Assassin's Creed 3 metal case preorder bonus at Best Buy

SolidSeminole

CAGiversary!
Went to Best Buy tonight and found several of these in the PS3 and Xbox 360 sections. Looks like the same case is used for both systems! Just 5 bucks and tax.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

photobucket-3115-1330739982238.jpg

photobucket-3889-1330739953101.jpg

[quote name='SolidSeminole']I took the pics as soon as I got home. I didn't even think about taking pics in the store. heh[/QUOTE]
oh they're giving them out now? I'll try and go tomorrow

Guess I know what I'm doing when I pre-order The Muppets on Sunday for its steelbook.

Odd that they're doing a steelbook for AC3 now when it's not due out until October.

[quote name='shrike4242']Guess I know what I'm doing when I pre-order The Muppets on Sunday for its steelbook.

Odd that they're doing a steelbook for AC3 now when it's not due out until October.[/QUOTE]

Very odd indeed. I mean, the game isn't even rated yet.

just looked on the site and couldn't find a listing for this to see if my store has any out yet. Guess i'll just have to go and actually look. Now should i got tomorrow (saturday) or on sunday????

I wonder if these will be available continuously over the next several months or if this is a one-time shipment. Either way, I'll pick one up if my store has it this weekend. On NeoGAF there's a picture showing a full standing display in-store, which seems a little excessive for a game that's still 7 months away.

To the OP, are they individually sealed? If not, I imagine I will have to sort through them to find one that isn't scratched up.

[quote name='winterlane']I wonder if these will be available continuously over the next several months or if this is a one-time shipment. Either way, I'll pick one up if my store has it this weekend. On NeoGAF there's a picture showing a full standing display in-store, which seems a little excessive for a game that's still 7 months away.

To the OP, are they individually sealed? If not, I imagine I will have to sort through them to find one that isn't scratched up.[/QUOTE]

At my store, they were individually sealed and in separate plastic shells like the rest of the games. Kinda overkill for a $5 pre order item. I don't think they did that for the metal cases of the blu rays I pre ordered from them. But at least with the shells on, they are even more protected from getting all scuffed up!

anyone else check their store yet? I was going to go tomorrow but i might just have to check for this today.

[quote name='blindinglights']That looks pretty sweet. I wish they made one for each of the games.[/QUOTE]

They did....

I am actually a big video game-Steelbook collector....and yeah, there are quite a variety of AC Steelbooks. Here's what I have from my personal collection - AC1 Director's Cut Steelbook and the ACII Spain-exclusive Steelbook are missing:

ofdY7.jpg

GMzB0.jpg

From top to bottom: AC Collection Steelbook Futureshop Canada exclusive, AC Brotherhood Steelbook Germany exclusive, and AC Revelations Steelbook Micromania France exclusive.

Also, I called my Best Buy, spoke to an associate and I immediately asked if they were taking pre-orders for ACIII and if he knew anything about the give away, and he said yes, it doesn't start until Monday for all stores...so it looks like OP's store released them early for whatever reason.

This should give everyone plenty of chances to snag one of these as Gamestop is having the same promotion and giving this same Steelbook away as well.

oh werd I'll go gamestop then thanks jde
seems to be monday gamestop and BB and futureshop will be giving away steelbook's for pre ordering

That's cool, but importing from multiple countries to get a complete set seems a bit extreme for me so I'll revise my original statement.

I wish they made them for all the games available in the states as $5 preorder bonuses.

[quote name='jcde7ago']They did....

I am actually a big video game-Steelbook collector....and yeah, there are quite a variety of AC Steelbooks. Here's what I have from my personal collection - AC1 Director's Cut Steelbook and the ACII Spain-exclusive Steelbook are missing:

From top to bottom: AC Collection Steelbook Futureshop Canada exclusive, AC Brotherhood Steelbook Germany exclusive, and AC Revelations Steelbook Micromania France exclusive.

Also, I called my Best Buy, spoke to an associate and I immediately asked if they were taking pre-orders for ACIII and if he knew anything about the give away, and he said yes, it doesn't start until Monday for all stores...so it looks like OP's store released them early for whatever reason.

This should give everyone plenty of chances to snag one of these as Gamestop is having the same promotion and giving this same Steelbook away as well.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Awesome collection! I wish they had offered those here in the US. Never tired to order special editions from out of the country.

I figure if Gamestop or somewhere else offers a different edition or other goodies, I'll get the best one and keep the steelbook.

Checked both of my local stores yesterday, nothing. I'm wondering if the OP's store just put them out early by mistake? Either way, this should definitely be changed to YMMV for the time being.

[quote name='Mixer236']Checked both of my local stores yesterday, nothing. I'm wondering if the OP's store just put them out early by mistake? Either way, this should definitely be changed to YMMV for the time being.[/QUOTE]

Here is my receipt.

photobucket-4338-1330874286892.jpg

If you look at jcde7ago's post, he mentioned that Best Buy would be putting them out on Monday. Not sure if that's jcde7ago's store or every Best Buy? For whatever reason, mine decided they needed to put them out early.

Just found this as well!

http://n4g.com/news/953128/assassin...-hitting-retail-shelves-as-early-as-next-week

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. Went in to pick up The Muppets (which I had to ask for, were in back), and had them check for the Steelbook. They have them in the back, but has a street date of the 5th. So, going back tomorrow morning, for the 3rd straight time, to get one.

[quote name='Scorch']G1 steelbooks make my heart hurt :( It looks nice, though. I'll probably pick one up.[/QUOTE]

If you collect blu-ray movie Steelbooks, i can imagine why...but when it comes to video game Steelbooks....G1 is the way to go. Roughly only 20% of all video game Steelbooks are released in G2 size....but G1 has more artwork space and more exclusives anyways, and if you're a PC gamer, it's the way to go. ;)

[quote name='SolidSeminole']Here is my receipt.

photobucket-4338-1330874286892.jpg

If you look at jcde7ago's post, he mentioned that Best Buy would be putting them out on Monday. Not sure if that's jcde7ago's store or every Best Buy? For whatever reason, mine decided they needed to put them out early.

Just found this as well!

http://n4g.com/news/953128/assassin...-hitting-retail-shelves-as-early-as-next-week[/QUOTE]

So you preordered over the phone, but haven't received the steelbook yet?

[quote name='Finch106']Store checker[/QUOTE]

LOL used your link and all the stores around me have them available for pickup, but they are all listed as "not labeled for individual sale"

[quote name='seether254']LOL used your link and all the stores around me have them available for pickup, but they are all listed as "not labeled for individual sale"[/QUOTE]
Same lol. I'll see if it's changed since.

[quote name='markingsmart']I've been told this isn't Best Buy exclusive and that Gamestop has them too.

Can anyone else confirm this?[/QUOTE]
Joystiq.com reports that you can get the case by preordering from Gamestop, Best Buy, or Amazon. Amazon's preorder listing mentions the steel case shipping separately.

[quote name='tossin']So you preordered over the phone, but haven't received the steelbook yet?[/QUOTE]

No, I bought Justice League: Doom online and went to pick it up. I checked out at the same place. :)

Canadians - I went into Futureshop today, and put $10 down on the game, and received the Steelbook. It took a little coaxing though, as both the Gaming girl and the CS girl had no idea where to find the preorder sku. But I did come home with it, and it sure is pretty :)

bread's done
Back