will release a Blu Ray of the entire set some day for a decent price since Bandai won't do it D:[/QUOTE]

I paid.. well.. WAY too much for the first blu ray, but decided that I would just wait it out for the series to complete.. The existance of these 2 episode dvds might change that opinion though, 2 episodes per disk sounds like not very many, but the episodes are in general fantastic.

Any idea on how many total episodes will be in this fine series? I will guess 6.

[quote name='Vigilante']Can anyone vouch for the Stars trilogy (Crest of the Stars, Banner of the Stars 1 & 2)? It looks like it could be good, but I'd like an opinion or two from those who've seen it.[/QUOTE]

All of it is great, IMO. It is a must-have series.

[quote name='jonlubbe']I paid.. well.. WAY too much for the first blu ray, but decided that I would just wait it out for the series to complete.. The existance of these 2 episode dvds might change that opinion though, 2 episodes per disk sounds like not very many, but the episodes are in general fantastic.

Any idea on how many total episodes will be in this fine series? I will guess 6.[/QUOTE]Indeed there will be 6 and the 5th coming out this May. But with bandai usa gone, there won't be a third dvd release with the final 2 ova.

I just receive my set of Tales of the abyss from dvd planet but one of the limited edition cox is a bit crushed due to them using overly tight box. Can I get a free exchange or do I need to pay shipping to get exchange?

well, i got my dvdplanet repalcement but the plastic wrap is a bit ripped...... and they still ship in a VACCUM sealed bag after i9 ask them to use a box....

I'm still waiting on my replacements from deepdiscount. How long did it take for you to get yours? I also asked them to use a box after the sets that came in the first order were crushed, hopefully they listen.

bread's done
Back